“Best holiday I have been on!”
Review of Nina Beach Hotel

Nina Beach Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
Preston, United Kingdom
“Best holiday I have been on!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have just returned from the Nina hotel with my boyfriend and have had such a good time!

The hotel is clean, with a clean pool - the pool is almost 3m deep and is a good size to swim in

The location is about 10 minutes from the beach, and about 15/20 minutes from the 'next' beach which has lots of fresh food restaurants and places to book different tours on. The hotel is in an area where I would suggest a buggy/car rental is needed - however, I enjoyed this as we could easily explore the island - Nina hotel offers a car rental place at reception

The food is average, however the hotel does offer different types of meat every day and does cater nice food for vegetarians

The bar at night is amazing! and has such a nice bar tender, we spend almost every night at the bar - we especially enjoyed the pool party at night, and also the greek evening which is held every 2 weeks

The hotel rooms are average

In Nina hotel, Nina and all staff are fluent speakers of English which is very helpful

The only downfalls I have to say about Nina hotel was that the double beds are made up of 2 single beds, and the air conditioning is priced at 6 euro per day if it is not paid by your travel agency

Overall this holiday was amazing, I would defiantly recommend

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Amy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Well maintained hotel, very friendly staff and management, buffet breakfast and supper were very good, but no Greek dishes in the evening, the drew backs were, we were the only English guests in the hotel, everyone was either from Germany and the Czech rep, with a few Pols, this was reflected in the evening meals, boiled veg and pork.. location is a bit isolated, hiring a moped or a car would be advisable, as taxi's to kos town were 24 euro one way, there are any a couple of bars nearby, but again full of Germans and Czechs, there is a bus stop nearby which will take you to kos town for only 2 euros, which is great, but first bus is not till 0900. so if planning a trip to Turkey from kos town for the day, it is too late, so you will need a taxi.
all in all a fair place to stay if you just need to relax, and the Germans and Czechs will keep you entertained at meal times with their dreadful table manners.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andyrd66
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just back, this visit I went with my Sister but next time I will be going back with my Husband. We found the staff extremely helpful and always smiling, nothing too much bother. Food amazing, so tasty, rooms very, very clean, garden beautiful and I just loved the pool.

Beach was a very pleasant walk away and is just beautiful. I had previously been to Tigaki but have to say I prefer Marmari (not so busy). Bus into Kos town is very easy to catch, closeby and is only 2E single trip.

Some beautiful tavernas nearby but you must go to Nina bar (the staff are again brill - yes that's you Irene and Pedro)! Oh - ask about bicycles at reception, they will advise who to hire from (very important)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Laurina R
Devon. UK
Reviewed June 26, 2012

A very welcoming family run hotel set in well maintained gardens with an excellent pool. All the staff could not have been more friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. They went out of their way to make our stay feel like home. The rooms are simple and basic but as there was never a cloud in the sky not a lot of time was spent in the room! The hotel generally and the bedrooms were spotlessly clean. The food was fine especially Irene's Pool Bar Snacks!
This a quiet relaxed part of Kos. Not for those requiring the highlife.

Room Tip: The second floor back rooms have balconies which give you a glimpse of the sea and a view of the set...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Rowena L
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 21, 2011

It's not a place for fun-loving people looking for excitement. It's one of few places in Marmari where you'll find respite. It's not on the beach but in a secluded street surrounded by marvelous palm trees with friendly staff who do not pretend to be helpful but are helpful. You'll have to walk 5-10 mins to the beach but on your way you'll find a small store with all the basics you need (a big bottle of water for 0.7 euro), a cheap rental place with easy-going guys who run it, and splendid taverna (Aegean Taverna) which is one of two best places for food on Kos, no kidding. The pool at the hotel is outstanding, full 25 metres, 80cm to 2.95m deep, great for regular swimmers. there's also a small pool for kids. The hotel is simple, don't expect luxury, but very tasteful. Also the room cleaning is superb, I don't know where they found this girl but I've never seen a room cleaned so well and fast a there, not even in a Radisson. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank nakaslik
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 23, 2011

From the very first day we were feeling welcome. All the staff (receptionist, waiters, maids, bartenders...) were very friendly and helpful. The whole hotel is perfectly kept, tidy and clean. Room was big enough, with balcony and a nice wiev. Garden is just beatiful, with all the palms and flowers. Swimming pool is huge. Food was excellent, both breakfast and dinners and esppecially pool bar was fantastic! I would recommend this hotel for everybody, who is looking for a quiet, restful holiday and a family feeling. Children must be just happy here, because the stuff love them.Big thank you to Nina, the hotel owner - she knows how to satisfied all her clients and tries her very best to do so.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank MonikaPetrasova
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We flew to Nina Beach Hotel, Kos for 7 days with the company Neckermann.cz.
However, majority of our rooms, was sold, so we had to move to a provisional hotel nearby cca 3,5kms. After two days, they managed to put us back to our original accommodation to Nina Beach Hotel. The owner Mrs.Nina was disorganised and stressed, even though it was her poor management and her own blame that she had previously pre-booked our hotel rooms. She started to shout at us clients that we were nothing else but a burden and as it was her own private hotel, she decided to throw us away, immediately. We were in such a shock instead of getting our rooms back, we were under attack of very rude and vulgar words coming out of her greek mouth. On the top of that, she yelled..I am killing you all//so what to do now..after a couple of minutes she went silent, that evening we complained to our travel agent but she only said ...that she was in the same shoes almost every day- yelled at and most of the greek directors kept telling lies to her...how nice, hey, I must admit this has been on the most horrendous holidays in my life, you can survive pre-booking, delays, or loss of your baggage, but this kind of behaviour from the director Mrs.Nina was just TOTALLY AND NOTHING ELSE EXCUSABLE...and my hope for Greek people has been absolutely destroyed with the HORRIBLE SHOUTING...Never ever in my life have I been shouted, spoken to in this level..I will definitely pass the message further on, because this HORRIBLE LADY destroyed all the pleasure of my holiday spent in Kos, in this dreadful hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank MartinaCZ32

Travelers are raving about these Marmari hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Summer Village Hotel
#8 of 15 in Marmari
Continental Palace
Continental Palace
#15 of 19 in Psalidi

Been to Nina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!