“Fantastic holiday place especially for kids”

Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just got back from the holiday village don't believe any bad reviews we were there for a wedding, you just couldn't fault it they really made you feel special. Regarding the food you couldn't fault it there was something for everyone ok it wasn't always hot but then no matter were you go it's not always hot, they did have a microwave there which I used because I do like my food hot I think it's a British thing . The entertainment for the kids was brilliant , the only they were short of was adult entertainment they didn't have any you could go in the adults bar which was good all I can say is what a great place to go if you've got kids .

Room Tip: We was in room 314which was excellent
2  Thank Susan D
Dimitris A, General Manager at Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for your nice words, we are very happy that you and your family had a great time in Holiday Village Kos. We try very hard every day to reach our customers expectations and I can assure you that we work every day for the food to be as hot as possible.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you again in Holiday Village Kos.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here from 13th May till 27th May 2014.Great holiday for all.

Firstly the not so good bits - pools were bit cold, but warmed up if you stayed in a while and towards the end of the holiday. Drinks served in paper cups and self service in most places. Kos airport is tiny so be prepared to queue, and be squashed into a very small terminal whilst you wait.

These are small details though compared to the great bits i'll share now -

Rooms - Good quality, very comfy beds, stayed in room 130 which was very close to all amenities. Maid was excellent and cleaned the room daily to a good standard

Food - The American diner was great for lunch when you want a quick snack. Breakfast and themed nights in the main buffet restaurant, with a good all round choice of foods

Entertainment - There is always something going on. The main pool is the liveliest place in the day time. The ampitheatre in the evening with different shows going on each night once the ifive alive(kids entertainment) has finished. The entertainment team (stevie g, helen, ross, dee, and cara) work tirelessly hard throughout the day to make your holiday fun.

Location - Very good location with only a small 20 minute ish transfer from the airport. Beach is nice and plenty of space to sunbath or for the kids to play. A ten minute walk along the beach will take you into Marmari. There are a couple of supermarkets here, and also a few bars/restaurants along the front to get a quick drink and chill. Took a trip on the bus into Kos town which is 2 euros each. Very nice town, you can get a free mini train around the town, walk around the castle for 3 euros each or enjoy drink and food along the harbor or in Eleftherias Square.

Hotel staff - They were all very friendly, willing to help you and always acknowledged you in the hotel. Kostas in the adult bar was a very good and chatty bar man.

Overall - A very good holiday. Great if you have kids as there is lots for everyone to do. I would definitely go back one day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rob D

Dear Rob,

We are very happy that we managed and offer you nice time and a wonderful holiday. I would like to promise you that any imperfections that you highlight in your next visit you will not see them.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

myself, hubby 2 kids (aged 5 & 3) and both sets of grandparents. food was good, very tasty lots of choice just a tad cold. Loads of things to keep you entertained if you want it but also quieter pools too. The hotel itself was beautiful and kept clean. Swim academy was brilliant and after 3 lessons my son has got enough confidence and now swimming unaided! thanks Jess!!
Entertainment team were awesome and kept not only the kids but adults entertained too. Pools were freezing cold but kids didn't seem to mind! Personally I think the drinks could be improved especially cocktails.
Fab first family holiday abroad, would defo recommend this holiday village and will do another (hopefully soon).

Room Tip: all rooms were fab!!
4  Thank Jodie C

Dear Jodie,

Thank you very much for your review I am very glad that you had a great time. I can promise you that we have already took actions to improve the drinks that we offered. So, the next time that you will visiting us I am sure that you will enjoy your drink.

Thank you once again and I wish you all the best.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at kos holiday village from 14th till 21st of May 2014. Went with my daughter, son n law, my son and 3 grand kids . Would recommend this holiday to any family with young kids,my kids are in their 30's and grand kids 6&9. Plenty to do for families .rooms were really nice 547&548 and cleaned every morning . Plenty choice at buffet restaurant and bar restaurant day and night. I usually go on holiday with my partner to 5star hotels preferably with no kids. But as a family I will definitely be going bk to holiday village kos. All staff were friendly from cleaning staff to management and we were well looked after.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Piparino

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your short but Fantastic review. We are very happy and proud when we offer Fantastic holidays to the families and especially to the kids. We will continue to try to keep as high as possible the standard to provide you unique moments.

I wish you all the best and we are looking forward to welcome you again to Holiday Village Kos.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Arrival – I would suggest that offering assistance with baggage, particularly to families with young or multiple children, would be an improvement. It is one of the first impressions that you get of the hotel and the lack of assistance is a notable omission for a 4* hotel.

Hotel – The room was clean and modern and a cot provided without request (and promptly removed on request). Maid service every day, which was very welcomed. I did hear the odd complaint that the maids did not clean the rooms as well as they could, this might be worth looking into?

Kids Facilities – Fantastic! From the kids clubs and crèche, to the football, table tennis, volleyball (or sand pit for my 2yr old!), splash pool with slides, numerous pools (which meant you could choose kids, noisy or quiet(ish!)), beach a 1min walk away.

Pools – some whinging about the coldness of pools but not much you can do about that. All I would say is don’t claim to have heated pools if there is not a noticeable difference between those claimed to be heated and those not. Loads of sun loungers and no need to get up at silly o’clock to reserve one (a welcome change from other hotels).

Entertainment – A special mention for what was a fantastic entertainment team (Helen, Dee, Stevie Gee, Cara and Ross). I have been on loads of foreign holidays and recently 5 (inc, HV Tenerife, Sensatori Egypt, Club Magic Life Egypt) since our daughter was born and these guys are by far the best entertainment for both kids and adults we have come across. They interacted with the guests both during and outside of the acts and shows and really livened the place up.
Could I put in a special request to get them all to Holiday Village Egypt for this winter season please!? We are there 9-23rd December. My daughter even named her doll Dee after Stevie Gee’s partner in crime! You will do well to keep hold of those two, very good at keeping the adults laughing and the kids interested – not easy to do!!
The HV’s got talent evening was real good fun and gave a chance to see all the staff.

First Choice Reps – Felt the reps were pretty naïve and didn’t really offer much. They only interacted with guests when approached and there was no proactive seeking of opinions or a “how’s your holiday going?” One example was not having copies of menus for the a la carte’s which we ended up getting ourselves by asking at the restaurants – but why hadn’t the Reps already done this?

Hotel Manager (Dimitris) – Very visible and always asking people their opinions and what problems they were having. We explained about some issues with temperature of food in the main restaurant and water at the pool and within 24 hours there was a noticeable improvement. Impressive response. Infact the 2nd week of our stay was much better than the 1st.

Customer Relations Manager (Irene) – She was very personable and interested in people’s opinions.
First Choice Manager – Was not seen very often and I did not see him engaging with the customers (whether he did or not I do not know?)

Waitresses – All very nice and engaging. One in particular was excellent with our little one.

Drink – The inclusive drink was ok and drinkable, but nothing special but that is to be expected. Bottled water available which is great – would be good if it was always cold (sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn’t)

Food – There were numerous people unhappy with the food, but I think the main issue was in the first week we were there when the hotel had not long been open and they were clearly experiencing some teething troubles. This improved markedly in our 2nd week with plates burning hot and food a reasonable temperature. The quality of the food was variable with some really nice meat but also some “sloppy” dishes. Was particularly disappointed with the quality of the kids food as it was very greasy (most things are deep fried), but ours tended to manage on the main selection of food. More authentic Greek dishes would have been welcomed.

Restaurants – Greek was good. American dinner was poor. Main restaurant was variable

Bar Staff – Need to interact a little more with customers and put a smile on their faces. Nobody wants to see a miserable face on their holiday.

I hope this feedback is useful to you.

Stayed: May 2014
8  Thank Wilz22

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your review wich is very detailed and helpfull. So happy to enjoy our hotel and I would personally promise you that every time you visit us you can find us better and better.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Myself, husband, daughter (7) and son (5) have just returned from a great 2 week holiday at this hotel (13-26 May 2014). We've had a fabulous time and would highly recommend both the hotel and it's staff along with the First Choice team. The hotel itself was comfortable, spotless with beautiful gardens and good facilities. The staff were always polite, kind and eager to make us feel welcome. The restaurants coped well with 1000's of diners at each meal time with plenty of choice, although some of the buffet items could have been hotter. The quality and choice of alcoholic drinks was disappointing and warm bottled water failed to hit the spot when temperatures soared. The First Choice Entertainment team were excellent. Always full of energy, positivity and so, so good with the children, A very professional young team dedicated to providing holidaymakers with very good entertainment all day, every day. Particular plaudits are awarded to Dee, 'the hostess with the mostest', Stevie G, aka 'Ollie Murs' & captain of the red team and Helen & Cara, the 'beautiful songbirds'. This was our first time at a Holiday Village and we wouldn't hesitate booking another holiday of this type; I just hope the other resorts match up to this one. PLEASE NOTE - the hotel offers the use of courtesy rooms for free in half hour slots. We, as a family of 4, were given an hour which is plenty of time to shower, change and finish packing. DON'T spend €50 or €100 to retain your room until 6pm - why, when you're at the pool / beach for most of the day?!

Room Tip: We had a family room, on the first floor of a quiet block backing onto the tennis courts. Our balco...
4  Thank S_Roberts042

Dear guest,

We are very pleased that we reach your expectations and had a fantastic holiday in our hotel, we feel very proud when we make you happy and you really enjoy your time in Holiday Village Kos.

Hope to see you again.

All the best,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just retuned from a week at this hotel, first the bad news then the good. We picked the hotel on the basis that the rooms were good and we would have a good hotel and environment to enjoy. We didn't expect perfect as we know all advertisements carry an element of spin, that said we had a firm idea of what to expect. When we arrived we given room 630 and immediately our hearts sank, the room was dusty, dirty mouldy bathroom clearly very old with broken fixtures, peeling paint a broken table, leaking fridge, veneer on fittings torn off and the room was vey dark. The bed was fresh thank god but that was all. Naturally we weren't in a mood to accept that, we wanted what we had been sold and paid for so I went back to reception and asked for a change of room explaining calmly and politely then problems and pointed out the room we had been given had no resemblance to the rooms in the brochures and advertisements etc. I was disappointed by the response that I received of shrugged shoulders and the room we had is a double room and therefore as described, the manager is unavailable and we can't help you today maybe come back tomorrow, they also said they didn't know how their rooms were advertised.... really??well how about you look at the TV channel that plays on a loop in every room in the hotel showing a nice pristine modern room, just like the one we thought we would get?

To be told by the staff of the hotel that they don't know what their own rooms looked like was clearly an attempt at a brush off. I persisted in my desire for my family to be moved and the following day with the help of the rep I succeeded and was give a really great room nice, clean, modern, tiled wet room and all that type of thing, bit small but fine for what we needed.

It's clear now that the block of rooms starting with a 6 haven't been refurbished and they desperately need it. The best way I can describe the older rooms is that they look like something out of the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter they really are that bad. Most disappointing was losing a day of holiday I had to devote to pushing the management of the hotel to get us moved into the room we had paid for and expected.

Also the bed sheets never seemed to fit, anyway that's the bad bit over, if you go avoid the 6 block and room 630 for sure.

The good bit.

Great food, ok drinks, decent wine, cocktails a bit iffy but I wasn't expecting Tom Cruise, the bar staff work hard and are friendly.

The place is clean as a whistle, if your kids like bugs then you are in luck, some whopping specimens to be found keeping my 7 year old with an eye to the ground, take repellent for the evening though.

Beach is lovely and the sea is clear and has a shallow gradient perfect for kids. The pools are great but the splash pool with the waterslides is not heated but that doesn't stop the kids playing it merely turns them blue for a bit.

The staff were all very nice ( exception being the difficulties with changing rooms) and the entertainment team for the kids were outstanding, they work like demons and were just a delight for the kids, how they keep it going for a season I have no idea. One of the characters is a chap called Farmer Macvitie who is the most bizarre creation for kids I have ever come across with his sprout obsession and mild cheek towards adults, however get yourself a rum and coke and it starts to make some sense after a few nights. Kind of..

In terms of trips the Agean cruise was fantastic, not too many people on a nice boat, postcard destinations clear water and good food, we even got dolphins!! For seeing the island though you can rent a car for 50 euros and the island is so small you can't get lost and can visit the main areas of interest on your own timetable rather than a coach trip and all that entails with drops etc.You can rent a car from a guy in the hotel who sits outside the main restaurant with his franchise, good value and well worth it.

Sunbeds, I tried to obey the don't hog them by putting a towel down rule but if you don't then you might struggle to find some after 10am.

Our family of four with kids aged 5 and 7 had a great time, the only problem was the room on the first night but once that was sorted out we were fine, it's a good family destination with a couple of good things to see on the island.

Hope this helps you make a choice.

Room Tip: The block with rooms beginning with a 6 have not been refurbished so avoid them at all costs. Certai...
3  Thank Gordon S

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your nice words about the hotel and I am very glad that after the inconvenience you had, had a great time in Holiday Village Kos. The only thing I would like to mention is that the hotel renovated in total in 2013 especially the rooms and particularly the 600 block is the most popular for families. I am so sorry about the problem that you face which I can explain and I would be glad to see you again.

kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Blue Lagoon Village
Caravia Beach Hotel
Caravia Beach Hotel
#2 of 15 in Marmari
Sandy Beach Hotel & Family Suites

Been to Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica? Share your experiences!