“ENJOYABLE FAMILY BREAK.”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Marmari
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I travelled to Kos with my husband and 19month old son. Flight, transfers were no problem. Check in was quick and the hotel staff very friendly. As we arrived at the hotel during lunch time our bags were taken to the rooms for us so we could enjoy some lunch. Grounds, pools are immaculate.The pools were a little chilly but was fine when you had managed the first dunk!! Our son loved the splash pool but was always busy and hard to get a lounger as alot was reserved during early mornings. I am aware that the hotel left notices up that loungers can not be reserved before 9am and towles would be removed if this happened. However we were always up early and never saw any one removing towels. It was not such a problem this early on in season but can imagine it would be a nightmare in peak season!! As for the food we thought it was amazing. Loads of choice, regulary refreshed. The a la carte restaurants were lovely to and was nice having someone to wait in you. I would say the food was the best we have had on an all inclusive and im fussy! The restaurant staff were amazing, warm and charming especially to our son who laped up the attention. The other thing i liked was always seeing management wondering around the grounds liasing with staff. I think they really take pride in the surroundings and customer service.
As for the bars and evening entaintment, agree with one other reviewer, the queue to the bar was silly and no atmosphere and nothing really going on for adults but seeing as this is a family resort it was fine for us and wasnt an issue.
The rooms were nice and clean, very comfortable beds.We stayed in room 521 and never had any disturbances from the evening entertainment. However we did have a leak in our bathroom which took 3 days to get sorted!! This made the floors in our room really dangerous as they are tiled throughout. Also be aware of the floors round the pool area as again our son skidded a few times and wasnt even running!
All in all i think anyone who comes here will have an enjoyable family break away and there will always be flaws in hotels to certain people. Take it as it comes and you will not be disappointed. We would return!

10  Thank nattie093
Philippos S, Manager at Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2015

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was just reading a comment from a reviewer who was worried about the food. We got back yesterday and I have to say that the food was excellent, the best we have had in an all inclusive. The choice was vast. We tended to eat late but everything was replenished and they did not seem to run out of anything. There was a huge array of foods; fish, grilled meat, Greek dishes, pasta, Chinese, a huge choice of salads, vegetables, potatoes in every form. We arrived at 4 a.m and were given drinks and food. It is not just my opinion, everyone on the coach to the airport was impressed by the food and the level of the service.
I booked a late deal for my 20 year old daughter and myself because it was very cheap. It was not what I would really have chosen as it is for families but we had a lovely room overlooking the beach. It was a superior room because we wanted twin beds. Spotlessly clean and clean towels every day. These rooms had a kettle and coffee machine. TV with 5 english film channels and CNN for news. Incidentally someone asked about rooms with a sea view. The only rooms with a sea view are in block 700 which as far as I could see are all superior doubles. We did not pay for late check out because I thought £84(100 euros in resort) extra was daylight robbery for six hours extra. However when we checked out at twelve I asked if there was somewhere for us to shower and change later and we were booked a half hour slot of our choice, in a room close to reception.
The only thing we did not like was the entertainment. It was boring and old fashioned, not the reps fault they worked extremely hard. There was very little else to do in the evenings. The bar was lacking in atmosphere, with TV's showing German sport and cartoons. Which was strange because there were never any Germans in the bar.
The all inclusive really Is all inclusive. We went out quite a lot but we did not spend anything in the hotel at all because there was no need.
There are 4 pools with different functions, so you can join in or find a quiet spot. We were always able to find a sun-bed by the pool or at the beach at any time of day.
The children seemed to be having great fun at the various clubs. As we did not have children with us we were able to relax because the children had lots to do all day.
The bus runs from directly outside into Kos town. It was always on time (timetable on reception desk). 2 euros each way. Well worth a visit, very pretty. Marmari is a 10-15 minute walk away. A few bars, tavernas and shops, as well as places to book trips and an ATM (First Choice take note because according to your info the nearest ATM is 8kms away).
I think families will have a great time at this hotel. Lots to do in daytime. Everything closes at 12 so not a place for partying.

Room Tip: All the rooms are close to the bars and restaurants, which are in the middle of the complex. Block 7...
12  Thank djslangland

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just returned from a week here as a group of 5 (4 adults and a 2 1/2 year old) and we all wish we wernt returning (we asked the reps if we coiuld stay and work for free to get out of coming home)
Before writing this review i have read the reviews placed by other recently and i can certainly say it has improved since it opened at the begining of may and i think first choice have listened to the feedback that previous guest have given.

They now have an extra bar open at night next to the theatre to take some of the pressure off of the indoor bar, The food for a weeks stay was good but i agree slightly with a previous comment that it could get repettative, but only as far as the main part of the meal is concerned as there was chips, salad, rice every night but they did try to change the meat side of dinner most nights, so i dont think i had the same meal twice during my week but the food looks similar on the surface just got to try something new each day.

Now onto my review,

We stayed from saturday 11th may for a week, we arrived at the hotel at 9.30pm and they kindly kept the kitchen open until 10pm for the new arrivals (normally closes at 9.30) however we wernt very hungry after a long day traveling so just had a bit of food then went to our rooms to sleep off the travelling to look forward to our first day.
Our room as a standard room which consisted of a large double and a single bed (we asked for a cot to be placed into out room at 10pm and the maid service did it straight away for our daughter, i didnt expect anyone to be around to do it for us that night so that was a bonus)
Breakfast the next morning was much as we expected from previous holidays, good range of fresh bread/pastries/crossaints etc, lots of yoghurt,meats and cheese. and also some hot options, fried egg,beans, bacon, sausages(unfortunatly these are frankfurter ones).
Lunch was served outside in a nice buffet bar but this was the least exciting meal, was always pasta/chips/burgers and salad which did get boring but the pool bar also does toasties/ sandwiches/pizza all day so we just mixed it up a bit and didnt use the lunch buffet every day.

The hotel complex was huge, rooms are spread over a wide location and we were a little concerned that our block was right next to the outdoor theatre however from night 1 it didnt disturb is one bit. mainly because we were insude enjoying it til the end most nights but if you keep your door closed and the air con keeps you cool and you cant hear much noise.
The selection of pools is great, we spend one day by the main pool which is the funny shapped one in the pictures, very relaxing, a little too much for us so we deciding to use the "activity" pool for the rest of the week, has music playing and this is were the fun is such as water polo, water zorb ball things, daily qiuz, water aerobics. Us brits tend to turn our noises up at so called "fun" and would rather sit and do nothing, but seriously, get yourself involved in these things and you will look back on your holiday with a smile on your'e face.

Which brings me nicely onto the best thing about the whole holiday which was the entertainment team, whcih consisted of 5 great guys, Sarah, Sami, Anna, Ted and Dave. who not only provided the entertainment around the pool but by night turn into a great professional entertainment act (and i dont mean the cheesey rubbish you would expect from a family holiday) sure there was some kids entertainment that you have to take with a pinch of salt (farmer Giles being my favourte) but then they do 45 mins or so of quality acts, which some great vocals from all, but the best for me was Dave's solo night of all his favoute songs, really showed some good talent.

I have given the trip 4 starts, i guess to get 5 for me the rooms would need to be a little cleaner (nothing too bad but just lacking that deep clean under beds/ behind doors) and a bit more choice for lunch time.

We didnt use the beach much as the day time pool fun was too good to miss!!

Ignore the reviews which are too negative as i would love to go back!

Room Tip: Standard rooms were good, we also saw one with the slidding door for kids bedroom which looked reall...
9  Thank Dan E

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had lots of experience of Hol Villages and this one follows the same formula. Firstly, on reading other reviews from this hotel's opening 2 weeks, I can only assume something has been done about the food . The choice and quality of the food is the best by far of all the HVs I have been to. The whole complex is very clean, great service all round. The location isn't the best though if you like to venture out. Marmari village has little to offer but Tigaki has a bit more to offer (about 4 miles away) and there's a really good karting track on the way. Bus journey to and from Kos is easily done too and cheap. I've noticed the last 2 years that the entertainment is mainly provided at night by the same team of very good all rounders, but FC have obviously cut back on paying out for professional entertainment (without reflecting this in their holiday prices). The young kids clubs are of a good standard as usual . If you like to stay on site and eat, drink and don't mind what's on at night (the kids are happy with the night's entertainment so that is a big plus) then you should have a great time. Be careful in the ampitheatre at night though. With some parents not looking out for their kids its an accident waiting to happen.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank headhoncho28

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us here at the Holiday Village Kos.

My sincere apologies for the discomfort regarding the sunbeds. I have taken up this matter with the ownership and I assure you that we will make all the necessary steps to solve the problem as the hotel runs under a new management team in 2015.

Thank you once again for your feedback which assists us in our ongoing efforts to improve our facilities and standards.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week holiday in the new Holiday Village in Kos. What a great resort!! We arrived to a lovely reception - drinks for everyone whilst we waited to check in etc. Our bags were taken to the room for us and we went to grab some food in the restaurant. We had a basic room for 3 people and it was very comfortable. The cleaning fairy would come in every day and work her magic. All of the hotel grounds are well kept and maintained on a daily basis.

The First Choice reps were just amazing - they couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome! Since returning home i have sent an email to First Choice to complement them on their staff. The entertainment team - Anna, Sarah, Sami, Ted and Dave are particularly good. The shows they put on are fabulous and my daughter was so upset to leave them behind! They are great in every way!

The only down side to this holiday was the food. Having said that its not THAT bad. Lots of variety but there could be more. I was quite happy with it because I am not a big food person (i'm quite happy with eating the same thing and not very adventurous) but my husband was slightly disappointed. It didn't put a dampener on the holiday at all though and i'm sure that this is just a teething problems associated with the fact that its new this year and early on in the season.

My daughter attended the Kids Club and had swimming lessons with the coaches Harry and Tara. Both were great. She was more than happy to go off on her own and join in with all the activities and i felt 100% confident that she was safe and happy. There is loads to do for the adults too - archery, football, tennis etc. All of the reps who ran these activities were amazing!

Kos town is 20 minutes away on the bus and costs 2 Euros each. We hired some bikes from the resort and cycled into the local town. It was lovely to get out and see some of the island. I would highly recommend the Hamam Spa in Tigaki for a lovely relaxing pamper day at a very reasonable price.

All in all we had a fabulous holiday. We are already looking to go back!!

12  Thank Lisa R
Philippos S, Manager at Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2015

Hotel Team

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'm writing this as a review of Holiday Village Kos that this hotel is now known as. We booked via first choice and stayed for the first 2 weeks of opening in May 2013.

Flight fine and on arrival we discovered all bus drivers were on strike. It took an hour or two to eventually get a taxi as there were a couple of planes that had landed and to be honest it was rather chaotic but the reps did a great job organising things and the taxi's were paid for us.

On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly british reps / kids club / entertainers. shrek was there, as was a lion out of some disney show. kids seemed to like. Unfortunately our room wasnt ready, it appears most were not. Considering this was opening day it seemed a bit odd as they were not having to wait for people to vacate the room and we were late.. anyway we were sent to eat lunch or have a drink and the room would be ready in an hour.

We had a brief walk through the complex, ate some lunch then went back to get our room cards.

Room was good. we had a family room with partition and sliding door. 600 block ground floor. Nice and fully refurbed inside. Entry is gained through a swipe card and as you enter you have bathroom on the left (which is a bit of a tight squeeze but once you get in, door kinda gets in the way. there is a decent walk in shower with plenty of hot water. Nice enough.) on the left is a wardrobe / plenty storage, a safe (key) and fridge. You then enter the kids bedroom / 2 single beds with TV and storage. These are proper single beds each side of the room all set up rather than sofa beds. there was also a travel cot. You then have a partition that has a sliding door. The partition stops 1 foot short of the ceiling, then through this you have a double bedroom with another TV & some storage, beyond this you have sliding patio door onto the patio.

Both TV's worked off the same remote so you had to be careful how you pointed it without changing the channel on the other TV (yeah that was annoying turning the kids tv on as you turn yours off at night). As the partition didnt reach the ceiling at night light and sound would escape into the kids room so you had to creep around in your bedroom and have the TV real quiet. also to get to the bathroom you had to creep through the kids room. It's OK you get used to it but could have been thought out better. this really isnt two sep rooms, it gives privacy and way better than kids sleeping at the end of your bed but is not 2 sep rooms.

Main issue to me was there is no internal security on the entrance door. no door chain, no lock, nothing. From inside you simply pull down the door handle and the door opens. I've got young kids. they know how to open a door. at night with partition closed I cant see what they are doing, they could just open the door and walk out and drown in a pool.... Secondly, you cant stop anyone coming in. Maids would knock as they enter and there was no way of stopping them enter so if you were sat on the loo you may get a surprise.

I couldnt do anything about stopping the maid but to at least warn me if the kids had opened the door I rigged up the old james bond trick of balancing things on the door handle that would make loud noise if they fell every night.

Maid service was top notch, they did a very good job every day cleanign the room, fresh towels. Only prob is that they come at any time of the day. sometimes 9am sometimes 5pm. on one day not until evening. would have been nice to have routine that you could get used to.

Laundry. Hand washing wasnt working for us so I spoke with reception and they offered an offsite laundry service. Excellent. €8 per 6KG + €5 service fee. thats basically €13 for a full load washed fresh, dried and folded returned next day. Worth using once or twice if you are there for two weeks.

so.. what else then.

Complex was nice enough, there were plenty of things for the kids to do. nice pools, football pitch, beach, volleyball, play areas. They had done a nice job of the grounds and landscaping but it was a little tired. I've seen nicer.

Pools were cold. there is a shallow one with a big kids slide / spray thing in the middle. there is an entertainment pool (where the boozy brits tend to camp out). there is a main pool which is the curvy one you see in the pics (which became more popular with the non British boozers). there is a quiet pool tucked in the corner (which is next to the luxury block and has a shallow kids section). my faves were the main or quiet pool. they were cold. apparently one of them was heated but I think they hid that from me.

Kids activities.. Kids club and creche staff were outstanding! kids loved those activities and the nightly i5live show really topped their day. Security at kids club and creche was top notch, staff were well trained, kids happy = parents happy. that scores 5 stars. Actually, I'm going to score the kids club / creche 4 stars.. not because of the staff, they deserved 5 but because of the opening hours. by day fine but at night they did open an evening club/creche twice a week. but not until 9pm!! so who is that aimed at? take the night off they say.. and they open it from 9-11pm. well thats late isnt it.. pointless. it should be 7-9. we never used that service because of this.

couple of shops onsite. one sells all of the typical toys, inflatables, suncream, newspapers, sweets etc. It is run by a rather (over) friendly man and prices are OK but higher than Marmari. the other sells typical jewellery etc that I think is run by the mans wife.

Beach was lovely. plenty of sunbeds and only a minute walk away. We would go there a lot. You can walk along the beach to Marmari which is 1KM away. or you could walk along the road that runs parrallel to the beach. Marmari is a nice little beach town, its a one street set-up with a few shops and bars. unfortunately much of it was shut when we were there as it was start of season but as we were leaving you could see it opening up and I think once the season is under way its probably a very nice little town. I would make the effort to walk up there.

Bus. There is a bus that goes on the hour to Marmari / Kos town from the rear of the hotel for a Euro or two but I never used it. I did see people waiting so assume it does actually run. good deal as a taxi into Kos town is 20 or 30 Euro each way.

Food.... so. this is a bit tricky. we were there for 2 weeks and it got boring. I think the quality was ok. ok to good. but it really became very very 'samey'. Little changed on a daily basis and with very limited places to eat I did feel a bit like i was in a prison by the end of the stay.

There is one internal restaurant, the main one that you eat Breakfast and Dinner in every day. there is one restaurant outside split into two sections where you eat lunch every day. Thats it. you're going to get pretty used to the scenary! the outdoor restaurants do open in the evening for you once a week meal which you have to book but the food is pretty much the same. As we were leaving it looked like they were about to open a further restaurant (Italian?) but I heard you would have to pay to eat there - not sure if that is true.

The quality of food was better that I have had in other all inclusives but the lack of choice in menu and actual places to eat got me down a little. by the end of week one i cant say I really looked forward to going to eat, it became a chore more than a joy and as the number of guests ramped up in week two we all had to queue a little...

Bars.. Ok so this was a real fail. there is a small bar by the main pool, there is an adult bar up by reception, there is a small bar by the beach and there is a main bar up by the entertainment pool / outside the main restaurant. By day all is good. they are open, staffed and server decent drinks & snacks. At night though it is rubbish. all pools close but for the adult bar and the main bar. since this is a hotel for families the adult only bar is pointless. it is empty soul-less place. yeah nice decor but no ambience and really out of bounds for most people due to no kids being allowed. that leaves you with a single main bar. the first week was OK-ish as the place was quiet but by week two if you wanted a drink at 9pm get in line... seriously 10 or 15 people in a queue to be served by 2 bar staff. Stupid. as the queue gets longer people order more drinks to stock up.. queue gets even longer as serve time increases. Really unimpressed by that.

Mixed review huh. It wasnt really bad but if it wasnt for the kids staff it would have been. I liked the concept, it is great for kids but for a family it was missing things. Those I spoke to who have been at other holiday villages say the others are (much) better. Therefore, I would go back to a Holiday Village.... just not this Holiday Village.

Hopefully that is helpful. If you are going and you have booked you will enjoy yourselves but make an effort to go up to Marmari to break up the routine.

Room Tip: 600 or 700 blocks are probably best. You do not want to stay near the Amphitheatre where they do...
12  Thank dwnfallen

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is 6th holiday village I have stayed and by far the worst. We went the first week of opening for the season and the standard quality and selection of good and drink can only be described as terrible at best. Food was the same daily for all 3 meals in terms of selection and only just warm never hot. First choice were made aware by numerous guests however this did nothing to change what was served. I would say away from the food that this hotel isn't a 4* plus by any means and away from the newly refurbed rooms the rest of the hotel is shabby and dated. Defo would be returning

• Stayed: May 2013
14  Thank Kav1969

Philippos Stamelos

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Summer Village Hotel
#10 of 24 in Tigaki
Casa Cook Kos
Casa Cook Kos
#7 of 15 in Marmari

Been to Holiday Village Kos by Atlantica? Share your experiences!