“Concierge at Albergo Pietrasanta in Pietrasanta, Italy”

Albergo Pietrasanta
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pietrasanta
Billerica, MA
“Concierge at Albergo Pietrasanta in Pietrasanta, Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Barbara Pardini, the General Manager of this hotel goes the extra mile. She actually walked us to the shop to purchase our train ticket to Cinque Terre and made sure we knew to validate the ticket so we wouldn't be charged the EUR 50 fine per person for not doing so!!! The hotel is unique and very quaint. The town of Pietrasanta is lovely and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janinepairserv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

There is no question that it is the levels of service provided by Barbara the GM, who is always around and available, is what differentiates the hotel. Whilst it is a pretty hotel, as other reviewers have marked, it is expensive; for us with our grown up son, we were paying c. EUR 550 per night, and the rooms certainly don't warrant anywhere near that number.

Having said that, from the moment we arrived, we could not have been given a better welcome; afternoon tea was provided as we had a long flight; there was a misunderstanding on whether SLH membership proved breakfast - quickly resolved with minimum fuss, and unobtrusive attention throughout the visit.

Pietrasanta is also a charming village, conveniently situated, for touring Northern Tuscany and a great base.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
biliana, Direttore at Albergo Pietrasanta, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Guest, I thank you for your lovely and warm words regarding the way I welcomed you and your family, but please let me also point out that the hotel has an incredible added value which is the extraordinary collection of contemporary art that boasts pieces that had been exhibited at the most famous world wide museum. The room you stayed in has a fantastic piece by Schifano ( L'Albergo della Vita), that is considered one of the greatest piece of art. Sleeping at the Albergo Pietrasanta is like sleeping in a museum without the unpleasant feelings that someone has when visists a museum. We, at the Albergo, apart from the service and the quality of food and the attentive support , we also want to give our guests the luxury to stay, look and live with pieces of arts.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is quite an expensive hotel and thus I have to mark it based on price. It’s a pleasant enough hotel, but was completely lacking in any atmosphere. It wasn’t very busy, but even if full I couldn’t see it being one I would enjoy sitting in the lounge. Don’t get me wrong, the lounge is large and well furnished, but lacking something.

The breakfast area is very pretty and well laid out. There were other guests (at least another 8), but that lack of anything in the air didn’t make the place one I would sit for an hour or two. The staff were fine and the breakfast cereal was one I had never had before and really liked!

We were in 103. A suite at the front. Nice big room and comfortable large bed, lots of cupboard space. WiFi, flat screen TV. BUT, no water in room. At this price? There is a fridge with water at 3euro’s. I bought 6 bottles nearby for 1.5 euros. The bathroom was large, double sinks etc. BUT nowhere to put soap when in the shower other than the base.

I had a Renault Scenic that just fitted through the alley you need to drive through to get to the hotel. Anyone not used to tight spaces might find it a bit tight. All the warning beeps from the various sonar points on the car front and back were beeping going through that alley! Its a pedestrian zone, so parking is not long-term. Hotel will park your car at a cost in a free car park 5 mins walk away. It’s not a controlled car park, but does have the benefit of being shared with the local Police HQ!

The town itself is pleasant for a wander and the food at 41 a couple of streets away was to die for. Not so the very expensive restaurant right outside the hotel. – Looks the part, but the food isn’t the greatest for such high prices.

These are all picky points and won’t spoil a stay here, but the price will.

The title of my review refers to a sculpture in the town square of these two footballers and a brutal coming together of their personalities.

Room Tip: 103 is a suite with double windows facing the front. I could see two rooms on the second floor at th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank melwood
biliana, Direttore at Albergo Pietrasanta, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

it is always fruitful to read through a client's comment to have a different perspective and learn from constructive criticism.
From what you write, I seem to understand that the main point of your comment is on the value for money you got at the Albergo Pietrasanta and I am sorry that you could not evaluate the 50 sq mt bedroom, the unique pieces of antiques ( original 19th century), the Accardi painting and the frescoed cealings as a value. But I accept that what is a value for someone, may not be a value for another.
Regarding the lacking of atmosphere I will let the other clients' comments on Trip Advisor reply to this.Barbara
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were a family of 7 with children ranging in ages from 13 to 23. We had 3 rooms which were all lovely. Our suite was particularly nice. The baths are spacious and filled with local Carrerra marble. There are charming round windows in the room and a beautiful courtyard to have breakfast. Barbara, the manager, and her staff were wonderfully helpful with dinner suggestions, day trips and beach cabana rentals. Il Posto was particularly delicious. Pietrasanta is a lovely upscale, art oriented town. It's a great base to explore Lucca, Pisa, Cinque Terre, etc.. Next time I would love to go up to the mountains. We would definitely stay at the Albergo Pietrasanta again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at Albergo Pietrasanta for four days in mid-August on a trip with my father and husband to Tuscany and Versilia. We arrived at the hotel after driving from Florence and it was a pleasant sight after a long journey. The town of Pietrasanta is quite small and charming; it's full of quirky boutiques, art shops, and restaurants with outdoor seating that lines the streets. At the time of our visit, the local church had an exhibit of contemporary French and Italian art, and "Zidane's headbutt" (the famous incident between Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi) was displayed in the square. The hotel itself is beautiful; a former palazzo, it is filled with art and elegant features, and there is a lovely outdoor terrace where breakfast is served each morning. The owners have an impressive collection of contemporary work, and show it off very well. We found Barbara and her staff to be incredibly warm, welcoming, and knowledgable. In particular, she helped us plan excursions, secure bicycles, and offered excellent recommendations for activities and meals. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel stay. The service was superb and made our visit all the more pleasant. Many thanks to Barbara and the entire staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jana C
biliana, Direttore at Albergo Pietrasanta, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear guest, I do not use your name for the sake of privacy, but I want to express my deepest thanks for your lovely comment and very clever description of Pietrasanta. I hope your father enjoyed the Palio and did not get lost :-). and hope Isola d'Elba was for you a nice way to end your holidays. Good luck for your new profession in NY. Barbara
Pievescola, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have to admit that when my husband a d I drove into the town of Pietrasanta, we did wonder why our wonderful travel agent, Susan Agnielli of Premium Concierge out of Naples, FL, sent us there. However after checking into the Albergo Pietrsanta and meeting the lovely and very helpful staff and taking a short walk around, we quickly figured out it was because it is a true artists' haven and there are many, many art studios, galleries and artists at work. It is a marble source and Michelangelo used to source his marble from there, so obviously it's a very old city! We had wonderful meals and when the menus have no English subtitles, you know you are in the real Italy! The streets were quiet and nearly deserted during the day but starting around 7:00 pm the restaurants spill out into all the side streets and there is a hum of conversation as all the locals come to dine. Children playing alongside their parent's tables, babies in strollers, dogs laying under chairs--real Italians enjoying the evening. The staff at the hotel was so kind and helpful, of special note Barbara and Giovanna who recommended their favorite restaurants, made the reservations and got us transportation. A real treat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne T
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Let's start with the pluses. Great location in a pretty, quiet, classy town. Very helpful and friendly staff, led by Barbara, the manager. Pretty conservatory for breakfast, great public spaces (with a big collection of high quality art) and nice little garden courtyard. BUT, you need to choose your room carefully. Make sure you get a room in the lovely main building, preferably overlooking the garden. Our room in the annex (ex stables/servants quarters) was a bit dingy and utilitarian (the servants didn't warrant frescoes!) and certainly not worth the money (this hotel is expensive for what it offers). A small final note: breakfast is extra and is no more than average (no fresh orange juice, little fresh fruit, packets of cereal, etc). Also, we did not realise a cooked breakfast was on offer until the last day - so, ask!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sbwlondon
biliana, Direttore at Albergo Pietrasanta, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Client, My grandmother used to tell me "You cannot please everybody, so please stop trying".. But I have never learnt the second part and I strive to please every single client of mine. In your case, knowing that you were not pleased with the peaches, apples, water melon, bananas that our buffet normmaly provides . I brought from my private garden a small and juicy honey melon, cultivated by my husband, and served it only to you. But much to my regret it was not enough. The room your booked for was a superior and I upgraded you in a lovely junior suite deluxe with an extra connecting room, a lovely marble bathroom and a garden view provided by two large windows. But, much to my regret it was enough.
But, I never give up and next time you'll be here I am sure I will know better your tastes and give you the smaller room in the building facing the street, so you will be able to enjoy the frescos you so much admired during your site inspections. Regards, Barbara Pardini GM AND SALES AND MARKETING DIRECTOR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pietrasanta
Hotel Palazzo Guiscardo
Hotel Central Park
Hotel Central Park
#1 of 58 in Marina di Pietrasanta
Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte

Been to Albergo Pietrasanta? Share your experiences!