“Very good indeed!”
Review of Hotel Palagi

Hotel Palagi
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pietrasanta
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Dear all, I've bene in this small Hotel two times. I must say that It is very comfortable, clean and all the staff is really very kind, helpful and polite. Prices are very good and breakfast is excellent! I suggest it to everyone Who likes to spend some days in a peaceful town without spending a lot of money. Congratulations to the owner. I'll come back very soon.

Room Tip: I suggest room number 27 and 28.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Palagi several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed the friendly, helpful and bi-lingual management and staff.
We are always welcomed with a smile, and they cannot do enough to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We stayed for a couple of nights last week and I was really impressed with them helping me to unload everything but the proverbial kitchen sink from my car, late at night, storing some perishable items in the kitchen for the night.
The rooms are clean and well kept. WiFi is available for a couple of Euros, and the location is ideal for strolling the piazze, museums and bars of Pietrasanta, where an eclectic mix of painters, sculptors are part of the scenery, and Italian holiday makers and tourists alike mingle in the cool evening after a day at the beach or (in our case) a hard day's graft at an exhibition.
I would definitely recommend Palagi as a modest, but honest hotel in an very pleasant part of the world.

Room Tip: The 3-stars for sleep quality is not due to any shortcoming from the hotel staff, but is due to our...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Colin D
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is my Third stay at Palagi spanning 4 years. The staff are still friendly, the breakfast still great and it remains convenient to all I need. The rooftop terrace and the garden area are still a nice place to sit and read. However some changes are needed with regard to the rooms. Traveling solo is expensive but I would have liked to have seen an up- dated room for the price. The noise from guests on my second night made for interrupted sleep but this is not the fault of the hotel.Also after 2 weeks of travel it is the only hotel where I had to pay for wifi!! I will however return to this hotel just for the friendliness of all staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at Palagi last week with a large wedding party. The staff was super friendly and helpful, even arranging to clean the bridal room after she and her bridesmaids used it as a dressing room. The customer service is outstanding! One of our other party guests traveled on by train and the staff again printed out train times and best connections....all in English. The breakfast was also a big hit, with made to order eggs, fresh fruit and fantastic coffee. With the hotel's location right near the Piazza, it is very well situated for a visit to Pietrasanta. I would also suggest spending time on the third story terrace with wonderful views of the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Henriette B
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for job, just a couple of nights. Nice hotel, well placed in the city centre near many restaurants and the main plaza. Rooms are little bit noisy and not really clean. the breakfast is good and the staffs is very hospitable and cordial. Price is good so I can suggest this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MatteoBelletti
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I went in October with my Wife and my 80 year old Mother for 3 Nights. Pietrasanta is one of my Mothers favorite places in the world (and she has been all over). Hotel Palagi is an amazing find with the best possible location in Pietrasanta. 1 min walk from the main piazza. It is Simple but fantastic. There is an outdoor terrace nice to have a drink on, as well as a roof deck that is nice to have a drink on as well.
The staff are terrific and friendly and really seem to be happy to work there.
There was really one issue that I do think they should address. Our room did not have a shower head that you could stand under. It only had the kind you could use by hand.
Other than that......... It is cute, simple with friendly staff in a perfect location.
I will certainly return to Pietrasanta and I will certainly stay at Hotel Palagi again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room with a shower you can stand under.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank smblue1
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice- a year apart and came back for the second visit because........The breakfast is amazing!!!!
Self help servings of fresh fruit, cereal,yoghurts & breads and wonderful coffee!!The staff are friendly and offer ideas if asked about things to see in the area.
For a single person ask for the small rooms at the back to get better value. Great view from the rooftop terrace and a wonderful place to sit and read.
It is also very close to the train station which helps if you have lots of luggage or an early train to catch. Yes you can hear train noises but nothing that kept me awake.

Room Tip: If you want a cheaper single room specifically ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pietrasanta
Hotel Palazzo Guiscardo
#5 of 51 in Viareggio
La Sosta degli Artisti B&B
La Sosta degli Artisti B&B
#1 of 34 in Pietrasanta

Been to Hotel Palagi? Share your experiences!