We were booked 5 nights and stayed only 2 and that was because other hotels were booked out. We were not informed this place was 10 mins out of Taormina, that was our travel agent lack of information/knowledge, therefore We could not come and go as we wanted, as you had to book the shuttle to and from the hotel to get to Taormina. We wanted to swim in the ocean and it was only on the last morning we overheard another guest telling other people there was beach access. It was via a tunnel, but this was never told to us.
Our room had a spectacular view, however it was in need of a makeover badly! the tv was around 20cm, sitting on an old and unattracive stand. the wardrobe was ugly, there was no full length mirror, and the room was very plain and unattractive.
The balcony was small and for the 2 of us to site there co,for table we had to put the one sun lounge on its side and leaning against the wall.
This was definitely not the hotel for us and I would not recommend it for anyone who wants easy access to Taormina or to swim in the sea.
Staff did not volunteer any information at reception about services in the hotel, but this is not uncommon in Italy, we have learned to ask lots of questions when checking in.
To get to the reception we had to run the gauntlet of the smokers at the bar. The evening bar has no view, even though there are awesome views to be had, especially at disk when pre dinner drinks are the norm.
Average age of guest seemed to be around 70, not our age group either. Overall, a big disappointment and In all our travels this is the first hotel we have changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms of Baia Taormina have a balcony or a terrace with superb views on the sea and overlooking the incomparable bay from Taormina to Giardini Naxos. Internet Wi-Fi connection is free of charge and guests can reach Taormina in 10 minutes with a private and free shuttle granted by the hotel. Two swimming pools are available for all guests and one of them is filled with natural sea water. The hotel has two restaurants with breathtaking views and offering either traditional Sicilian and international food. It is also possible to book beauty treatments or massages through the Exclusive Spa Centre of the hotel. Other amenities include a bar and pool bar, 24-hour Reception and one meeting room with audiovisual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baia Taormina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel And Spa
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel Santa Teresa Di Riva
- Baia Taormina Italy/Sicily - Province Of Messina