Baia Taormina
$86
  • Breakfast included
Elihotel(Sant' Alessio Siculo)
$68
Hotel Pagano(Sant' Alessio Siculo)
$64
  • Beachfront
Hotel Donna Rosa(Sant' Alessio Siculo)
$63
$61
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Grotta(Sant' Alessio Siculo)(Great Value!)
$43
Hotel Solemar(Sant' Alessio Siculo)(Great Value!)
$59
Hotel Kennedy(Sant' Alessio Siculo)
$74
All reviewsshuttle busgrand palaceprivate beachspaghettisea viewevery nightsalt waterbuffet styleshuttle servicefishlovely hotelantipastibeautiful locationriviera travelthe cliffdinner buffetminute drive
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was given a room different to that I have booked. I was given a junior sweet rather than a family sweet, after calling the reception who denied that they gave the phone to another lady who told me that they will correct that next morning and gave me a 30 euros bonus to spend in the hotel. Surprisingly they gave me a similar room with slightly better view but still not what I paid for and when I discussed with the lady she told that I can leave the hotel if I want !!!!!!
The room service is terrible, they rearrange the bed sheets but never actually changed them for the whole week. They say they have tea and coffee facilities in the room but actually there is no spoon to use, the kettle is not clean and they provide only tea and sometimes sugar as well. There were ants in room. One day the toilette rolls were not supplied.
I do not advise going to the dinner buffet it is expensive and has no varieties, moreover if you don't speak Italian you will struggle with the chefs to order the grilled fish or meat.
To go to our room we had to take 3 lifts.
The last thing is the beach, it is an adventure to go there and if you go to the other beach with the shuttle bus you will not enjoy as they will claim that the front row is reserved so you will be at the back rows however the beach is so bad no sand but pebbles and sharp spiky stones so use a swimming shoe.
The only good thing is the city itself and its sweets and sea food as well as the places to visit especially Isola bella.
Nothing is near by, you have to use the shuttle bus to Taormina and enjoy the characteristic narrow streets and buy the Sicilian sweets (canollies), you have to reserve your place on the bus at least one night ahead.
This hotel needs to improve on 3 main things:1) Honesty with the customers.
2)Behavior of some of the staff, the lady in the office behind the reception.
3)Room service.
I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Be careful you will be given a room cheaper than the one you have booked, the rooms which end with 4 like 2604, 2704, 2804 have poor view of the see. Rooms ending with 5 or 6 have better view.
2  Thank amroshehata
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a good hotel with superb views of the sea, large rooms and a great pool. However there are areas for improvement such as; the choice and price of snacks, lunch and dinner is limited. The shuttles to and from Taormina are always late (5-35 minutes on the 10 trips we took), It also took 3 days to fix a leak in the room ceiling with daily reminders. If you love Italy you will love Taormina.

Room Tip: Ask for the new section on the hotel. The grande palace.
2  Thank Malcolm W W
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We haven't stayed at this hotel as we couldn't find available rooms, but staying at the neighbour Crystal Sea Hotel, we discovered its excellent open air dinner buffet. We asked in reception whether we could enjoy it without being hotel guests. The reaction was very positive and we did it. Excellent atmosphere, reasonable price, magnificient "spaghetteria" where you can ask for several sauce options for your spaghetti al dente (try "al vongole", please !!). Highly recommendable.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The most amazing experience, beautiful property, sweet and helpful staff and all you could possibly want all in one place. I was able to relax on their beautiful beach and visit Taormina everyday with the hotel shuttle which ran every 30 minutes. The property is pristine and my room was magical. The breakfast and dinner buffet had everything you can possibly imagine.

Room Tip: ask for the newer section. the renovations are fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

To be honest, we were a little bit disappointed with the hotel, but I think this was because we had read such superb reviews about it and, therefore, had extremely high expectations of it. We thought it was very nice, but just a bit old fashioned and dated.

We had a nice, large room and equally large en suite. The towels and linen were good quality. Everything was spotlessly clean. We had a good size balcony with sea view. The bed was very comfortable. There was some noise from people dragging the balcony furniture over the tiled floor above.

All the staff were friendly and helpful.

There was an excellent buffet breakfast and the chef made the most delicious omelettes on request. The buffet at dinner was superb, with a colossal selection to choose from.

The hotel is isolated but does operate a courtesy shuttle into Taormina which runs at set times. This has to be pre-booked at reception. If you are having dinner at the hotel, then the earliest you will be able to take the shuttle into town is 9.30 pm. The journey takes a good 15 minutes. The last journey back to the hotel is at 10.45 pm so you only get an hour in town, which was a bit disappointing.

We were also a bit disappointed in Taormina itself. Again, probably because we had extremely high expectations of it. It was by far the most touristy place we visited. I think a number of cruise ships had disgorged thousands of passengers who had all taken a trip to Taormina; perhaps it is much better on days when no cruises visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a balcony above it
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple