See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 15, 2015

A very nice resort just next to the tourist center. The off season rate for a d/room with fan was 700 php and the room was very nice. The room had hot shower and every thing seemed to be very new. The only downside was the lack of electrical outlets. There was a good wifi connection in the restaurant

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AskeLandgren
Reviewed November 8, 2015 via mobile

The Dancalan Beach Resort is a nicely located place, with very cheap prices. We paid 800 pesos for a double room (fan, no airco). The cottages are built from palm wood and woven leaves. It has a bit of a funny smell, probably because the wood and leaves are impregnated to make it resistent to water and moist.

The Butanding Interaction Center is right next door. The owner of Dancalan was very helpful and gave good directions. She also booked a firefly tour for us. The restaurant offers decent food for a good price. The beach in front of the resort is small (black sand), but is nice to be and offers you a fantastic sunset.

The resort is quite far from Donsol "town", but a tricycle can take you there for 20 pesos per person.

I would definitely recommend this place if you visit Donsol for a whale shark tour.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

Very nice family run hotel, however because it was low season they did a discount and no wonder why. I ordered a grilled chicken mayo sandwich with salad, I got 2 little pieces of pork on warm bread. When I asked the lady owner told me it was low season and they didn't stock much, I asked her why didn't she tell me when I ordered it I would of had something else. I didn't eat it and the next day got it taken off my bill. The rooms were ok and the air con was good, no problem with the bathroom apart from the toilet not flushing. The beach was absolutely disgusting however it was brown and covered in rubbish. The sea was the same. The wifi was very slow and only reached the main area. Overall Ok.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2015

It's a few steps away from the local registry for the whale watching expedition - and the rates are very reasonable.

It's a no fuss resort, with just the basics for a good night's sleep. There are no distractions in the rooms - no cable, no tv, no internet - the idea is to make you stay out as much as possible. Tons of activity to do with the beach just a stone's throw away, islands and islets nearby to explore, and of course, the butandings or whale sharks to chase a glimpse of.

There's a small open air restaurant that serve fresh seafood. Small huts dot the property for bonding with family and friends, and eating what you brought with you from the city.

And wherever you turn is a selfie- or groupie-worthy shot so click away! To top it all off, service is friendly and efficient. Oh and there's wifi near the resto - perfect!!

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Leah A
Reviewed May 18, 2015

We stayed here for three nights, two nights in the backpacker rooms (only 500 pesos, shared bathroom) and one night in the 800 pesos room (with private bathroom). Both were great rooms for the price paid. We especially liked the 800 room, which also had a hot shower. Really great value for money. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and the ocean view great. The hotel is located next to the visitor centre, convenient if you want to do the whale shark tour (and who doesn't). You can rent snorkling gear here, which is cheaper then at the visitor centre and you can use it all day long. We had all of our meals here, which were tasty and cheap. Only downside: there is only a WiFi connection for ten devices for the whole hotel, so sometimes you have to wait a while until it's a bit quieter. And they played the same CD of Ed Sheeran all day long on repeat (for three days). They love Ed Sheeran all over the Philippines, we don't anymore ;)

We had a great stay, will definitely stay here again if we ever come back in Donsol.

Room tip: The 800 pesos rooms give best value for money
Date of stay: April 2015