See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2015

Most resorts in Donsol are a little rundown, but this one more than several of the others. Moreover, they are relying on electricity for water. When we arrived, the power was gone and did not return before six o'clock (they don't have any backup) thus we could neither flush, wash our hands or shower. And of course their wifi did not work either. Meanwhile, other resorts we passed and had lunch at all seemed to have power.
When working, the wifi was not better here than on the other resorts we tried. The restaurant served ok food but we found better value near the tourist centre. The location could be both good and bad, between the tourist centre and the village, it's walking distance to both (15-25 min) but instead of handy, you might rather feel alone and in the middle of nowhere, especially after dark.
Overall, I would opt for one of the resorts around the tourist centre where the "action" is and you have a few resorts to choose from for both lodging and dining. Probably you don't even have to book, just take a tricycle to the centre, have a look at some of them and decide.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Dos Orio Beach Resort and we really enjoyed this hotel.
The location is perfect, on the beach, close to the tourist centre for whale shark tour.
The room was very cheap and clean with a very good wi fi connection!
The staff was perfect and lovely! Thank you "Sunshine" for your disponibility and your smile :) The restaurant was just delicious but prices was a little bit expensive.

We definitly recommand this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I think everyone who works here is great - Sunshine was always so polite and cheerful, Jives(?) who lent us her laptop so we could book flights, Nicole(?) on the bar.. and let's not forget the very funny and lovely guy who came to get a Giant Gecko out of the room (and I literally mean a Philippine Giant Gecko - nearly a foot long and spitting at us, never seen anything like it!). He was great. Thanks!
In short I think the team here rank amongst the best of all the places I've stayed at. But the actual offering does need some work.

I appreciate it's good value - cheap even - but...
1) I think the early breakfast should probably be scrapped or changed - the day we had breakfast at 06:30 I was served a chilled fried egg (as in from the fridge) and a chilled burger for breakfast. Others in our group had omelette - also chilled. I'm assuming they were made the night before. On the second day when we had breakfast at 8am it was fine. Lunch when we arrived was also ok. So if you can't provide an early breakfast then just do a continental one.
2) Wifi was very hit and miss but after a week I'm starting to think that's the Philippines in general
3) They should either block the holes in the room and close the windows before people check in, or provide a mosquito net - I got so many mozzie bites every night. Just a cheap net would be great. I know it's cheap accommodation but you can't have your guests being constantly bitten.

So - Staff - 5/5 (and thank you for your kindness & great attitude) but let down by breakfast and the room.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Grant_UK
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Located between the place where everything happens(the whaleshark center) and the city. Very convenient. Good breakfast! Order the omelette! We first had a fan room, were it got to warm, due to poor possibilities to airout without letting bugs in. Traded to aircon wich was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Good location. Basic rooms that could use some upgrading but are typical for this price range in Philippines. I stayed in most basic room without AC and for just a little more, you can get upstairs better room. Very nice people run this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo