All reviews whale shark interaction happy hour nice pool beach resort right next door great resort swimming pool bar and restaurant air conditioning basic resort bed dorm beautiful sunset same owner backpacker room overlooking the beach comfortable stay wet clothes
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Due to weather our flight was delayed into the Philippines and meant we were delayed by 24hrs in getting to donsol. The whole reason for coming to this part of the phillipines was for Whale Shark swimming which we were concerned we were going to miss.

The hotel were so helpful as we were very limited on time due to the above ... we rang them advising them we would be late and had only an hour window to get on a boat to do whale shark swimming. They sorted everything out for us and even cancelled the night that we didn't arrive in time for (didn't expect us to pay).

Hotel was lovely very basic as we expected, we didn't have a mosquito net here so you would need to take one and had a fan in our room. This Was good value for money and the pool area was just what we needed after swimming with whale sharks. Wifi here only works in the reception area.

We are at the resort and couldn't fault the quality or prices of this. This was a pleasant stay just wish we had a little longer here.

Stayed: December 2016
vittonandwoodland, General Manager at Vitton & Woodland Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. And we're glad that we were able to help you with your particular situation.

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

We originally planned to go to Caramoan for our Family Christmas Celebration this year. Unfortunately, Super Typhoon Niña was heading towards its direction on Christmas Day itself making it as one of its direct hit. With this, we've decided to go to Caramoan's opposite side which is Sorsogon. Luckily, after carefully checking TripAdvisor, Vitton & Woodlands Beach Resort still had available rooms in spite of our instantaneous booking.

When we arrived, Ms Annie gave us a warm welcome along with their other staff who were all very accommodating, making it one of the good signs that we'll enjoy our stay at this place.

Here's my rating per aspect...

Resort: You'll instantly notice that it is very well kept. It's literally clean and in order. It has a kid-friendly pool, giving us a worry-free feeling while our son enjoyed his carefree swimming.

Room: We were given a very spacious Quadruple Sharing type of room with 2 Queen Size Beds (for a discounted rate of Php2900) which was perfect for our active boy. Some of the things I want to take note of are: it has a separate sink area which was very convenient for my family; and a sea-view veranda that had living room furnitures. It's not all glamorous, though, but it sure had the basic necessities. It was just too bad that management had to affix wood planks on our windows (of course to protect us from the upcoming storm), we weren't able to gaze the sunset by our windows. On Christmas night, we've experienced the rampage of Super Typhoon Niña first-hand. Howling winds lingered through the night, with torrential rains hitting the wood planks on our window. Remember, our room is facing the sea. But, in spite of this, we felt safe. The structure itself is sturdy to withstand such violent weather.

Food: No wonder it's one Sorsogon's top go-to-restaurants. We enjoyed their food. Especially their Pumpkin soup and Pork Sisig.

Staff: Exceptional customer service. They were all very cordial and good in communicating with guests especially with the tourists. They even gave us free Christmas Eve dinner buffet for us to celebrate the occasion. They constantly made sure we're at home and comfortable all throughout our stay. The morning after the storm, Ms Annie and the other staff checked our welfare, worried about the ordeal that we've underwent.

Overall, our stay was awesome! If given a chance, we'll stay here again. To its management, thank you so much and hope to see you soon again.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
vittonandwoodland, General Manager at Vitton & Woodland Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2016

Thank you for braving the typhoon with us. It was indeed a first time Christmas Eve experience for us and our guests.
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the bad weather. I'm sure Annie and the rest of the staff appreciate your kind words that you have for them.
Again, thank you. And we do hope you come back in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2016

I was staying in Woodland beach resort a few nights in a dormitory room (with three comfortable beds). My stay there was very nice, the staff was amazing, super helpful, knowing a lot about transportation, where to eat, dive, what else to do, and giving you an honest opinion about everything, making a real effort to make you feel happy! I had a problem with my credit card, was not able to withdraw a money from an ATM and end up with no money even for a bus ticket. The girl in reception (Jelyn) lend me some money that I could eat something, go to Legaspi to the ATM and give the money back to her by her husband who drive the minivan in Legaspi... It was so nice of her that she trusted me! You just don't forget those kind of things :)
About the room. Well, it was clean, each bed has a safety shelf, there is a bathroom with hot water (well, the heating system broke in the middle of my stay so I had only cold water), unfortunately no wifi in the room... It's alright, most of the people comes there to dive, not to spend a time in the room... I highly recommend, it's really nice experience!

Room Tip: In front of the beach and not far to the diving centers
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Woodland in June & had a great experience. Sadly, we missed the whale sharks but our stay was pleasant & the staff was extremely accommodating. The rooms could use updating. Crazy sunsets! We went island hopping with the company next door and I highly recommend the activity. Thanks for a relaxing and fun time!

Stayed: June 2016
vittonandwoodland, General Manager at Vitton & Woodland Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Thank you for staying with us. Too bad that the whalesharks have moved on for the season but we're glad that we managed to make your stay in Donsol worth your while. We've actually just finished renovating our Deluxe rooms in Vitton and we're excited to offer it to our guests this upcoming season.

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

I was solo travelling this spring and I stayed at Vitton & woodland resort on my birthday. Without me knowing my boyfriend emailed the straff in advance asking if they could arrange some sort of surprise for me. They did everything in their power to do so and even though it was miles to drive to the nearest bakery, they went and got me a cake. One of the women working there came to me and said she had to talk to me about something important. Thats when the whole staff came and sang birthday song and places the cake in front of me in the Hotel bar. I got so touched i got tears in my eyes. The cake was also a help to get friends to hang out with for the night. I ended up sharing the cake with other solo travellers and had an amazing birthday. The staff was absolutaly amazing and I can't believe they did all this by getting an email coming from the other side og the world. I want to thank them for making it an unexpected great birthday!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
vittonandwoodland, General Manager at Vitton & Woodland Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

It was our pleasure to help your boyfriend make your birthday here in Donsol a memorable one. And thank you for your kind review.