“It only gets better with age!”

Gilcrest Cottages and Motel
Reviewed August 5, 2013

After NOT visiting for 20 years, I was happily surprised to be back on this amazing property. I hadn't stayed there since the 90's and couldn't believe the peace and tranquility, the condition and modernization, wonderful owners and great value! They have units of many sizes and sleeping arrangements. All, with a family friendly price tag. A wonderful pool was the icing on the cake.
If you are looking for peaceful retreat or a convenient location in the beautiful mountains of N.H. - you won't be sorry. I plan on coming back again and again. Thanks Gilcrest!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heymandave

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We've been coming back to the Gilcrest for many years now and always have a fantastic week here. We stay in Cottage 5 (Haystack) every year and enjoy both the indoors and outdoors of the cabin- placing our chairs under the large maple is just so relaxing. Julie and Gary go out of their way to be sure that all have a relaxing stay. My husband calls this his "mountain home" and greets Julie & Gary with "Hi, honey, I'm home!" I used to come here as a young teen with my family. Many things are the same, but the hominess hasn't changed. We've already book for next year and can't wait!!!

Room Tip: Cabins 4-9 and the motel units are further from the road and have less road noise. Check the website...
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at the Gilcrest Cottages and Motel. A great discovery ! The unit was very clean and comfortable, the pool was a great extra. The owners are very friendly and helped us find a place to breakfast. BBQ's was available to cook our own food. The place was very quiet. I strongly recommend the cottages ! We we're in Major Cottage.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went there for the Nascar Race weekend. This is our 4th or 5th stay at Gilcrest Cottages and it will definitely not be our last! It never disappoints us. Extremely clean and comfortable cottages. We stayed in Cottage #1 Major this time. I love these cottages. As I told Julie, I feel like I'm visiting a friends country cottage. Gary and Julie are amazing hosts and are very helpful with whatever questions about restaurants or things to do. It's right off Hwy 93 and is very convenient to restaurants. I hightly recommend Gilcrest to anyone!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my third or fourth stay at Gilcrest. The cottages are quite simple and nice having recently been redone. The owners are friendly and respect everyone's privacy. Anything you might need from towels to coffee is just a short walk away.

It's conveniently located to 93 which means day trips out to hiking or sightseeing are just a quick jaunt.

Prices are very affordable and reservations are made easily by phone or website.

Bring your own toiletries and no AC, but I recently slept with the windows open in July while the night time air was in the 50s.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went here w/ a friend for her Daughter's 17th birthday. There were 5 of us.. It was such a great time. We stayed in the 2 bedroom cottage w/ fire places in the living room and the bedroom. IT was such a fun time. The place has every thing you need. SO relaxing. I would love to go back any time, any season!! Thanks for a great trip!!! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We just returned from another great weekend at the Gilcrest Cottages. Julie and Gary were their usual warm and friendly selves. We brought two other couples with us this time and they were thrilled with the accommodations. The cottages are so clean. It is a home away from home. Thank you from your friends in RI. Can't wait to see you in August.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the cottages and the motel. All are perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Pine Valley Cabins
InnSeason Resorts Pollard Brook
The Kancamagus Lodge
The Kancamagus Lodge
#8 of 20 in Lincoln

Been to Gilcrest Cottages and Motel? Share your experiences!