“Surprisingly Good Eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tony's Italian Grille & Pub - CLOSED

Tony's Italian Grille & Pub
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Surprisingly Good Eats”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was in Woodstock NH Saturday evening and all the local places had long waiting lines. Somebody suggested Tony's down Rt 3 in Thornton. So off we went. Restaurant was full so we ate at a high top table in the bar. Surprisingly I had some of the best Italian food in any restaurant in the area. Now I grant you the White Mtns are not the North End in Boston or Little Italy in NYC but this food was good. I had a nightly special cioppino over ravioli, at first it sounded weird but it turned out swell. Seafood, shrimp, mussels, clams, calamari was cooked well and tender, the sauce was a lite tomato with a little zing and the over sized raviolis made it a complete filling meal. My friend had another special: pork parmigiana and was equally pleased. This place is worth a trip.

• Visited March 2013

New Hampshire
“Average at best, nuff said”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Thornton New Hampshire is a very small town with just a few choices of places to dine. We tried Tony's and let's just say it was average but given the lack of choices some people probably love it. The evening we went they had a date night special which was really a bargain, it was a bottle of wine, 2 salads, 2 entrees and coffee or tea for $40.There was only one waitress working on a Thursday evening and she was the bartender too. The bar was busier than the main restaurant but I felt neglected most of the time. She was very slow getting our bottle of wine and she made a mistake with our meals so my husband got his and I waited about 10 minutes for mine to come out. Lucky for her there were only 2 tables of 2 in the dining room. I had mussells fra diavolo with extra garlic and extra spice and it was much better than my husbands chicken parm. His pasta was very bland and his chicken was very thick, it really needed to be pounded and flattened out. The salads were crisp and cold but very basic. The waitress brought us our coffee and tea and never offered any type of dessert option. I don't think I will return to Tony's but as I said before there aren't many options in Thornton.

• Visited January 2013
Woodstock, New Hampshire
“What's happend!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Tony;s has been one of the best in the area.......something has happended, waitstaff--no personality, food okayIF they even have what's on the menu----drinks well-- we saw 3 liquor orders not available as the 'bottes' were empty. They were reluctant to take our Rest. coupon, as there were problems, hmmmm we pushed and they complied.

Things have somehow changed so, I wouldn't really count on the Tonys it was in the past year.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank PemiNH
Boston, Massachusetts
“excellent dinner”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I ate here Sunday night with my folks, husband and our 5 year old. We often drive by to see a full parking lot so decided to take a chance. The hostess said that often when the lot is full, either the bar is full or restaurant, but very rarely both. We got the big table at the back of the place which was in our own private room, which was great with a little one. It was very quiet the night we were there. You can order off both the pub and restaurant menu, which was perfect for both the younger and older crowd.

The house salad was outstanding with balsamic marinated onions, roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella. Their fresh baked bread was out of this world with a dipping sauce that had me ask for the recipe. My chicken parm was moist and crispy. My dad loved his lamb and mom said that the eggplant was not fried so they really had to put thought into the creation of that dish - delish! My daughter's chicken fingers were made from a real chicken breast, sliced and breaded in the kitchen, rather than frozen and fried.

Our only complaint was that my husband was a bit disappointed in the pizza - too doughy for his taste. There was also a very limited dessert menu, not that we had room for it.

We will definitely try this place again.

• Visited November 2012
Sanbornton, New Hampshire
“Nice night out for a group of 8”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We found the menu, service and atmosphere to be very nice. With orders ranging from hamburgers to veal scallopini it was clear that Tony's covers all appetites. We were seated in a cozy room that gave us the privacy and service of a much more expensive restaurant. Would stay away from the meatballs but other items more than made up for this one weak area

• Visited November 2012