“Overall, we had a positive experience...”
Review of Tony's Italian Grille & Pub - CLOSED

Tony's Italian Grille & Pub
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were driving to the Woodstock/Lincoln area and my husband suggested a restaurant where he and fellow skiers had an apres ski event this past winter. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was a Sunday afternoon. We sat in the dining room which had an interesting decor. I decided on a duck sandwich and the soup of the day; my husband decided on seared sea scallops on a Caesar salad. Unfortunately, they were out of duck so I ordered the soup of the day: butternut squash and apple cider bisque. It took the waitress quite a while to return to take my main item order. The bisque was delicious; my husband enjoyed the scallops and my sandwich, chicken with fig jam and Gorgonzola cheese, was quite good. Overall, we had a positive experience and look forward to returning the next time we are in NH for a long weekend. I would recommend this restaurant which is only about 5 miles from the Lincoln area and 6 miles from Campton.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Tony's House Salad is really unique with their marinated cipolline onions. We really enjoyed the Chicken Parm., nice fresh sauce with fresh Mozzarella. Cozy dining room.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We had driven by this place a few times while traveling in the area. Today we decided to stop and try their lunches.

The menu was varied. Entrees looked real good, but we just want a quick sandwich for lunch. Sandwiches were served quickly and was made with fresh bread. Beer selection is modest, but has something for almost everyone.

We plan on returning for dinner soon. Will update review.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place might not look like much from the road, but walking inside the place felt quite upscale. We sat on the deck as it was a beautiful, warm day, but the inside dining area looked lovely. We were greeted warmly and quickly and enjoyed a couple of cocktails and a Tony's salad - delicious! The menu is incredibly varied with something for everyone on it, and we were regretful that we had planned to make dinner at home so couldn't eat our meal at Tony's. We will be back soon for a full meal. As a bonus, the owner Tony came outside and chatted with us on his evening off. What an adorable guy who clearly works hard and is very proud of his place (as he should be). The bartender who also waited on us was equally impressive. Right on, Tony's! Excellent food, value, and service all around. Tony caters, as well, f.y.i.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

my wife and I were in the area for a blues festival two weeks ago. We picked this place for our anniversary dinner. It's hard for me to say anything positive about this restaurant. We arrived on a Sunday evening about 7:00 p.m.. We had heard another waitress describe specials,but had to prompt our waitress to mention them(one was a shrimp and corn chowder,but more about that later) My wife ordered the chicken parmigiano,described as pan seared and served with pasta in a slow simmered san marzano tomato sauce. I attempted to order a veal and shrimp dish and was told they were out of all veal dishes. At my request the waitress brought back the menu so I could make another selection. When she finally came back, she informed me that my order of lamb bolognese was also out. So chicken parm for two it was.Meantime our neighbors at the adjacent table had ordered off the pub menu. The ladies had ordered the shrimp and corn chowder.After waiting about a half hour, the waitress informed them they were out of the chowder! The tossed salad was the highlight of the evening with decent greens,good dressing and tasty marinated cipollini (little onions).The waitress screwed that up, too, as we had only ordered one side salad. She served us two and charged us $3.95 for each. We had opted not to order the dinner salad at $6.95 as she told us it was quite large and my wife only wanted a few bites. We assumed the extra salad was their way of making amends for the lack of menu items. My fault, I should have asked. On to the (ughh!) chicken parm...A large boneless chicken breast with a tasteless piece of mozzarella melted on top. The chicken was very bland and unseasoned. Both of our plates of pasta were way overdone,limp,and tasteless. I sent my plate back so that the large pool of tomato water could be drained off (the dinner was served in a shallow bowl,they obviously didn't take any time to drain the pasta). When it came back the "slow simmered san marzano tomato sauce" tasted like crushed tomatoes straight from the can, neither seasoned nor simmered,extremely acidic and unpleasant tasting. When the waitress came to claim our plates, she asked how we liked everything. I told her it was not good. She apologized, and asked if we wanted to order dessert. I said no and asked for the check. Meantime our neighbors were still waiting for their meal. This on a moderate night for business! No one from management was ever seen, nor did anyone other than the waitress do anything more than make perfunctory apology.All in all, a memorable anniversary for all the wrong reasons. Bad food, bad service,bad experience!

4  Thank tony r