The Shamrock Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Thornton
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Valley Inn(Waterville Valley)
Inn 32(Woodstock)
View Hotel
Black Bear Lodge(Waterville Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewsrabbitarea attractionsplace to stayget awaybyrondonnagoatscottage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place is just awesome. We go away for weekends all the time, all over New England. It is always the same thing.. The Shamrock Motel and cottages offers a pleasant, quiet stay with very friendly people and owners. Couldn't ask for nicer people in Byron and Donna, they made my pregnant wife and I have a great memorial day weekend. We stayed in motel room 7, which has outstanding views of mountains from the bed, and sitting out front. Plenty or room to park car without anyone bothering it. Out back and to the side of the motel is woods, nice and quiet. Nice little continental breakfast from 730 to 10 in the office, and a nice little gift shop. Also a fire pit for guests, a in ground pool, a couple of goats for the kids. It is a nice, clean little treasure tucked away about 15 minutes from downtown Lincoln, which is located near the highway, about 2 miles away, but on quiet, wooded route 3. Great place to take the family or your wife or girlfriend for a nice weekend away. Don't hesitate with this place. Motel 5,6,7,8 offer fantastic mountain views and a large field before it leading up to the forest. ASnd the prices were excellent, 100% recommend for sure, wake up to the view of mountains and quiet woods.

Room Tip: motel room 7 was excellent, 2 big beds with cable tv, refridgerator and microwave, awsome views from the beds and out front where 2 chairs await you. But 5 6 7 or 8 are great too, but the whole place is great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Another great trip and another great stay!! My husband, the kids(aka the dogs) and I just spent another pleasant week at the Shamrock Motel. For those not familiar with it-my advise,get to know it!! Our last 2 stays have been in Cabin 4,which has more than enough room for all of us. You couldn't ask for nicer,more attentive owners. We will all be climbing into the car next year and heading north!!! Just an FYI-its only a 10-12 min. drive to Lincoln and Woodstock. Close enough to everything but far enough away from things as well-(aka nice and quiet)

Room Tip: There is a swimming pool-we just haven't used it-we're always up in October. It is a very nice looking pool.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rnichols56
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I arrived late on an Indian Summer Friday night and called on the way to let them know we were running later than we thought. The owner said he'd leave the light on and the key in the door for us and we could "square up tomorrow". The room was clean and quiet and cute. We couldn't have been happier. And the next day upon checkout, we even got a continental breakfast that was quite unexpected and very good. And we even got our AAA discount! These are good New Hampshire people running a great place for to stay. And I didn't even mention the goats and man eating chicken!!! LOL We would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelgods
Reviewed July 19, 2011

When we travel up north, we spend more time outdoors than in, so all we need is a clean room and warm shower. If you're like us, you'll love the Shamrock Motel, too. Not only is the Shamrock Motel's staff is extremely friendly and helpful, but the property offers more than you'd expect! The kitchenette in our cottage was a nice touch that helped us save even more money that we could spend on the important vacation stuff - having fun and exploring more! We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: If it's important to you, ask about rooms with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BeardedDrag0n
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The hotel proprietors are courteous, friendly, and are knowledgeable about the area. They recommended many of the areas fun attractions to keep me entertained while up here. The rooms are clean, spacious, and affordable for the weekend getaway that I desired. When it comes to location, it cannot be beat. I could sit on my front porch and look out and see gorgeous mountain landscape. The pool was clean and refreshing without a strong chemical smell at all. The game room was a fun little extra and their goats added even more character. The motel was far enough away that I could enjoy the country setting but close enough to many of the attractions and other local businesses.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple