Tripadvisor
Kalaw
Review Highlights
Amazing one night two days trip with yumon

we had a fantastic time on our trek with yumon. She's an open-minded person with whom you can talk... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2019
GreatWaffles
Most beautiful trekking ever

We did a 2 day trekking and it was really amazing. Walking through the beautiful everchanging... read more

Reviewed August 25, 2019
carien89
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
via mobile

All reviews her sister lovely young couple day trek inle lake an amazing experience starting point different routes overnight stay two days cultural experience family house took great care a lot of fun rainy season rice fields private tour great guide
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2018

Me and my boyfriend did the 2 day trekking. What an amazing experience. Phyo his English is good. And he explains a lot.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing experience with Phyo on our 3 day trek. So easy to arrange everything and such a great country and people to visit.

Can recommend to everyone.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018

Yumon was very responsive to my emails. I managed to arrange the day trek with her with just a few emails. They do provide trekking for small group, which we felt it was personalized for us.

My friends and I enjoyed the trekking with them very much. They were very informative and sincere. We had asked a lot of questions about the local people in Kawal and their culture, which we were fascinated about.

The lunch was superb with lots of fruits from the village that we had our lunch.

There were 3 dogs from the village that we had our lunch. These 3 dogs were accompanying us from the village until we reached Kalaw. They were a bit naughty.. disturbing some buffalo and other animals along the way and they even fight among themselves also, which we had no idea what they were doing.. lol!

Times files with the beautiful scenery of Kalaw and the great conversation with Phyo and Yumon.

We would definitely recommand Yumon & Phyo's Trekking to anyone who would like to do day trek or multi days trek.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Jinchin
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to book our hike with Yumon and Phyo as our guides and I'm so happy that we did!! They're great conversationalists, talking about Myanmar's history, food and culture. On the treck we hiked through working farms, ate lunch at an authentic bamboo home, and slept in a little village after Yumon's father cooked our dinner and gave us a little cooking class as he did. It was incredible and the trails that they bring you on are beautiful, unlike the larger group trecks that mostly stick to the roads. We went to a private farm that looked like a little oasis and had a waterfall that we swam in. We enjoyed every part of the hike and will not regret booking with Yumon and Phyo!!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank lschoof92
Reviewed February 27, 2018

My mom and I had such a great experience trekking with Yu Mon and her sister. Right from the beginning Yu Mon was professional and informative; when I requested a trek around Kalaw (rather than Kalaw to Inle) she let me know it wasn’t the best time of year for that trek and recommended the other. I’m glad we listened to her recommendation, because the route was lovely!

The trek was very well organized and Yu Mon and her sister made sure to go at a pace that my mom (and her not so great knees!) could handle, allowing us plenty of time for breaks and to take photos. The food was delicious, with many vegetarian options, and the only problem was that it was too plentiful for us to eat it all!

I also really enjoyed our conversations while walking. Yu Mon is one smart lady, with a wealth of information about the history and culture of Myanmar. I would highly recommend Yu Mon and Phyo to anyone looking for a fun trek with helpful, informative and just all-round fantastic guides!

Date of experience: February 2018