“No Customer service”

RCNT Chalets
Ottawa, Canada
“No Customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had started off with a good time with several couples and we felt the weekend went well until checkout. This is where it went sour fast. They said a small hole was made in the ditch that was our fault and charged the damage deposit shortly after. There was a terrible storm that weekend with trees down and we had to go around - this is not our fault. We actually helped other chalets with fallen trees on their cars and driveways - it was bad. We mentioned to them that the hot tub had ruined & faded everyones bathing suits and there was something wrong with the chemicals. They called us liars and said we must have put chemicals into the tub. I dont know anyone who brings their own chemicals to ruin their own bathingsuits to a chalet. I dont appreciate the tone and being called a liar when leaving a weekend stay that we paid good money for. I am so upset at how they have treated us and would NEVER reccomend a visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LizG2012
AnickBeaulieu, Gérant at RCNT Chalets, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I would first like to thank you for choosing Côté Nord Tremblant for celebrating your friends Bday.

Let me tell you how this went:

1. We got a call from one of our owners, a direct neighbor of the chalet, to tell us that some of our renters managed to ruin his land by trying to go up with their SUV on a hill next to his house causing damage to HIS property. The owner had seen the jeep that did the damage and saw where they ended up parking. We have been in business for many years and have never encoutered that kind of behavior before. I wish we could post pictures to demonstrate the damage that has been done.
2. We called a landscapping company to evaluate the damage that had been caused.
3. We were told at the front desk that bathing suits had changed colors. When our maintenance team went to evaluate the chalet after the client's stay they discovered that foaming bath was put in the tub.
4. When the hotel owner/president called the client to tell him what had happened we settled for 200$ to have peace of mind. We just wanted to get it over with, move on and not argue for a situation that was very suprising for us.
5. I get these 3 comments for the same stay stating a situation very differently than what had happened.

We value our customers very much and this kind of situation is very unfortunate. I am not one to take complaints lighlty but all must be in good fate and state facts correctly.

I recommand that the writter of this comment liaise with his or her friend(the one that made the reservation) and get all the information concerning the situation that went by this week-end.

Anick

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Let me start by saying the chalet we stayed in was very nice, we had an incredible time. The beach was great too. Outside the chalet there was a very nice hottub which we used the first day we got there. It smelled a little weird but was hot and comfortable. Once we got out, everyone was very itchy and the next day when we went to get our bathing suits they were all faded and in some cases were frayed like a chemical had burned them. We told management but nothing was done. When we left we received a message from management that we were going to be charged $500 for some damages that were done on one of the public roads near our chalet. We had no idea what they were talking about. We also then brought up the point about the bathing suites as well. They said we must have added some chemicals to the hottub to make our bathing suites go that way. They also said that one of our vehicles had caused some damage to the roadway. We have no idea what they are talking about and after days of calling and arguing they are now saying that more charges may be coming. We asked for any sort of proof or even an explanation to what happened, they refuse and just say "there are witnesses" - witnesses to what? we still have no clue.

Honestly I think that whatever happened (and we still have no idea) just got blamed on us because we are english and younger (early 30's) and happened to be in the area.

So bottom line, we will never be coming back to this place. Management is out to lunch. and we had to pay $500 in damages for something we dont know anything about, nor does it have to do with our chalet we rented in any way.

I would think twice before staying here, we got to Tremblant all the time and the Blueberry Chalets are nicer, better price, and the management is great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Let me tell you how this went:

Anick
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at the Cote Nord Tremblant about two weeks after the condo section was opened. We were two couples who stayed for one night. Its a shame thats all the time we had because we could have stayed all week. The beach was gorgeous with great amenities (kayaks, tennis court, beach volleyball). The condo itself was modern with a nice kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. My only complaint would have to be the dust in the condo! I don't know if none else had stayed there but it was in need of a cleaning. Otherwise great weekend and we are already planning a whole week getaway there next summer.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We attended a post wedding party 2 weeks after cote nord opened. Some of us rented the chalets and some stayed at the condo part. I was very impressed by the facilities, especially the chalets. They give you the rustic feeling of being in a cottage, but still provide all the morden comfort. If you are going there, I recommend a 2-3 day stay. We only stayed for one day and wish we had more time to spend there.

• Stayed July 2012
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were two couples who rented a three-room cottage at Cote Nord for a weekend last year.

When we arrived the first he location of Cote Nord is wonderful, except that we were told that since they were booked, we would get rather a condo (adjacent with another one) not in Cote Nord, but rather at Fraternité-sur-le-Lac, a nearby residential development which offer chalet rentals.

The condo itself was very nice, with contemporary furniture, sober but stylish decor, a modern and efficient kitchen and large bedrooms, with comfortable mattresses, and a large deck and BBQ - too bad we weren't able to use it. (To be fair, we had terrible weather that weekend, with cold, pouring rain over the whole two days).

Our disappointment increased when we were told by staff that the outdoor pool (nicely presented on their website) was not yet available, even if we were well into the hot season. As for the beach, it was rather small and not very welcoming. So we were limited to walk the trails.

Luckily, the people renting the adjacent condo were quiet, had we had party revelers, we would have suffered dearly.

All in all, a very nice location, but a rather disappointing offering of activities, so for the price I would recommend other resorts.

So, in a nutshell, be sure of getting what you asked for, and of having activities planned outside the resort, unless you're fine spending all your time on location. Also beware, Mont-Tremblant centre is more than ten minutes away, I would in all frankness say around 20 each way.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
AnickBeaulieu, Gérant at RCNT Chalets, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Philippe C,

First of all thank you for choosing Côté Nord Tremblant for your week-end getaway and thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We are taking your comments very seriously. On that matter I wanted to share some information with you.

The week-end you came was our first week-end of operation for the suites and the Club de la Pointe a brand new developement. I agree with you that some items were not 100% completed even though we did our best to get everything done on time.

Since then I can assure you that the whole decor has improved and so did the activities offered to our clients.

The pool is now completed and looking beautiful. The two tennis courts are ready to be played on, the beach volley-ball court is ready, we installed 2 decks for tanning and lake access as well as one that is floating in the middle of the water, the petancle courts are ready and so are the fire pits.

As for the other activities, we have access to great hiking trails less than 5 minutes away and are close to the National Park with many outdoor possibilities. Tremblant resort is about 15 minutes from Côté Nord Tremblant.

That being said a lot of our guest choose our setting to relax and enjoy the nature.

I would like to be able to contact you personnaly to see how we could get you back to our resort so you can enjoy it 100%!

Looking forward to making it up to you and showing you the best we have tooffer!

Best regards,

Anick B
Quebec city, Quebec
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

First let me say that I'm not the kind of reviewer who whines about everything, just take a look army other reviews, I usually pick very carefully and I end up satisfied but not this time

I booked one of their new contemporary suites for a night through their own website, got my confirmation and everything it it the next day a lady called to tell me that in fact it wasn't available anymore (and that point they hadnt corrected their website so I was still ale to book yet another suite!!)

They decided to "upgrade" me into a 3 bedroom chalet that I was told would be near the water (it wasn't the case at all!)

Oh god... It's not on par with what I expected. There are spider webs in the chalet, not tv in the living room (only an old and small tv downstairs) no A/C (how can that be possible in 2012? Even motels have A/C these days!) the floors were noisy and cracking every time you put your feet on them...

Te toilets tubs and showers were dirty because of the harsh water but one toilet was plain discusting...

Also I don't understand how they designed this chalet the main bedroom upstairs has a relatively nice ensuite bath but they put a cheap bath/shower combo instead of the nice large shower they have downstairs for the kids...

Also it's important to point out that it's pretty far from the actual action in Tremblant...

I would not recommend this place Unless you like cheap rustic chalets in the middle of nowhere...

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Renesis
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I did not know what I was in for when the decision was made to stay at Cote Nord - I was traveling on Spring Break with 7 other people and someone else had made all the arrangements. We were just told that these were supposed to be very nice and perfect for groups.

I was amazed when we first arrived. The place was beautiful and peaceful. We stayed in Chalet 47 (I believe) which is a bit of a ways down the road, but it was perfect because it was so private. We loved the wood fireplace and the hot tub - both got used almost every day after the slopes.

We were very comfortable in the Chalet - definitely one of the more comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Having laundry in the Chalet was very convenient, as was the wireless internet.

It was a short 10 minute drive to Versant Nord and about 15-20 min to Versant Sud. I had been to Tremblant before and stayed in a Ski In/Ski Out facility on Versant Sud, so I was a little concerned about having to drive, but once we learned our way around the area, there was absolutely no problems getting to and from the slopes. It was worth the drive to have a beautiful and comfortable Chalet to stay in.

When I come back to Tremblant with a large group in the future, I will be staying at Cote Nord. It was simply so perfect for our large group.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lac-Superieur
Fairmont Tremblant
Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant
Tremblant Mountain Chalets
Tremblant Mountain Chalets
#3 of 4 in Lac-Superieur

Been to RCNT Chalets? Share your experiences!