“Good food in nice surroundings”
Review of Emma's

Emma's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lovely food, would recommend the fish feast, and very friendly staff who fitted us in at short notice. Being able to take drinks over from the Church House Inn opposite is a real bonus.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My fiancée and I were vacationing in Harbertonford [about five miles away], and late on our last evening, we decided to treat ourselves. I called the establishment and asked their hours. The woman I spoke to on the phone was friendly and informative, she said they last seat at 9. We caught a taxi, and arrived by 20:30. We did not have a reservation, but there were only a few other couples there, so we were seated.
We ordered the scallops and crab starter, as well as the venison and pinot noir entrée, and the duck pudding. Everything was beautiful, and so filling! Scallops are my favorite and they were wrapped in prosciutto and served with a small salad. I tasted my fiancée's crab, and it was divine! The venison was so moist, and the pinot sauce was so amazingly good! My fiancée loved his duck pudding!
Our waitress was very nice. The inside is beautiful, and the outside is so quaintly decorated. It was very welcoming, and really romantic. Each table had a candle and flowers, the lights were dimmed [not reducing any of the view, though], and outside, twinkling lights flickered in the night. We were the last to leave, and we waited outside for the cab. A gentleman, whom I was assume was the owner or cook, invited us to come wait inside [it was sprinkling] for the taxi. Overall, it was a beautiful experience. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely be back to visit!

1  Thank Maschalismos
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Do you only accept 'good reviews' I made the effort to leave a review and it has been removed. It was a true review of my experience at this restaurant. But it was removed and despite responding to Trip Advisor regarding the removal I have not had the courtesy of a reply!

10  Thank Maggie S
Reviewed March 6, 2014

An outstanding culinary experience enjoyed with friends and family at Emma's restaurant. Every course was delicious and the presentation of each and every dish pleasing to both the eye and stomach! The staff, both front of house and behind the scenes where attentive and obviously enjoying the end of the festive season, which led to both a relaxed and enjoyable evening. I can't recommend highly enough dining at Emma's restaurant at your first given opportunity.

2  Thank Quiller B
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Eight of us had lunch (again) at Emma's comfortable Restaurant. Once more the food was delicious, the service impeccable - in fact nothing was too much trouble and we all enjoyed an excellent meal at a very reasonable cost. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Roger W