“Scallops to die for!”

Emma's
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We chose Emma's after reading the reviews and were not disappointed! The scallops (I had as a starter and my wife had as a main course) were the sweetest that we have ever tasted. The proscuito ham that they were wrapped in added to the flavour. My wife was disappointed by the fact that the squid in pepper and salt appeared to be wrapped in thick batter, but it was in fact crispy, crunchy in texture and the squid itself tasted of squid rather than being bland, as is often the case. I had the turkey and veg pie that was absolutely packed with succulent turkey (I have to say that I didn't notice the veg!) We would have loved to try the desserts, but we didn't have the room!! We plan to return the next time we are in Devon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took Mum to Emma's to celebrate her special birthday after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor - couldn't have been more delighted with both the food and the service - Mum hasn't stop talking about it! Will definitely go again next time we're in Devon.

2  Thank Julian C
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Whether it's a special occasion or an impromptu brunch, this is the place to do it! Breakfasts are excellent, lunches are fantastic, and evening meals are awesome! Sunday lunch with 8 veg....don't mind if I do, and everything is cooked to perfection. Local produce certainly makes a difference. And you can keep the costs down by taking your own booze with no corkage charge! I would seriously recommend Emma's if you enjoy eating good food at good honest prices. The staff are all so friendly, and the atmosphere is perfect. Not to be missed if in the area

2  Thank Mandyblackburn64
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a 21st birthday party here (16 in our group aged 8-70) service we received was 1st class and the food was excellent especially the fish I will certainly be returning again

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Have just returned home and felt i had to write a review, amazing lunch , left me feeling full and satisfied ....the soup was divine as always , Julie who served us was lovely and chatty ........will definatley go back again and again .

1  Thank kirstin j