“Wonderful Wedding Reception at Wickwoods”

Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albourne
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have just attended a family wedding reception at Wickwoods and it was superb. The tables looked great and the wedding breakfast was excellent. The food was delicious and the service was extremely efficient. The staff were very helpful. The room was quickly prepared for the evenings entertainment and everyone had a fabulous time dancing to the Disco! There was an evening Buffet which was again excellent. The room itself was spacious and the dancefloor is a good size. The only adverse comment I would make, and this is a minor detail, the flashing lights from the Disco were a little offputting!! Much too bright!!

We all had a great day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time provide a review. It was a privileged to have been chosen as the preferred venue for your wedding and all the team here are delighted you were pleased with the service we provided. We are sorry that you found the disco lights a touch on the bright side and had we realised this we would have ensured these were turned down or off. Thank you once again and we hope to see you both at Wickwoods in the future. Lee Goossens

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The team at Wickwooks arranged a week long tennis break for me in June 2013. As a lone traveller there is always that concern about what you might find but I had a fantastic time. All the team at the hotel and tennis club made me feel so welcome and comfortable. I was actually sad to leave.The hotel was set in beautuful grounds and the surrounding countyside views were breathtaking. I would highly recommend it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for having taken the time to share your views on your recent experience.

I am delighted you had such a lovely time I know the team here will be as equally please.

We look forward to your next visit in the not to distant future.

Lee Goossens

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been a member of Wickwoods for 2 years now and I still regard each and every visit like a mini holiday.

The location of this club is perfect, peaceful and picturesque. The gardens and layout make this tennis venue a one off and the opportunity to relax in the amazing spa and pool facilities is the icing on the cake.

The gym has all the equipment needed for a all round work out and the staff are always on hand to help which is great.

The restaurant serves lovely food all day at very competitive prices, you can't beat eating your lunch on the patio overlooking the courts, in the sun, surrounded by the ponds, trees and flowers.

If my family lived nearer, they would all join as they enjoy their visits just as much as I do.

If you are thinking of staying here, just do it...you will want to return for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for having taking the time to write a review with regard to your experience at Wickwoods.

We are delighted you enjoy the club as much as you do should that ever change or we happen to not quite meet your expectations at any time please do let me know.

Lee Goossens.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Attended a wedding in July and had the pleasure of staying overnight. Room was clean and comfortable - staff were fantastic and worked hard throughout the whole day/evening. Loads of parking (free) and gardens which were amaculate!!

Only minor down side was the £10 per head charge to go swimming... Never known a hotel to charge guests etc to use facilities so I politely declined yet this shouldn't distract from a great hotel!

DT

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan T
WickwoodsCountryClub, Director of Sales at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the wedding ,our grounds, accomodation and parking when you attended in July.
I'm sorry that you found the charge for facilities a down side. Just to offer an explanation, Wickwoods is predominately a private member's club and the facilities are a member's facility and are not costed into our room prices to keep the price of an overnight stay competitive. Most of our residents do not require the facilities however we do offer the upgrade of a day pass should these be required. I hope that explains this charge and hope that we may welcome you back to Wickwoods again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I held are wedding reception at Wickwoods on the 18th May 2013.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted by staff awaiting us with champagne.
We then explored the grounds having our photos taken before our sit down meal which arrived promptly and as timed.
All our guest commented on how devine the food taste and was the best they have tasted. We have to agree! Menu 2 is well worth the money.
The evening continued the same as the day on schedule and staff worked really hard.
We didn't use the complimentary gym pass as the beds were so comfortable and the view was perfect to sit out on the balcony and watch the other members tire themselves out as we relaxed.
If I could do it all again, we would not change a thing.
Thank you Wickwoods and all your hardworking team.
From mr and mrs Coleman.

• Stayed: May 2013
WickwoodsCountryClub, Director of Sales at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs Coleman

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted that we met your expectations and that you would not change a thing about your reception.We strive to deliver the best that we can for such a special occasion and thank you for putting your trust in us to deliver your wedding reception.
If we can ever be of further assistance please contact us at anytime.
Wishing you both a wonderful marriage full of happiness.
Best wishes from
All the team at Wickwoods.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was gifted a nights stay here and it was lovely. Very big and comfy bed! Highly recommended for a weekend away with a partner.

The food in the restaurant was a bit standard-pub-food ish but still nice and the staff helpful.

Room Tip: Go for room #7 if you get the choice. It's HUGE
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review on your experience we are delighted you enjoyed you stay.

It sounds as though we let you down on food presentation and I will raise this with our head chef who I know will be disappointed this was not up to our normal standard.

As a thank you for having provided a review and to see if we can make a better impression on you with the food we would like to offer you a complimentary dinner for two during your next stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here on business in June. Easy to find and in a lovely setting. Although very little reception for mobile phone. Room was quite small but nicely decorated and clean. Tiny bathroom with an exceptionally noisy toilet. It used a saniflo system which was not the best to be honest. The room did overlook the tennis courts and gardens which was nice and very quiet on the evening. Parking was free and there was plenty of it. Spa facilities were excellent. I had a couple of beauty treatments which were rather expensive for the level/quality, however I feel this is probably due to the fact that the girl was not the most experienced. She was very friendly though and completely professional. I had an evening meal which was delicious. Breakfast was too slow really and the service could've been improved. I think overall the emphasis at Wickwoods is on the leisure facilities rather than the hotel experience.

Room Tip: There are only 7 rooms and I think most are of equal size. However the website doesn't give much...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SunniHull
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for providing such a balanced and informative review. Overall it sounds as though we failed to meet the high standards we seek to achieve during your stay. Room 2 is our smallest room and I, am sorry one of the larger and better appointed rooms was not available at the time, it also sounds as though our junior therapist carried out your treatments. Overall it seems you were provided with a minimal level of service particularly given the slow breakfast. In the first instance please accept my apologies in respect of your overall experience; I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade on your next stay to one of our luxury rooms and a complimentary treatment. Please contact me at your convenience to arrange this. Once again thank you for providing such a fair review as well as providing us with the opportunity to consider how we can ensure future guest enjoy a better overall experience.

Lee Goossens MD

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albourne
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa
Hilton Brighton Metropole

Been to Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!