Sassafras Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Sassafras
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fantastic homemade scones, light breakfasts and lunches, and great coffee!!
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went to the Sassafras Cafe today with a friend for lunch and were very impressed. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and the menu was full of choice.
We chose to share a chicken BLT which was very tasty and then shared the Devonshire tea. The scones were the best I have ever had and accompanied with home made jam and double cream!
This is definetly somewhere to return too.
In contrary to a previous post we found the prices extremely reasonable.
Two home made scones with jam and cream and a hot drink was $11.50
You go anywhere else and it would be closer to $20
The BLT was $15.50 and plenty for us to share. Real home cooked food is worth paying for.

3  Thank Oscar1232011

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I plus my son stopped here for lunch and although impressed with service overall we were disappointed with some of the menu choices and the excessive prices. We all had a craving for burgers and chips and were surprised that the burgers at this cafe did not come with chips and the price of the burger alone would buy you a reasonable main meal in a lot of restaurants. When we asked the waitress about the availability of chips she replied that no venue in Sassafras offered chips, however, walking passed other cafes they were all serving chips. It made me laugh that they also offered a pie and salad. Really, in Australia.

2  Thank Mickey2011
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had a wonderful time here and very family friendly. Food was good and very friendly service, and great place for a coffee as well.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our family of 4 adults had Devonshire (afternoon) tea here and enjoyed the break away from busy city life.

The menus were available immediately however as we only wanted the tea we were able to order straight away.
The hot drinks came within 5 minutes and shortly afterwards the scones came; quite large with plenty of jam and cream.

All the staff were friendly and most helpful, and if there is a criticism it was that they would not take a reservation, because at the time we called they said that they were "not that busy".
Fortunately we were able to get a table as soon as we arrived, however by shortly after all tables had been taken.
We would have been most upset if we'd arrived after a 45 minute drive and not been able to get a table.

1  Thank Johnpsau
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ordered a mocha and scrambled eggs on toast with a couple of sides and they were scrumptious; lovely creamy taste and good texture, on rye. The service was friendly and smily and the owner was a cheerful bloke. The atmosphere is great as is most of the places in Sass. I'm keen to go back and try some other dishes - only basing my review on one visit but if this is the standard kept all the time then count me in.