Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort
$88
Hotel Letizia(Follonica)
$96
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Pineta(Follonica)(Great Value!)
$105
$128
  • Bar/Lounge
Corte dei Tusci(Scarlino)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswine resortour honeymoonconti di san bonifacioon sitepastaattention to detailout of this worldhorseback ridingsun loungersamazing viewsmaster suitelong weekendvery special placeperfect place to unwindhis wifethree nightstuscan countryside
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As my girlfriend said "Oh, it turns out heaven is in Tuscany at Conti Di San Bonafacio". This has been one of the better traveling experiences of my life. From the drive, the entrance, the rooms (fantastic), the estate, food and wine tour with Manfredo and Sarah the owners it couldn't have been more pleasant. Not to mention the world class wines and rustic italian farmhouse style food that comes from one of the better respected mom's kitchen chefs in the region. This is a must if you are traveling anywhere through Europe. Don't forget to sit by the fire at night or pool during the day.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a few of the rooms. All our excellent but recently I was in number 6 facing the vineyard and it was amazing. My next visit I might try the other side suite facing the winery. The upstairs rooms are excellent too for different views and feels. It wouldn't matter to me where I was put. Plan to want to never leave the bathrooms, they are suites in themselves and are fitted out spectacularly.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My trip to Italy is one I will never forget. The resort is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The rooms were not only beautiful but spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff, Dana and Marie, made us quickly feel right at home. They saw to our every need and are truly the nicest staff. Laura, the hotel manager, did not disappoint either. She planned the most amazing dinners, organized wine tastings and outings for us that were the highlight of our trip. Without her,we would have been lost! If you are planning a trip to Italy, you simply must stay at Conti di San Bonifacio. We are drinking the wine in America and counting down the days till we can go back!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This wine resort will forever hold a special place in our hearts. We traveled there for 3 days/nights on our honeymoon and of all the places in France and Italy we went, this was by far our favorite. You cannot put your finger on it, it is just so special. From pulling up the long driveway and having the staff greet you outside, the decor, the amazing American style plush beds (the only place of all the 4-5 star places we stayed to have a great bed!), the wine tour, the food, the pool, or relaxing in the large beautifully decorated common area. The service and staff here are 5 star (and speak fluent English), and the manager Laura goes out of her way to ensure you are having the best time while there. They have have an amazing chef but there are also fun places to go out to eat to enjoy authentic food. This area is off the tourist track so you really get to soak up the culture. Its a small remote area, but there is plenty to do and explore. We took a few of the hotel's recommendations but our favorite was the 20 mile bike ride (it sounds long but it wasn't too hard) and exploring the area by bike, as well as horse back riding. I highly recommend this place if you are in the area or planning a trip to the Tuscany area. Its a MUST. We are buying the wine back in America and counting down the days to go back!

Room Tip: We chose the cheapest room, but it is still large and luxurious. Go for this one for value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed mid October , we had a wonderful time . We were welcomed by three lovely members of staff , Laura and a glass of wine each . We had a fantastic room , with a terrace and a view of the vineyards . The bath was huge , double shower and even arm chairs in the bathroom . The bed was comfy too.It was one of the suites and well worth the extra money . The food was excellent , we eat out a lot and that was the best sea bass i have ever had . We also did the wine tour with Laura , it was extremely interesting and the wine tasted great .The cookery lesson was fun and i make a good Ragu now . We spent three days on the beach as the weather was warm and again Laura did not let us down on her lunch recommendation . Overall we had a very relaxing but fun honeymoon and hope to go back in the near future .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This wine resort is amazing. The views are simply breath taking. From beginning to end everything was top notch. Laura was God send and my trip would not have been the same without her. She is so helpful, she organized an one of a kind experience for me and my friend. She gave the best wine tasting I have ever experienced. The staff is so attentive, and they really do cater to your ever whim. If you have the chance to visit Tuscany you can not miss the jewel tucked away in the hills. The rooms are beautiful and the food is better than I have had in some 5 star restaurants. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends