This wine resort will forever hold a special place in our hearts. We traveled there for 3 days/nights on our honeymoon and of all the places in France and Italy we went, this was by far our favorite. You cannot put your finger on it, it is just so special. From pulling up the long driveway and having the staff greet you outside, the decor, the amazing American style plush beds (the only place of all the 4-5 star places we stayed to have a great bed!), the wine tour, the food, the pool, or relaxing in the large beautifully decorated common area. The service and staff here are 5 star (and speak fluent English), and the manager Laura goes out of her way to ensure you are having the best time while there. They have have an amazing chef but there are also fun places to go out to eat to enjoy authentic food. This area is off the tourist track so you really get to soak up the culture. Its a small remote area, but there is plenty to do and explore. We took a few of the hotel's recommendations but our favorite was the 20 mile bike ride (it sounds long but it wasn't too hard) and exploring the area by bike, as well as horse back riding. I highly recommend this place if you are in the area or planning a trip to the Tuscany area. Its a MUST. We are buying the wine back in America and counting down the days to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wine Resort Conti di San Bonifacio is an exclusive jewel of a hotel, suspended between sky and vines, in the Maremma firmament in coastal Tuscany. Guests who seek a retreat from their busy lives arrive to find views of vines, olive groves and the far reaching planes of the Maremma. Inside the restored farmhouse interiors are pristeen and in wonderful harmony with the organic colours and textures of nature. Light filled salons and tasting rooms, with abundant terraces reaching out and off the hill into glorious countryside.Guests spend their time between linen crisp bedroom suites, poolside or roaring fire depending on the season. All is possible here. Perfect tranquility or a vacation of activity including wine and cooking courses, yoga on the hilltop, horse riding and night treks or just simply discovering the medieval villages which crown each of the surrounding hilltops or the white beaches all along our coastline. History and nature marry here in conjugal bliss.The 360 degree views are magnificent, the position blessed with a sense of the spiritual. One feels a unique feeling of peace here as eagles and swallows swoop and soar overhead. Glass of wine in hand, aperitivo on the terrace, vineyard view dinners. Earth, wine and essential tuscan foods combine to offer the exquisite experience at this unique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conti Di San Bonifacio Wine Hotel Gavorrano
- Conti Di San Bonifacio Wine Resort Italy/Gavorrano