We stayed for 3 nights at this stunning property, set on a beautiful, organic wine farm in southern Tuscany.
The team are keen to do everything they can to make your stay relaxing - and they succeeded completely. With only 5 rooms this property made us feel very, very special. We'd splashed out on Room 1 - the largest suite with 270 degree views, a log fire and a bathroom larger than many hotel rooms! We ate on the estate each night, and enjoyed amazing traditional Tuscan food and wine from the cellar.
The highlight of the stay for us was almost 3 hours spent on a 'wine journey' with Elizabetha - from the vines, to the cantena, to the process of making the wines, we LOVED this experience. We've done many wine tours all over the world, but this is by far the best we've experienced. (And some fantastic stories of Tuscany thrown in for good measure).
We'll certainly be back - and hope that next time its a hot, summer weekend when we can simply lie by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wine Resort Conti di San Bonifacio is an exclusive jewel of a hotel, suspended between sky and vines, in the Maremma firmament in coastal Tuscany. Guests who seek a retreat from their busy lives arrive to find views of vines, olive groves and the far reaching planes of the Maremma. Inside the restored farmhouse interiors are pristeen and in wonderful harmony with the organic colours and textures of nature. Light filled salons and tasting rooms, with abundant terraces reaching out and off the hill into glorious countryside.Guests spend their time between linen crisp bedroom suites, poolside or roaring fire depending on the season. All is possible here. Perfect tranquility or a vacation of activity including wine and cooking courses, yoga on the hilltop, horse riding and night treks or just simply discovering the medieval villages which crown each of the surrounding hilltops or the white beaches all along our coastline. History and nature marry here in conjugal bliss.The 360 degree views are magnificent, the position blessed with a sense of the spiritual. One feels a unique feeling of peace here as eagles and swallows swoop and soar overhead. Glass of wine in hand, aperitivo on the terrace, vineyard view dinners. Earth, wine and essential tuscan foods combine to offer the exquisite experience at this unique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conti Di San Bonifacio Wine Hotel Gavorrano
- Conti Di San Bonifacio Wine Resort Italy/Gavorrano