“Outstanding”
Review of The Fortescue Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Allington
The Fortescue Arms
Kingsbridge
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed an outstanding dinner at the Fortescue last night. Beautiful presentation and excellent quality together with attentive, friendly staff. The desert was especially wonderful, chocolate to die for. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia G
steve6865, Manager at The Fortescue Arms, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you to all of you for the great comments and feedback that has been posted and hopefully see you all again soon. Regards Steve and Michelle

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
exeter
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I was one of the 12 in the hen party that visited the Fortrscue Arms for Sunday lunch following a very busy weekend!

The landlord and landlady couldn't have done any more to make us feel welcome and valued as customers!

The roast beef was to die for and the vegetables, gravy boats and Yorkshire's just kept on coming!

The bride to be was presented with a complimentary liqueur and a lovely decoration on her dessert plate. We also mentioned that we were going to be holding our own version of prize bingo back at our accommodation and the landlord presented us with a bottle of wine for one of our prizes!

I will definitely go back for a Sunday lunch - it will be worth the trip down from Exeter - my mouth is salivating just thinking about it!

I honestly cannot recommend this place enough x

• Stayed May 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

what a faqntastic wind down to a very busy weekend celebrating a friends hen weekend. we rang the day before to book for 12 - 15 to ensure we could be accomodated. after a pleasant short walk from Pitt farm where we were staying we could not have recevied a warmer welcome. the new landlord and landlady were so friendly and more than happy to accomodate us.

the food was top notch and plenty of it!!! the desert to die for.

we were made to feel very welcome with some unexpected extra touches for the bride to be.

it was the perfect end to the perfect weekend and we will certainly be heading down for sunday lunch again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

To close my hen weekend spent at Pitt Farm we took the opportunity to have Sunday lunch at The Fortescue Arms yesterday. There was 12 of us and we did call and book the night before to reserve the table but it was quite clear the welcoming landlord would have accommodated our every need. The attention to detail and decor of the pub is second to none. When our 12 roast beef's arrived at the table there was silence from each of my companions, taken away by the quality of food, and as for the taste this was the quietest my girls had been all weekend. The landlord's presented me with a complimentary liqueur which enhanced the flavours of our amazing puddings to... I have no hesitation in returning to The Fortescue Arms and cannot compliment you enough with your attention to detail. First class!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hello my family and I came for Sunday lunch. The food was lovely and the lamb was delicious. The desserts tasted so good, especially the praline ice cream. Every family member was happy with there food. The owners of the pub were very friendly and welcoming. Will for sure be visiting again x

• Stayed May 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Congratulations on taking over the Fortescue Arms, I have just had one of your lovely roast dinners it was excellent, complements to the chef..... Staff were happy and helpful, the atmosphere was lovely and.welcoming..Best wishes to you both for the future,,I will definitely be back and bring my friends to..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank carolyn1960_11
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I heard the fortescue arms pub was under new management so thought i'd pop along and see for myself... Well all I can say is the pub is back to its former glory, it looked like every man and his wife had come down.. What an atmosphere.... I wish the new owners the best of luck, but something told me tonight their not going to need it!! I will defiantly be going again hopefully for food next time...

• Stayed March 2013
The Tower Inn
The Tower Inn
#7 of 32 in Kingsbridge
Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel

Been to The Fortescue Arms? Share your experiences!