“Fantastic whimsy” 5 of 5 stars

83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Fantastic whimsy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Oh how I love this artist. Is am so in love with her work. This place was charming, whimsical and delightful as only Niki St. Phalle Can do. I am in awe . What a fun day we had here.

Visited October 2012
Thank ms.go-go

• Czech first
Orbetello, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I have no words to describe the beauty of this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I think it is one of my favourite places in the world.
I go to the Garden at lesat twice a year, and in four years, everytime i go i discover new things to see.
I believe it's a place that must be seen more than once, 'cause it's so full of marvellous details that a full day is not enough.

Many people don't know about this place, and i always invite all my friends and family for a visit.
I'm very affectionate to Niki's works, i just love everything she made.

1 Thank Mausotta B
Geneva switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The tarot garden made by Niki de Saint Phalle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a place for the whole family - everybody will love it! The artist has put her whole heart into every piece of work made on this place. Niki de Saint Phalle got inspired by Gaudi's Parc Grüell in Barcelona but has passed him in emotions and details by far. Incredible that this place is in the middle of nowhere with hardly any sign at all until you are actually on the very road! GO THERE! and enjoy with friends or family!

4 Thank tennis96
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth seeing, kids love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It reminded me both of Guell park in Barcelona and Hundertwasser Haus in Vienna. It is small - just around 1 hour there would do, but there are surprises there that I have not seen elsewhere. Ingenious structures. I liked it a lot and the kids loved it.
We made the route especially through there from Toscana to Rome. However I don't know if its so much worth the effort. If the other quicker road is boring for you... and if you have a spare 2 hours, then sure - go for it.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dror S
Suffield, Connecticut
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Oasis of Color in Southern Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been trying to get to this garden since learning about the artisit, Niki de Saint Phalle, a few years ago and seeing her work in Paris. It was so worth the effort! If you are an art nouveau or Gaudi fan, you will fall in love with her use of color, images, and materials. Each of the 22 sculptures is unique and has a story of its own. We spent about 2 hours wandering through the garden, as well as going inside many of the sculptures themselves. This garden is worth a visit from either Rome or Florence; you can plan a stop at one of the beautiful beaches along the coast on the same day. But make a visit to this garden a top priority on your next visit to Italy!

1 Thank Kim W