Tripadvisor
Champasak Town
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews coffee plantation one night stay bolaven plateau sitting room nice resort pavilion balcony curtains
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2018

This felt like an old colonial hotel in terms of vibe. Our room was lovely and large with a big balcony overlooking the gardens, and the WiFi was good enough to stream (best in the chairs by the windows). However, the bed was very hard and the curtains were flimsy so the sun streamed in from dawn. The bathroom was not good - there was no shower screen so the whole room got soaked even though the water jet was extremely weak. We learned to remove the loo roll before showering and to leave the towels on the floor as it was still wet and slippery the following morning as there was no ventilation.

The central building was a combination of shop/coffee bar/restaurant with stark lighting indoors and mosquito-ridden tables outside but, as the resort is quite remote, there's nowhere else nearby to dine. The coffee was, unsurprisingly, very good and breakfast was fine, if basic. The dinner menu was a bit hit and miss but tastier once we had convinced the staff that we really did like very spicy food. The service was delightful although knowledge of English was very variable.

The gardens were nice but the swimming pool looked algae ridden and toxic and the area around it desperately needed updating.

One issue - their credit card machine was broken but they didn't tell us until we were checking out and as we were about to leave Laos we had very little cash. Luckily our guide was able to help us out until we could get to an atm.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lazzagear
Reviewed February 18, 2018

My husband was very excited to get a reservation here because of great reviews. When we arrived we selected a room with a tub. He was anxious to use the tub after a long road trip. Unfortunately, the tepid water never got hot as he tried to fill the tub. It did however, get cold. They could not fix this problem. The room smelled awful so we tried to turn on the air conditioning but it did not work. We decided to sit on our porch but we received no chairs! We headed to the pool but the hotel has no lounge chairs. We told both breakfast and dinner were 7:30 to 8:30. We hoped to be able to at least get AM. I counted 12 bugs in the bathroom and a cricket tortured me all night right above my head. I could not wait to leave in the AM. Also, they do not have a coffee plantation there any longer. Nothing to do, no place to sit comfortably. I do not know how this place got good reviews!!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LolisBoston
Reviewed February 1, 2018

This is a charming small hotel with an excellent restaurant in the heart of the Bollaven Plateau (not in Champasak Town). Unfortunately my wife got bad prawn which left a sour experience, but I'm going to put that down to bad luck - it has happened to me in the smartest restaurants. All the other food we had was excellent - especially the coffee. The rooms are spacious and in the local style, modelled rather after a colonial plantation.

The English ofthe restaurant staff is very limited and sometimes there is a little confusion over what has been ordered -make sure you are understood

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

I stopped over at Senouk whilst on a cycling trip. Overall the place was lovely; good rooms, the grounds are gorgeous, breakfast and other food were OK. I give this place a four stars because it was pretty expensive, and a little overpriced especially if staying for several nights. That said, if you have a good budget then Senouk is a lovely place to stay a few days.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Maya882
Reviewed January 13, 2018

We don't understand the recent negative comments. We were there early November and enjoyed beautiful rooms and great food at the restaurant. The walk in the beautiful surrounding gardens at sun rise is a definite must as well (watch out for the huge spiders which tend to weave their webs just at your size...). Ideal place for one night while visiting the Bolowen (Not sure why it spells Bolaven) Plateau.

Date of stay: November 2017