“Lovely spa in champasak”
Review of Champasak Spa

Champasak Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Outdoor/indoor Day Spa - Wellness Center and Natural Spa Massages and Natural Treatments from Asia ; Laos, Thailand, India, China, with Organic Products from Champasak villages.
paris
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lovely spa in champasak”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This spa makes a real difference with the many others in the country. Decoration is so fine it immediately puts you in a relaxed state of mind. Staff really cares. We were 2 days there and made 1h15 coconut oil massage, dedicated room and extraordinary massage. After massage you can enjoy a cup of tea in front of Mekong. Just perfect!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank solarios

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bliss at Champasak Spa”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you are in the Champasak region, go and enjoy heavenly bliss at Champasak Spa. I love spas and this is one of my favorite. The men and woman were very professional and fantastic! The setting is peaceful and relaxing. If you get a massage, ask for it to be done by in the outdoors. They have a wonderful hut overlooking the river. I enjoyed a facial, massage, hair treatment and body scrub. The spa is clean and the staff is very hospitable. I was served tea, water and fresh fruit on a veranda overlooking the Mekong River....twice! Absolutely fabulous! I would love to go back and enjoy it again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank vegabondgrl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful place, great massage!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a great massage of 3.5 hours and it was simply perfect! They take care of every detail giving you the best massage experience of Laos! The personal was well prepared and the quality of the products natural. We loved every bit of it!

London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My other half and I both had massages here after cycling to Wat Phu earlier in the day and were very glad we did. The atmosphere is wonderfully calm, the owner made sure we were comfortable and brought us glasses of their special herb infused water (delicious) as we sat in their riverside sala to relax. The massages were excellent and as good as anything we had experienced in our two months in asia. We then lay in the sala again afterwards, enjoying feeling completely relaxed and drinking the herbal tea and eating the fruit that was awaiting us. If you're in Champasak I'd highly recommend a visit.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Internationalgray
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not worthy of the rave reviews in our opinion”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I visited Champasak Spa with my wife and contrary to others who arrived at the spa after a long day of trekking or cycling, we were rested and in good spirit. We arrived all excited and looking forward to enjoying a relaxing experience and so we were quite surprised to find the opposite. In all fairness, the construction noise was coming from the neighbouring Guest House which is not really relaxing at all and hard to ignore. If it wasn't for the construction noise, you could hear the kitchen staff talking and cooking. The decor is okay but not exceptional. The massage itself was uninspiring in terms of value and quality if compared to what we have experienced in Vientiane and other locations in Asia. Save your money for that instead if you ask me...
As we were leaving, we had a quick chat with the French owner. She seemed quite friendly and nice at first glance but we felt quite uneasy and uncomfortable when she screamed at a young lao boy who was begging for money in front of the commerce...poor thing. She explained to us that she trained the staff herself and they were all locals. What stands as a proud accomplishment for her seems more like exploitation to us...

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jim M
Champasak-Spa, Propriétaire at Champasak Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Jim M,

I was saddened to read your comments on Champasak-Spa and that you and your wife did not enjoy your time in our Spa.
The Spa is located on the bank of the Mekong River in a wooden Lao Traditional house, surrounded by a tropical garden and usually is a very quiet place in the heart of a small village.
It is very unfortunate that Anouxa GH, which is next door, was just making some renovations during your massage and I am really sorry for that. I did not realize the sound was that strong and bothered you so much. We always listen to our customers and welcome feedback. I just wished you had shared your feelings about this with me after your massage.

Your comment about me "screaming at a young Lao boy seems very inappropriate.
We have been living in Champasak for 4 years, I know all the people in the village, children and parents. They are my neighbors and my friends.
We do not encourage young children (and their parents) to be begging for money.
My position on this is to say No and I am trying my very best, on a daily basis, to help people in Champasak fight poverty, in a sustainable way.
This has been our point of view and our action for several years now. It is a shame you did not express your discomfort face to face to me, It would have been useful to exchange your thoughts.

All staff has been trained for free in the art of traditional massage by a Lao Teacher, and I have taught them about natural treatments and International standards. If you wish to know more about the project, I encourage you to visit our website mentionned in the details.

Everybody here works hard. I am not proud of myself, I am happy to see that the team always gives its best and never feel discouraged.

I wish you the very best,
nathalie