“hot shower seems to by real luxus...you have to fight for”
Review of Inthira Hotel

Inthira Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Champasak Town
Aachen, Germany
“hot shower seems to by real luxus...you have to fight for”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

we stayed unfortunaly for three days.When Wat Phou is done(2-3 hours maximum)there is nothing to do; me be You can join the favorite activity of lao people "to watch the rice growing....preferable in laying position"-Forget the suggestion in the hotel prospect"...experience the perfect sunset by the Swimming Pool overlooking the Mekong..." There is no Swimming Pool.-Be satisfied when You shower is working ours did for one whole day and night not.After 21 hour p.m. don´t hope for water supply anyway.-Incompetent,uninterested hotel managenment !!! Don´t await quiet sleep in the morning hours.<The noisy village street passes You windows only few meters away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Inthira Hotel for two nights in January while visiting Wat Phu down the road. Ithira is easily the best hotel in town. Inthira comparatively charges a lot. Everything else we saw in Champasak was 10 dollars or less while Inthira was around $50. That being said, it was an exceptional hotel for a small town in Laos.

We stayed in one of the rooms in the back of the hotel. It had two twin beds with a large bathroom that had a bathtub and an outside shower, which was pretty nice. There were multiple fans in the room in addition to a/c which we didn't use. The lighting in the room was a bit dim as the ceilings were pretty high. I wish there had been mosquito nets in the room as the doors do not close tight and there are no screens on the windows. These back rooms are arranged around a small courtyard that had some tables and chairs for sitting outside, which was nice.

The hotel also has a restaurant and bar facing the street. We had the included breakfast both mornings and it was pretty good. We had dinner one night in the restaurant and were pleased. They have a nice mix of local Laotion food as well as western staples like pasta and pizza.

There is one computer providing guests with free internet in the lobby. The staff were very accommodating to our inquiries. The hotel had bicycles that we rented one morning to visit Wat Phu. The wat was an hour ride away. Although they are fairly new and in good condition the bikes were a little small for us and we were hurting by the time we got back!

Good hotel. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Very nice and charming boutique hotel. I had the cheapest room (the ones of the other side of the road) and there were some imperfections: no chair and no minibar in the room, nothing to hang the bath towel, etc. But in a way, these imperfections are part of what is so charming in Laos. The shower was wonderful. Nice restaurant too, even if the Asian food was too westernized, I think.
Anyway, this is the best place to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of Champasak. I recommend anyone to spend at least two nights there. Just take a bicycle to get to Wat Phou through small villages and beautiful landscape. I did it “Lao-style”, which means slowly, taking six hours and enjoying every minute. It was certainly the best day of my trip to Laos. I wished I could spend one night more to go to don Daeng. Life is so relaxing and people so friendly in this part of the world!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Duisburg
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed there for one night on a stopover in Champasak to visit Wat Phou. You don't recognize the hotel easily from the street and the rooms are in the back of the front building with a pretty nice garden. The rooms are spacoius, clean, comfortable and have a nice outdoor bathroom.
We had food in the restaurant and it was nice, breakfast also was served there.

The hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Wat Phou so perfect for a stay.
We relaxed and liked the hotel on atrip throughout Laos whre we mostly stayed in simple guesthouses. The price was worth staying there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Very impressive in their design and decoration. This small boutique hotel is getting along very well with the peacefull atmosphere of Champasak.

• Stayed December 2010
Sydney
Reviewed January 2, 2011

After slugging it through the forests, swamps and rivers motorbikes from Attapue, we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived in Champasak to find the Inthira Hotel. I hadn't expected to find anything above the standard $10-15 guesthouse and in our shabby state, we were more than ready for a couple of comfortable nights. We pretty much got exactly what we wanted. We took the duplex rooms with two floors. While I really liked the layout and the concept of this room, I did plan to do some TV watching and book reading in the downstairs living area. Unfortunately the chairs are actually just for ornamental purposes rather than comfort. I also found the lack of beer in the mini-bar a minor letdown. The service in the evening was outstanding, the service in the morning was sleepy and disinterested. The meals are fantastic, but the breakfast could be bigger.

Anyway, it is one of the better properties I have stayed in over the last six months. I would also have to say that Champasak is one of the most beautiful places I have been. After living in the Indochina region for four years, I am generally less interested in temples, but Wat Phou I found to be a real highlight. Maybe something to do with the surrounding landscape. I would highly recommend Champasak to anyone looking for a peaceful riverside town to spend a couple of days and the Inthira would also get a recommendation if they got better chairs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Landshut, Germany
Reviewed December 10, 2010

3 nights in very beautiful landscape. we enjoyed our trip in this nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
#1 of 15 in Pakse
Champasak Grand Hotel
Champasak Palace Hotel
Mekong Paradise Resort

Been to Inthira Hotel? Share your experiences!