Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SeeMoreLiveMore
Singapore, Singapore

Awesome, awesome, awesome ...

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 27, 2020
1. Location: Champasak is a very small town and it does not take a long time to traverse the length of it on foot. That said, this hotel is along the main stretch, within easy reach of restaurants and the few attractions within the town. It has grounds that overlook the Mekong as well, which makes it really pretty.

2. Rooms: Very spacious, very comfortable. Beautifully designed, with a good mix of Laotian details and modern comforts. Lighting, room amenities, and the bathroom and toilet were all simply very pleasing and made our stay there a really great one. Wifi connection is great too.

3. Amenities: The building is a sensibly and sensitively restored old building, and like the rooms, it was beautifully decorated with aesthetic art pieces. The grounds have lush manicured and well-kept grounds. Breakfast at the restaurant was sumptuous and delicious!

4. Staff: I saved the best for last. To be honest, Laos is a very welcoming country and people are generally warm and friendly to tourists. All the hospitality staff I encountered on my trip were great. However, Residence Bassac manages to up these high standards and provided a warmth and hospitality of amazingly high standards. Every staff I encountered was welcoming and seemed genuinely pleased that we were there. I felt like a guest welcomed into someone's home.

While I might have seen all the sights that I wanted to in Champasak and the area, I really would not mind coming back here just to relax in this place because I felt so comfortable here and really enjoyed this place so much.
Date of stay: December 2019
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
gepedavos, Propriétaire at Residence Bassac, responded to this review
Responded Jan 27, 2020
Very dear Seemorelivemore,
a big thank you from our entire team at Résidence Bassac for taking the time to write this review. We are all driven by the desire to best meet the requirements of all our customers. So we are delighted when we read that we are getting there. Warmly.
    0.3 miles from Residence Bassac
    • Hotels.com
    2.2 miles from Residence Bassac
      0.3 miles from Residence Bassac
      Restaurant
      Les chambres vue de l'extérieur
      • eDreams
      Pool
      Easy and fast booking
        2.2 miles from Residence Bassac
        View more hotels in Champasak Town
        All reviews star hotel duplex room fabulous stay general manager enjoy life daily life their faces nice hotel excellent location western dishes stayed nights lao champasak region vientiane butterflies island
        Selected filters
        Reviewed January 24, 2020 via mobile

Having been blessed to travel all over Southeast Asia I can absolutely say this is one of the most special places. There is incredible attention to detail throughout the entire hotel. The rooms are beautiful and well designed. The restaurant serves delicious breakfasts and wonderful pizza. 🙂Each and every member of staff deserves praise and they are headed by an outstanding general manager Apeksha. As I have mentioned in other reviews I am indeed the Hotel Monster and not the easiest but I left extremely happy. Personally I found the value of the hotel one of the best of anywhere in the world. There are 14 lovely rooms and I looked at a few different ones but for me I thought my Deluxe Duplex was outstanding in size, design and even though I happily travel solo there is one and a half baths and a small balcony. Perfection. Small and intimate. This was about my 8th or 9th visit to Laos a country that I love but my first time in Champasak. I will absolutely go back as for me this is a Destination Hotel. There is talk of a swimming pool in the not too distant future and if that happens there will be no reason to even leave the property! 😀

Trip type: Traveled solo
        2  Thank hotelmonster88
        gepedavos, Propriétaire at Residence Bassac, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Very dear Hotelmonster88,
        We are all very happy to read your glowing review. We realize that all the efforts that we make every day, to make our property a must, are not wasted. You have lightened our day for all. Warmly.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

The hotel is very well maintained with lots of great details in the room. The room was clean and comfortable. They were able to organise transport for our trips. The staff were attentive and helpful. The food in the restaurant was hit and miss (some things were barely warm, let alone hot) but we found going for local items meant the food would be good.

Room tip: Garden view
        1  Thank Hen03
        gepedavos, Directeur général at Residence Bassac, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that we could ensure you had a comfortable stay during your visit and attend to and anticipate your needs. We are known for our exceptional food and we regret that we missed the mark. I, express my apologies about your not so satisfactory experience at our Restaurant. We have taken your feedback to heart and we will improvise on our services to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience. Thank you again and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back yet again soon. Apeksha

Reviewed January 12, 2020

This is a small and beautiful hotel in the Main Street of Champasak. Their aime is to be the best hotel option around, and let me be very clear at once; they almost manage a 100%! Their garden rooms are excellent, spacious and comfort wise at top. The suite(s) stretching over 2 floors are very good too. Everything connected to the art of being well, sleeping well and service and cleanness, are top notch. But the devil is in the details and I can’t help thinking that they still have a 2% to go to be totally on top, but again; it’s absolutely one of the best small scale hotel operations in Laos!! Their breakfast is super, the kind and smiley service works, and whatever you wanna do; they’ll try to fix it prompte. The kitchen may have a bigger potential than delivered now. They do a Lao kitchen and also present some western dishes, pizza’s amongst them, and I have a feeling they could grow a bigger food signature of their own... And just a final remark; they do excellent cocktails and serve them gently... This is a super place to spend some days!!

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for writing this detailed and absolutely overwhelming review, Mr Sven. It was a pleasure serving you and your entire group. Customer service is everything to us, and delighted hear you had such a pleasant stay and enjoyed every aspect of Residence Bassac. We appreciate your constructive feedback and recommendations and will make every effort to maintain and improve our standards in our product and service to offer an exclusive experience to every guest. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon for another fantastic experience!
        We would like to know what would be your suggestion to raise of 2% to be totally on top. Please feel free to email me and give your advices: gm@residencebassac.com
        Kind regards. Apeksha

Reviewed January 5, 2020

We loved the beautiful view of the Mekong River and enjoyed delicious breakfasts. All of the staff are kind and welcoming and made you feel at home. The hotel helped us organise an incredible trip to Si Phan Don and always made sure we were having fun. The food at the restaurant in the hotel is very yummy. You have an option of Western and Eastern which is great for people who like Lao and Western food. I recommend the pork belly! Delish!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
        gepedavos, Propriétaire at Residence Bassac, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Dashiell, thank you very much for your comment. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. Warm regards.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Résidence Bassac has been recently renovated and the result is brilliant. Charming colonial atmosphere. Comfortable rooms. Delicious restaurant. Excellent location. Highly recommended. They can also organize a range of activities in the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family
        1  Thank Giovanypb

Dear Giovanypd. Thank you to have taken the time to write such a nice comment. Warm regards.