Lowest prices for your stay
$63
Free cancellation until 10/01/21
Booking.com$62
eDreams$62
Priceline$62
All reviews noodles highly recommend a stay lao life western meals rooms are beautiful mekong river both sides lao food recommend this hotel perfect location wonderful stay boutique hotel restaurant serves two nights duplex sala renovated
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2020 via mobile

Having been blessed to travel all over Southeast Asia I can absolutely say this is one of the most special places. There is incredible attention to detail throughout the entire hotel. The rooms are beautiful and well designed. The restaurant serves delicious breakfasts and wonderful pizza. Each and every member of staff deserves praise and they are headed by an outstanding general manager Apeksha. As I have mentioned in other reviews I am indeed the Hotel Monster and not the easiest but I left extremely happy. Personally I found the value of the hotel one of the best of anywhere in the world. There are 14 lovely rooms and I looked at a few different ones but for me I thought my Deluxe Duplex was outstanding in size, design and even though I happily travel solo there is one and a half baths and a small balcony. Perfection. Small and intimate. This was about my 8th or 9th visit to Laos a country that I love but my first time in Champasak. I will absolutely go back as for me this is a Destination Hotel. There is talk of a swimming pool in the not too distant future and if that happens there will be no reason to even leave the property!

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank hotelmonster88
gepedavos, Propriétaire at Residence Bassac, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Very dear Hotelmonster88,
We are all very happy to read your glowing review. We realize that all the efforts that we make every day, to make our property a must, are not wasted. You have lightened our day for all. Warmly.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

The hotel is very well maintained with lots of great details in the room. The room was clean and comfortable. They were able to organise transport for our trips. The staff were attentive and helpful. The food in the restaurant was hit and miss (some things were barely warm, let alone hot) but we found going for local items meant the food would be good.

Room tip: Garden view
1  Thank Hen03
gepedavos, Directeur général at Residence Bassac, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that we could ensure you had a comfortable stay during your visit and attend to and anticipate your needs. We are known for our exceptional food and we regret that we missed the mark. I, express my apologies about your not so satisfactory experience at our Restaurant. We have taken your feedback to heart and we will improvise on our services to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience. Thank you again and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back yet again soon. Apeksha

Reviewed January 12, 2020

This is a small and beautiful hotel in the Main Street of Champasak. Their aime is to be the best hotel option around, and let me be very clear at once; they almost manage a 100%! Their garden rooms are excellent, spacious and comfort wise at top. The suite(s) stretching over 2 floors are very good too. Everything connected to the art of being well, sleeping well and service and cleanness, are top notch. But the devil is in the details and I can’t help thinking that they still have a 2% to go to be totally on top, but again; it’s absolutely one of the best small scale hotel operations in Laos!! Their breakfast is super, the kind and smiley service works, and whatever you wanna do; they’ll try to fix it prompte. The kitchen may have a bigger potential than delivered now. They do a Lao kitchen and also present some western dishes, pizza’s amongst them, and I have a feeling they could grow a bigger food signature of their own... And just a final remark; they do excellent cocktails and serve them gently... This is a super place to spend some days!!

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for writing this detailed and absolutely overwhelming review, Mr Sven. It was a pleasure serving you and your entire group. Customer service is everything to us, and delighted hear you had such a pleasant stay and enjoyed every aspect of Residence Bassac. We appreciate your constructive feedback and recommendations and will make every effort to maintain and improve our standards in our product and service to offer an exclusive experience to every guest. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon for another fantastic experience!
We would like to know what would be your suggestion to raise of 2% to be totally on top. Please feel free to email me and give your advices: gm@residencebassac.com
Kind regards. Apeksha

Reviewed January 5, 2020

We loved the beautiful view of the Mekong River and enjoyed delicious breakfasts. All of the staff are kind and welcoming and made you feel at home. The hotel helped us organise an incredible trip to Si Phan Don and always made sure we were having fun. The food at the restaurant in the hotel is very yummy. You have an option of Western and Eastern which is great for people who like Lao and Western food. I recommend the pork belly! Delish!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
gepedavos, Propriétaire at Residence Bassac, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Dashiell, thank you very much for your comment. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. Warm regards.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Résidence Bassac has been recently renovated and the result is brilliant. Charming colonial atmosphere. Comfortable rooms. Delicious restaurant. Excellent location. Highly recommended. They can also organize a range of activities in the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Giovanypd. Thank you to have taken the time to write such a nice comment. Warm regards.