“Quite ordinary”
Review of Pico De Loro

Pico De Loro
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Nasugbu
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed two nights here and nothing really to rave about. The views are really nice but the beach is very ordinary.
We tried the food both at Lagoa and the pico sands. Both times we were disappointed with the service and the food. Our first night, my children ordered, pico burger, ceasar salad and pasta carbonara at Lagoa. It was a slow night with only a few customers but the kids had to wait for 45 mins for their food. Ceasar salad was only lettuce leaves and mayo tossed together. The pico burger was yucky. One beef pattie, one tomato and a lettuce. My son asked for ketsup and mayo for his burger and had to wait 5 mins for this. The carbonara was pasta and cream...nothing else! The second night the kids ate at pico sands, my daughter ordered Mediterranean salad...such a disappointment. The salad is one piece each of squash, tomato, cucumber and onions. That's it. I don't know whether the one cooking is in training or just too lazy to make a proper meal. The fast food joints will put these two restaurants to shame easily with the quality of food being served there.
Waiters/staff need training in customer service. Compared to their Manila counterpart, most of them don't know what's in the food they are serving nor the price of the items.
Also, a warning...although located In the same area, pico sands does not accept the cash card provided for by the management. You have to pay in cash or credit card for your food.
The two bedroom unit we stayed in was okay. A microwave and a toaster should have been provided considering these are basic equipment in every kitchen. Luckily, my mom was in a unit next to our room so I was able to heat our food there.
We booked the room for 6 people, but we only got linens for 5 people. I asked for linens for the 6th person but the Girl at reception said that the were no longer available linens for us. We got the linens the next day. Not impressed at all considering our booking was made in June 2013 for a two night stay in jan 2014. I am sure that is enough time for them to make sure that there are adequate linens for 6 people.
All in all, the only saving grace for this place is the view! For better service, food and accommodation, go somewhere else.

1  Thank momSydney
There are newer reviews for Pico De Loro

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I have to agree with the other two people who wrote bad reviews about this place. It could be a nice place if only thief service was much better. This is a very good example of bad service. The staff and management may need to take up a course in hotel and restaurant management. Maybe even a few units in operations management. The other guy summed it up pretty well. The people may be nice but The service really SUCKS. If you want to enjoy your vacation, either bring your own food or go somewhere else.

4  Thank Rovic G
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with a family of about 70 as one of our stops of our grand family reunion held every 3 years. The resort have all the amenities for a relaxing vacation so tried the nice pool, lounge, basketball court, kids playground, bowling alley, billiards, seaway, beach, etc. The spa service was excellent. The rooms are spacious enough for my family of 5 were well kept. We dine in a private function room every night catered with good food and entertainment. Kids definitely enjoyed the dinner and a show where some family members participated. Shuttle service in between buildings were available and required little wait. We felt safe here and enjoyed our stay very much.

1  Thank royramos0706
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We're here now in Pico de Loro. I chose this place to celebrate my father's bday. I wish we went to Montemar or Las Casas instead. I thought we will enjoy the place considering the price I paid. So dissappointed with the place. There's no wow factor. We got a room at pico sands and the aircon is not working properly. The hotel room looks so cheap! We waited long for the shuttle to arrive. The staff though are very nice are not really well trained. We ate at Lagoa. Food is just okay. We waited long for the desserts to arrive that we had to cancel it. I got even pist off when one waiter said we cannot cancel while the other one already confirmed it was cancelled. I was so excited for this day hoping to give my family a wonderful weekend. It seems like we just wasted our time and got ourselves tired. Others may have a good experience but not us. I don't think we will come back. Time is precious and to get the whole family free on one weekend is so hard to achieve. The money we spent was not cheap. I don't mind spending hard earned money on something that is worth it. I really hope others will give an honest review because I based my decision to come to pico de loro based on those reviews. I regret choosing this place. I can relate to one reviewer's sentiments. We just want to get home.

5  Thank windchimenovi
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Spent the long weekend with a group of doctor friends. Our anticipation was really high as we assembled at the yatch club.
When we arrived we were showed to our condo units - so so accomodation. Nothing spectacular.
Then everything went downhill from there.
In the most simple terms... SERVICE SUCKSSSS!!!!! The staff were not accomodating, they had different responses to the same questions.
Pico de loro, when we pray premium for a weekend getaway, make sure it is worth it!!
We were sorely disappointed that we cut short our stay in haste to get home.
Never again