Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
$115
$32
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Coral Beach Club(Lian)(Great Value!)
$63
$51
Agoda.com
Stardust Beach Hotel(Lian)(Great Value!)
$46
TripAdvisor
$68
$57
Agoda.com
Abagatan Ti Manila(Alfonso)(Great Value!)
$67
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewszip lineobstacle courseteam buildingindoor poolveranda restaurantcabin roomsgeneral managerchristmas seasonvast spaceremarkable placebody massageminimalist interiorcant complainroom telephonewave pool is greatmain buildingoutdoor activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Im not so good in writing reviews but i'll try my best again ,

We stayed at room 3011 last 12-13 Feb 2012 , like other reviews been mentioned , room is really quite big and not to mention with lots of cabinets...Dont know what would you place there considering only for a short term stay. Beds - were a bit old, you could really hear the spring squeaking, towels are most likely old , some have holes already. Blankets are also old and already greyish in color.

Bathroom - Yes, bathroom is also huge , that could accommodate a tub , a mini whirlpool spa , 2 sinks and 2 bowls...but not even a bidet was present. So my sons have a big problem that day , Hot water ?, have to wait for 3 minutes. .Parking area was not a problem.

Reception area - It was big with lots of chairs to accommodate those who are waiting and reservation is really fast , but of course I already called them twice to confirm our reservation and not to mention texted them as well. (just to be sure) , Receptionist was friendly but I didnt see them smile during my query. Need to deposit P1,000 and a Valid ID in which it is refundable when you check out , (not unless...) .

Swimming Pool - was big and nice. but sad to say , my kids wasnt able to stay long due to weather is really cold .

They also have playground for the kids which I appreciate it a lot. Some resort , dont bother to entertain kids anymore.

Breakfast - we had fried rice , egg , tocino , daing na bangus and a coffee. Which is complementary from the deal I bought. (good for 4) not bad at all.

Air condition - was not a problem , we didnot bother to use it , b'coz weather was really cold .
Chateau will be happy to that.

Not to mention , security guards are visible and very friendly.

Overall rating for me would be 3 1/2 star. I would and will be coming back to this resort only if there will be a promo again., but if I will pay at 100% base on their regular rate, I;d rather go somewhere else.

One thing more it that . their place was near Calaruega Church. In which i've been dreaming on visiting this place,..... and of course.... I never miss the chance to visit it. A dream came true for me and a relaxing day for my kids.

2  Thank czei
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My family and I went there last December after purchasing a discount voucher online. I checked the place online first so as to have an idea what to expect. So really, I wasn't expecting much!
Location wise, it is very near Tagaytay...although, during our trip there, it was a bit traffic maybe due to the holiday. It is situated beside the highway so you might sometimes be bothered by the fast rushing vehicles.
The place is huge with ample parking spaces. If you have bikes or skateboards with you, It a great place to use them.
The lobby/reception area is big with multiple seating areas. The furnitures are a bit outdated for me. they have huge sofas that are not really comfortable to sit on. they might want to put a couple of television around the lobby and not just one. There,s WIFI access only in this area. management might want to provide access in the rooms as well.
I didn't really try the pool but it looks okay. It was clean and well maintained.
There were a couple of greenhouses/ orchidarium, but I think there is a certain time you can visit it. And also with a tour guide.
There's an outdoor rock climbing area, which is nice for people who wants to try something new.
We stayed in the Log Cabin. Nice concept and design, but the thing is...it was too far from the clubhouse. It was not well lit and again, furnitures are outdated. The bathrooms were not that clean and the windows cannot b safely shut. even if there are security guards roaming around, you can never be sure. Ther were no trash bins also outside and only one inside the bathroom.
At night time, there were a lot of frogs expecially outside the log cabins. Talk about wilderness!
On the other hand, the staff were nice and friendly...no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank explore_galore
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The worst offer from a group buying site that we had. You will just get disappointed by basing in their website pictures, w/ the place, facilities and the food was of poor quality and presentation. It's not worth the price even if the offer was already discounted. To those who travelled from far away just to go this place.. be ready to be dismayed...

2  Thank annethon
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed here two weekday nights since the preps and reception of my brother's wedding were held here.

On the ballroom:
Very big with a high ceiling. I think it can comfortably seat up to 300 guests. Air-conditioning was very good also and is accessible directly from the parking lot. No spacious area for cocktails before the reception, which had to be done in the hallway right outside the ballroom.

On the Log Cabins:
We stayed in 1004 the first night and 1018 the second night. A detached log cabin is one big room with a queen-size and double decker, and one bathroom. We already weren't expecting much comfort because we pictured the log cabins as more apt for camping than comfort. Plus, we got the cabin at a very cheap price (2k php good for 4 pax with 4 set breakfasts included.. I think the special price was because we also booked the ballroom). Anyway, our purpose was really to avoid rushing during the long drives from and to Manila.

Queen-size bed in 1004 was bigger than 1018, but the mattress in 1004 was thinner. We requested for an extra single mattress which was free, and it was even more comfortable than the one on the bed. The mattresses on the double decker were alright. Sofa is small but comfortable. Hot water shower is unpredictable. No shower curtain so you get a good portion of the bathroom floor wet when you shower. Toilet seat was detached when we came in; we had to attach it ourselves. We asked for a remote control for the TV but were told no more remotes were available. We requested for a thermos with hot water and some cups since none came with the room, but again none were available. No refrigerator here either. TV has some cable channels.. Maybe a grand total of 15, but several are in foreign languages. HBO and the discovery channel were our late night staples. Black tree ants tend to crawl in from outside since there are trees and plants right outside, so just make sure you bring a bug spray to protect the cabin from insects. Air-conditioning unit in 1004 was operated by remote; the one in 1018 had to be turned manually. 1004's interior was varnished wood; 1018's was painted white. Lone mirror was in the bathroom. 1004 had a lamp by the double decker bed area, 1018 did not.

On the food:
Breakfast on day one was a choice of tawilis, ham, tocino (sweet meat) or corned beef hash with a cup of garlic rice, a fried egg, and juice and coffee. On the second day, choices were chicken adobo, ham, or fried bangus. Food is OK but this set is too expensive. It costs 180php if it doesn't come with the room.

On the area:
Very big, lots of open spaces, greenery, and rooms. This resort is a potential venue for conventions, team building, retreats and recollections. There were actually a few groups staying there when we went, and i think they held their sessions in some of the function rooms adjacent to the ballroom. There are swimming pools near the lobby and Veranda cafe, and wifi in the lobby is very good.

1  Thank im0206
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in the Log Cabin Room with 3 others friends.

The Good:
- The place is accessible to public transport and along the highway, just few minutes away from Tagaytay.
- Front Desk staff was accommodating although if you ask one of the new ones, its seems that they were always unsure of their answers.
- Reception area is huge
- Log Cabin Room is big with hot and cold shower.

The Bad:
- The bed in the Log Cabin room is really bad and uncomfortable. The mattress is old and worn out.
- There's only one light switch for the main room and bed room, if you decide to get up in the evening you'll wake-up all the others when you open the light.
- The bathroom is big but the toilet is not sturdy, it moves / sway when your sitting on it.
- You can hear and feel the vehicles on the highway from your room. The room shakes when a bus or truck pass by.
- At the Veranda Cafe (main restaurant), the food was okay although some on the menu were out of stock and the karaoke machine was loud and very annoying. It was the restaurant crew who was singing their hearts out when we had our dinner the first night.
- The restaurant closes at 10PM and don't have any alternative nearby.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends