“The worst sports and country club ever!”

Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Reviewed December 27, 2011

When we arrived, the place looks good. The lobby was big and the swimming pool looks nice. So we started to think that this is a good place to stay. But when we checked in at 3pm, the room was still not ready. It was past 4pm when we got our room. The first room they gave us was terrible! It was dirty and stinky , it seems like that room was not used by a guest for a long time. The floor was dirty, the CR was disgusting, no shower curtain, no TV, no telephone and the list goes on. So we demanded for a room transfer. They transfered us to the next room which looked better than the first one. Though the CR still looks a little dirty and no shower curtain, the smell of the room was fine and there was a flatscreen TV and a phone! We settled for that room already. After unpacking all our things, we were ready to explore the place, we couldn't open the door, we were stocked inside! We called the front desk for help 4-5 times but no one came. After an our or so, we gave up waiting. Good thing I have a swiiss card and we tried fixing the door ourselves. After dismantling the door knob, we were able to get out of the room. We went to the front desk to complain that no one helped us, they just gave us a smile. Horrible horrible service! The Worst!

Room Tip: Never get a log cabin room, its the worst type of room they have. Maybe the one in the building is b...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Apple T

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My brother got an online deal where it's P1,999 for 4 persons. We decided to visit December 18 (Sunday) and check out the next day. Since it was my brother's treat and they did all the research and the reservations, I had very little expectations about it. I was just there to spend time with family and have fun.

Lobby was okay, quite big actually but it lacks direction as there were seats and sofas everywhere. As it is the Christmas season, there were decors everywhere but I have to say the design is lousy for a Country club. Now, first impression is beginning to set in...

As we came from a long road trip, we hurried to the restroom which was just beside the locker/shower room (intended for those who used the pool). It was very, very old, almost all the lockers are broken. Only one or two shower heads are working.

The pool was okay - they have for kids and adults but not even one chair for those who wish to take a rest from the water. As I just looked after my daughter, I had to stand up.

Other amenities?? For me, it's not expensive but it is UNREASONABLY priced.

The foldable bicycle is P200/hour (which is fine) but it's rusty, some have flat tires...
The videoke room is P2000/3 hours (which is fine, again) but you have to pass through a very secluded, dark place before you could go there... and it smells so old and creepy.
They have basketball and volleyball for rent at P200/hour but you have to walk very far to reach the place where you can play (to think that it is charged hourly)
The kid's playground is free to use but it's rusty, dirty and very old.
They said they would call us for the "tour" but they never did.

We could forgive the lack of attention to the amenities... but not the discomfort caused by the old spring bed and the worn out pillows that we got in our Log Cabin room (Room 3004). It was so old that you would feel the springs when you sit down or when you lie down.

The room interiors just didn't make any sense. There were so many cabinets with no function at all...

The food was tasty... serving size is okay too. I just gave out a raised eyebrow when the waiter gave me a piece of paper (when I asked for the menu) and told me that those are the only dishes we can order because that's the only one that they have (by the way, there are only around 5 or 6 options). It was a surprise for us because it was a weekend, they should have expected guests to be coming in and we do reserve so they should have an idea.

We had fun as a family because we were together... we have one voucher left for another visit... Sadly though, I don't think we will be using it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gabby_dear
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Husband and I attended a retreat there over the weekend and although I have been hearing this place a lot especially when we were planning our wedding a few years back, it was my first time to actually be in this place.
Now, being the "planner" that I am, I of course read past reviews here at TA before going.
I kept my expectations low.

Well, the resort is not too bad at all. Definitely better than I expected.
The lobby was huge, the ballroom was GRAND, the people were warm, and the place is really spacious.

If there is anything that I really did not like that well was their LOG CABINS.
The room was HUGE but it was obviously lacking in planning and interior decoration.
The toilet was VAST (husband said that he could even play basketball there with our son).

The beds and the sheets were "old" and you would not even want to put your head there.
Good thing I brought my own sheets and pillows too!

This place could be better.
I hope they read this and act on it as their property is really promising.

Won't stay there again if i have a choice as there are lots of charming places to stay in when you are in Tagaytay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Myra P
Reviewed November 16, 2011

heard of this place before but forgot about it until i came across an online group buying promo. it was mid-august when we went so there was a bit of drizzle making the weather really good for - well, snoozing. the clubhouse is really nice, the kids loved the swimming pool and playground. we loved the open spaces and yes, even the (super) mini-zoo. the staff is commendable too with their politeness and warmth.

my ONLY real issue with it is the room we were given. granted that we had it at a promo price, but on the deal they said, 2 queen sized beds. we were given 1 bed and a mattress on the floor. sheets were clean but old and smells like it came from the hospital, maybe they had the same laundry service. the room was quite bare except for a cabinet w/ shelves, a sink and a tv with a cable box that didn't work. i appreciated the staff who tried to fix it though. the bathroom didn't have toiletries so we had to buy shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc when we went outside. you also have to bring your own cups, utensils, plates, etc by the way.

the place has a lot of potential, it would really cater to the whole family once it gets a much-needed make-over. it's actually not bad when you JUST need a place to sleep in while in the tagaytay/batangas area, but remember to bring everything you'd need for an overnight trip, coz they might just not provide it for you.

also, i loved that it's so near caleruega.

over-all, for now at least, it's not a place where you'd bring people you'd want to impress.

2  Thank qualityme
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We're not happy with service at all. Service is inconsistent. We were trying to book a room over the phone and we're told that they're already full. Upon trying to book via the internet, we were able to book a room. Manager told us he'll upgrade our room as an apology, it turned out he did upgrade our room but charged us the additional rate for the upgrade and did not even give a discount.

When we got to the room, the lay-out was pretty confusing. There is a living room where the TV is, not in the bedroom. So if you want to watch TV, you need to go to the living room-- you can't watch it while you're in bed.

The bathroom is pretty spacious, but bare. With the white wall and floor tiles I can't help but feel that I'm in a hospital. The towels they provided us with are so thin and pretty worn out. And the sliding door is so heavy and difficult to open and close. The saving grace is that it has a working hot shower and water pressure is pretty good.

And the bed, it's just two single beds that were placed together. We were about to doze off for an afternoon nap but couldn't because of a musky smell from the sheets. They had to replace the mattress and the bed sheets to convince us not the leave the place. Upon looking at their flyer, we find out that the "hotel" we're staying at was really designed to be a retirement home. This is quite a turn-off actually. On the upside, we appreciate the glass exterior walls and chandelier of the building. And the purple velvet couches in the halls adds a nice touch to it.

We're also disappointed with the food. For breakfast you only get to choose from Corned Beef, Hotdog, or Fried Fish. They even serve it to your plate and cannot go back or ask for more. For ala carte dishes though, the taste is okay and the serving is good for about 3 pax. Their location is inaccessible to other restaurants so you're pretty much stuck there.

The place is pretty big and it's too bad since management did not really consider how to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. Instead of having a relaxing and enjoyable weekend, we ended up looking forward to going home instead.

3  Thank Ykn0tt
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I had the chance to try this hotel through an online group buying promo. I wasn’t expecting anything, just a good place to sleep after exploring Nasugbu to celebrate my birthday. Alas! I did not only have a good nights sleep, but had an excellent day too!
The place was great…so big with lots of family/friends/team amenities to choose from. They have billiards hall, sandy (yes..white sand) pool area, an obstacle course, a wall climbing facility, a fishing area, a horse back riding area, a playground and a jogging path. The rooms are not typically the ones you see at a regular hotel, (oh well, this is not really a hotel, more of a sports club), in here, rooms are like a log cabin with big beds, big bathroom, big tv in an equally big room. So big that my daughter can actually practice roller skating. Standard in room amenities includes 4 bath soap, 4 liquid soap and two towels. No hot and cold shower though.
Our cabin is far from the main building where the pool, restaurant and front office are located but we did not even fret because the resort has their own shuttle service that will drive you to any point of the clubhouse. Secured and ample parking is also provided for. Customer service, standard, nothing exemplary except for the housekeeping department whom we called in the wee hours to fix our television set that suddenly blacked out after my husband click something from the remote that has Chinese characters.
Oh yeah…another unique feature of this place are the lined up statues, the vegetable farm and the cool, fresh and pure smell of nature that is totally relaxing and worth it.

5  Thank Charmedjinx
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Chateau Royale has potential as a resort although they need to start improving as the not so good stuff are starting to pile up.

PROs
1) Room was huge – big even for 4 people
2) Staff had genuine smiles on their faces (except for one at the check-in counter. It’s just one so I still commend the rest.)
3) Organic veggies for sale at very reasonable prices
4) Lots of greenhouses so good if you like veggie planting and orchids
5) Early check-in wasn’t an issue. Room was already available.
6) Time and distance aren’t underestimated like most hotels and resorts do when you ask them how far the place is.
7) The place feels safe with security guards visible near the cabins.

CONs
1) Amenities are pricey that it ends up with no one using them. I didn’t see anyone avail of the bikes, the spa, the billiards, the horse ride, and fishing in the lake. It’s a waste really that they have all these activities and actually advertise them but no one really uses. They could at least offer maybe free use for an hour or so for each guest.
2) a lot of things had to be fixed in the room: aircon wasn’t cooling, phone had no dial tone, pillows had no cover, no remote control for tv, no towels, and no hot water. We didn’t get to report the hot water as we found out already late and phone wasn’t working so couldn’t call to report. They got to sort out the rest but would be nice if we didn’t have to witness all the fixing while we were already there, right?
3) Cars passing by the main road could be heard so if you’re a light sleeper that might be an issue.
4) Need to improve disseminating information about the tours and dining options.
5) Some things and amenities are looking tired. A bit of renovation should do the trick.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank chie88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Coral Beach Club
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Pico Sands Hotel
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!