“great resort”

Club Punta Fuego
Manila, Philippines
“great resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in one of the casitas for one night, as part of our company outing. Traffic was terrible both ways (from/to Manila) and so it took us forever to reach the place, and get back home. And the sign on the road indicating that you should turn left already, was I think too small. If you are not paying too much attention, you could easily miss it and get lost. Nevertheless, the resort made it all worth it. The place in itself was impressive, from the nice houses you see on the road, to the casitas themselves, and even the services and facilities offered. The casitas were big in size, with 2 double beds, a sitting area and a veranda with a great view of the bay. The shower/toilets were unique in the sense that one side faces a small open area which you can use to hang your wet clothes. It somehow creates a feeling that you are outdoors, and yet the enclosure gives you privacy.

The food in the breakfast buffet though could use some improvement in terms of offering more variety. The food were more for the locals than anything else, with things like corned beef, longganisa, chicken tocino and the like. We were looking for something basic like bacon, but there was none. The dinner buffet was much better with a good variety of food.

We also enjoyed their pools a lot, which were actually the highlights for me. The view from the double infinity pool was great, and the water was a bit warm, probably because of the weather too. The beach was not that great though - just good enough.

Overall, I would love to go back to this resort again. Maybe we just need to take note of the peak days/hours when travelling, to avoid the heavy traffic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hopebaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Of the places we stayed on this trip, including Caramoan and Coron, the facilities at Club Punta Fuego were by far the nicest. Our Casita room was spacious and nicely furnished, with a veranda facing the bay. Great bathroom/shower!The clubhouse and various pool facilities were world-class, very nicely done, sparkling clean. All of the staff were friendly and very accommodating.

The main problem we had was with the restaurant, to which you're pretty much captive, though maybe more in regards to the service than the food. The food was average, nothing special, although a tuna salad at lunch was nicely done. Service however was very slow, to the point of being inattentive. It demanded patience to get a refill of coffee in the morning (not something I have a lot of until I've had my coffee!), a good 20 minutes to get an order of scrambled eggs. A buffet dinner didn't have a lot of choices and the quality overall wasn't that good.

A nice although pricey resort if you want to relax and take advantage of the facilities, unfortunately the restaurant doesn't live up to the rest of the place.

Room Tip: The casitas are very nice, with what seems the best (ocean-front) locations. Didn't see the othe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We've been looking for a resort with a pool and a beach. Club Punta Fuego was perfect for my son's 1st beach experience.

Beach - better than the other Nasugbu resorts. Clean, clear. Though it requires some traveling but the resort provides shuttle.

Hotel - basic amenities.

Food - delicious

Ambiance - What I like here is the peaceful and quiet environment. It is not crowded.

Pool - there are many choices. Water is warm. My son enjoyed the lower beach pool the most.

Staff - courteous.

Travel - 3 hours from Manila. May 5-6, 2013.
Traveled with my husband and my 2-year old son.

2 Thank h0tp1nk
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just one night and wished I had stayed longer to enjoy the facilities! Stayed in one of the UG (underground) rooms. As awful as that sounds, it is actually one of the pool facing rooms and rather close to lobby. Wished we had one of the casitas instead as those were bigger. Nonetheless we were very happy with the room and especially the in-room massage! Service is a tad slow but the staff were helpful and polite. Breakfast spread limited. Pools look very good though we didn't have the chance to try it

• Stayed May 2013
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I traveled with my family and office mates.

We arrived in the middle of the day and it was hot and humid. Reception is an open area so it's hot and uncomfortable if you're waiting for your room to be available. Good thing we have complimentary use of the function room where there is ice cold water, tea, coffee, free wifi, karaoke and outlets to charge our gadgets.

The front desk kindly offered that we leave our baggage at the reception before we go to the function room to wait as they notice that I'm pregnant. However, when we were at the room already and I called housekeeping to ask if it will take a long time to send the baggage at our room they said they'll send it. It took me 5 calls before they sent tha baggage. Every time I offered to fetch the baggage myself as my daughter is asking for her milk and is having tantrums already. When housekeeping arrive he said that he's the only one sending out the baggage. I understand that but they could've told me to that sending the baggage would take them more than 20mins I'd insist on getting the baggage myself.

Check the minibar checklist. It doesn't match the contents.You might get charged. Bring your own water if you mind paying Php74 (almost 5x normal price) for a 500ml bottle of distilled water. Complimentary water is 2 bottles of 300 ml bottle.

There's complimentary tea and coffee (instant) and electric kettle you can use. The bed is big and comfortable. I like the room lighting. I LOVE the sea view at the veranda. Nice to have your wine or coffee. Lots of closet space for your things. Bathrobe and slippers are provided.

The room is spacious and plenty of space to run around for toddlers.
Room is very clean except for the AC opening which is almost darkened and icky. Humidifier/air freshener is provided. Lots of outlets to charge your gadgets. The room is not carpeted. Toilet has bidet.Toiletries are so-so.

You can't find some rooms easily because their hidden behind doors. This is specially difficult if you try to locate your room for the first time like in our case there are no staff to assist us to our rooms. We are 21 in the group occupying 7-8 rooms.

Lots of choices for the buffet breakfast. It could be hot when you dine outside but it has a great view of the sea.

Children's pool is not too sunny. Infinity pool has no shade.Nice deck chairs and sunset was nice.

There's some film showing for current movies for the family. But we didn;t get to try this. Heard that there's an indoor playground as well.

To go to the beach you must board the shuttle. Your kids can get by without aqua shoes. There's a pool and playground near the beach as well.

There's Fuego point to watch the sunset but it's not the normal route for the shuttle. Either you do the special request or bring your own car there.

Plated dinner is expensive. Small serving. Taste is so-so. But the creme brulee is creamy.

Checking in and out is stressful specially if you're waiting for the staff to process your stay on a hot and humid mid-day.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the pool or the sunset suite for a view of the sea.
1 Thank I_Am_Gretchen
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The club & its resort still continues to amaze me because of its excellent view & very good facilities. I've been to this place many years ago for business purposes but this is my first time to stay here for pleasure with my family. Aside from the outstanding view of the sea & the facilities, food at the restaurant of the main club is also very good. And what's really amazing is the kind of customer service that they provide. All staff are helpful, attentive, proactive & helpful. They act very fast on all requests. First time for me to encounter this excellent service in a place like this. The suite with loft where we stayed is very nice & complete with all things that one would ask for during a family vacation. Its location is fronting the breathtaking view of the sea. It's also very quiet & looks well maintained. All swimming pools are clean & in good condition especially the infinity pool. Although the beach area is not that outsanding, water is clear & sand is fine. Overall, this club/resort exceeded my expectations. We will surely be back here!

Room Tip: Request for a room fronting the sea
Los Banos, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My overall Club Punta Fuego experienced was very pleasant. From the reservation staff, front desk staff. security to waiters, they were all accommodating and friendly. The place was very relaxing and beautiful!

I could have given a rating of 5, if the main attraction, which is the beach, was mossy. Especially in the Terrazas, the place was relaxing with a beach bar, but when we went to the beach it self, it was very mossy and the sand were full of trash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
Canyon Cove Beach Club
Canyon Cove Beach Club
#2 of 4 in Nasugbu
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Club Punta Fuego? Share your experiences!