“amazing view”
Review of Club Punta Fuego

Club Punta Fuego
Reviewed January 17, 2013

the views are amazing, it's worth the drive from Manila, there are at least 3 beaches & are very clean, there;s a diving course available. the buffets have good choices. the services at the restaurants are very good, although only 9 holes for a golf game. there's a mini golf available for a good price the pizza at the il jardinero restaurant was very tasty & price reasonably..our lady of Guadelupe church has a Saturday Catholic mass for residents & club guests

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lyra G

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We have company team effectiveness workshop last sept. 14-15. Overall the resort is good especially the pool. Sadness but we have no time to experience the beach due to no more time for us.

The food is not that satistfy because some menu is the same example lunch yeterday then lunch again the other day..

The room is cute especially the couch and the lampshade.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Lechar09
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel wins the 4 stars, because it has a fantastic pool area and 1 person made our stay very good. Other than that i would only give it 3 stars. The reason is the lack of language skills in generel for the staff. Its very hard to understand what they are saying and dont speak loud/clear. Also we had trouble with the reception made some things, i would consider if not bad, then very unfortunaly. 3 day when we had to leave they forgot to wake us up, after we booked a telephone call, second of all, they made a deal with a local driver about taking us to the nearby city. But the deal was, if not a deal between friends, then very bad for us. Sadly every one in Philippines more or less try to trick you into paying too much, and it was very anoying when also the hotel do this kind of scam. In the breakfast area one guy made our stay very comfteble, even everyone was nice to us. Alberto made an effort in being personal and helpfull, something that is rarely seen. The Area of club punta fuego is big. But it needs at least a supermarket or some better restaurants. The main club restaurant was fine, but the lower beach restaurant was terrible (frozen food), and the yatch club restaurant was closed. For a normal price for this hotel i would give it 3 stars, but since we got it cheap deal, its ok with 4.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lgbarca9
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I saw pictures of the place from a friend of mine and saw the infinity pool. I hadn't been in one before so I had to jump at the chance when I found out it was only two hours away from me. So, I actually booked it for a night with the plans of arriving there early. However, I took the bus and unfortunately took four hours from Manila.

After checking-in, I saw the pool and the view...totally breathtaking. I hate riding buses but arriving there at the resort made me forget all about it. The rooms were absolutely clean and both of them had great views of the ocean. Also to add, the resort has some exclusivity so its a great place to go if you want some privacy. In my stay there, I literally only saw maybe 10 people total.

The buffet was okay (but I'm never a fan of them so I could be biased) but the food from the menu was excellent for the prices. I wish I had a chance to check out the other restaurants on the resort but I was very happy with the one right on the main area. The alcoholic beverages were great and they stock a full bar so you'll have no problem getting your drink here. To mention the service, they ran out of tomato juice for my bloody mary so they actually went and hand squeezed tomatoes for it. Excellent service.

I enjoyed it so much that I extended another day and the staff were very accommodating. I personally can't wait to go back and actually try the other water activities they have there. I literally just lounged in both infinity pools both days.

I actually can't wait to go back and if my mother visits me here, I'm hoping on taking her there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed November 3, 2012

When we were trying to book accomodation with this resort; it took staff one month to reply to a simple request. When we arrived at the resort, there were 5 people at reception and half the time it looked like they weren't doing anything. The road on the way to the resort was not very tourist friendly. Nasugbu is a very poor area and the contrast between rich and poor was remarkable.

The customer service whilst at the resort wasn't as bad as what the other people are saying on this website. The staff at the bar was very helpful and overall service was speedy.

The beaches around the main resort is littered with trash. You had to go to another area of the resort to find a decent beach.

The gym was located a couple of miles from the main resort area so we had to get transport to go to the gym!

We stayed in a Casita and it looked run down. The shower drains smelled pretty bad. They could have used drain-cleaner or something to unblock the drains. Overall the casita looked very well lived-in.

Breakfast was okay. It lacked variety but the best thing about this resort was that it was in the middle of nowhere so we were able to get some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Travel_Buddy169
Raffy B, Manager at Club Punta Fuego, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Club Punta Fuego, Inc.!

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Club Punta Fuego. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, as we strive each day to provide our guests with the finest hotel experience. We only regret that you encountered difficulty in some areas of service, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Club Punta Fuego, Inc. takes pride in its standards of service excellence, your concern was already addressed to Rooms Division and Security Department Heads to ensure continuous improvement of our services.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Club Punta Fuego, and we look forward to being of service to you once again.

The Management

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I took a little three day excursion out of Manila to Club Punta Fuega located in Batangas (Philipinnes.) This is a gem of a resort. I went during the rainy season...so it was nearly empty. Still we had a nice break in the rain that allowed us to swim in the eternity pool, and at the beach. The food was A-W-E-S-O-M-E and the service set the bar high for any place that I will ever visit again.

The crown of the trip came when the head waiter helped to arrange for me a private dinner, away from everyone and everything else. We ate on a secluded patio, under the stars, with candles lit all over. It was the perfect setting to propose marriage. Seriously, in a atmosphere such as this...how could she say "no?"

I will go back again and again.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the house. The paths from the cabanas to the main building (where one may...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 306robertj
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a nice resort about 2 hours away from metro Manila. The room was clean and spacious, nothing fancy or luxurious, but it was good enough for us. Beds were very comfortable and bathrooms were nice. We spent most of our time at lower beach, which was absolutely gorgeous with lots of fun things to do. We rented the jet skis, kids used the banana boat, and some other amenities. Dinner was amazing, we didn't have the buffet but we had a 4 course meal with tenderloin steaks and prawns. Breakfast was good enough with an omelette station and fresh pancakes. For lunch we just orderd pizza on the beach, which went perfect with our San Miguel beers while lounging in the sun.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank daddywarbucks1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
#9 of 13 in Nasugbu
Amara Residences
Amara Residences
#2 of 13 in Nasugbu

Been to Club Punta Fuego? Share your experiences!