“Comfy rooms and nice amenities”

Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The place is great for foreigners and families who just want to enjoy nature away from the city. The rooms are superb and the pools are big enough for a lot of guests. However, the breakfast buffet is too expensive for a resort. They also don't offer in-house restaurant food for room service.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. It was a good thing we brought our own vehicle so we could drive outside the resort to look for cheaper alternatives for food.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank QuellyA

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed last May 12-13, 2013 for a mother's day celebration. Me and my sister with our family. We have rented 2 rooms at the 5th floor - room 502 and 507.

We had this creepy experienced in room 507 which cause trauma with the kids.

Details:
Around 4pm - may 12 - when i was getting this from rm 507 there's a sound inside the built in cabinet - yung sound na parang my tao sa loob na gustong lumabas, kinakalampag ng sobrang lakas ung door at kasaby ng flickering of light. I just ignore it, i went out the room and go swimming.

Around 6-7pm same day - when my daughter and i in the bathroom to take shower and my husband is watching tv the same noise occur again - yung sound na parang my tao sa loob na gustong lumabas, kinakalampag ng sobrang lakas ung door at kasaby ng flickering of light. - we ignore it again thinking its just fr the outside though we both all know its coming inside the cabinet.

The 3rd time and worse of all is about 11pm - 12am of may 12. - we go to our room with my nephew and niece at around 11pm, when were about to sleep, the first is the flickering of lights for about 3 seconds, then i told my husband to call the operator to report. But the line is busy, when he contacted the operator no one is answering. After that we her again the sound - yung sound na parang my tao sa loob na gustong lumabas, kinakalampag ng sobrang lakas ung door at kasaby ng flickering of light. So i tell my husband to call again, after 10trials the other line was ringing but no body answers. The kids are crying because they get afraid off. After a few minutes we hear it again - yung sound na parang my tao sa loob na gustong lumabas, kinakalampag ng sobrang lakas ung door at kasaby ng flickering of light. With kasamang gumagalaw ung door knob ng main door which make us get out of the room and stay with my sister's room throughout d night. We reported it with the housekeeping boy we see at the corridor but he just told us to report it they didnt do anything. They have very poor customer service.

We never enjoyed our stay there, a place so expensive - room and food. The service was very poor. Not an ideal place to stay. We, my family will never come back again with this place - canyon cove batangas. We will never recommend this place to all our friends. Better to look some other place to stay on. Beware to room 507. Its up to you if you want to try....

• Stayed: May 2013
15  Thank Fevie
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked for 2 superior rooms, with a view of the pool and the beach. Rooms are more than expected, 2 double beds, plus another one by the window. Pool is clean. However, the kiosk is do not have supplies for visitors who just want to have something to snack on while on the beach or pool. Only drinks are available, which is, as usual, expensive. Staff are nice and efficient, especially the bell boys. They charge for all water sports, which are expensive! This is a ok place, if you just want to get out of the city and relax.

Room Tip: Rooms are roomy enough to accomodate more than 2 persons.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank adieyap42
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a good overall experience in this resort. This is the first time visited Canyon Cove and travelled with my Family during the Holy Week 2013 (just had this time to write a review).

I will tell my in-detailed experiences from accommodations up to resort check-out.

(1) RESERVATION and CHECKING-IN: Very convenient. Just inquired directly at their email and with ease, I've finished the transaction in less than a day. Reception upon arrival is very convenient. Although in a peak season, the parking is sufficient (able to park my car near in our room) and with ease. Receptionist greeted us with warm welcome and we are able to go into our room smoothly.

(2) ROOM: 1 suite room just fit's us (my parents and two siblings = 5 adults) my little brothers slept in the extended room while my parents and I in the main bedroom. It is amazing that there are daybeds in both rooms as you can see in the picture. Loved the view as you rise up from your sleep. The room we had is very clean and the design is very modern. You can really fell you had a vacation.

(3) SWIMMING POOL: loved the design and it is big enough for so many people who wants to splash out and refresh. The downside of this is that you cannot appreciate it in night swimming - not enough lights in the pool. Hope they can improve this.

(4) BEACHSIDE: The sand is not as powdery as in the beaches in Bohol's Panglao Island, but not as rough as in Laiya, Batangas. It is rocky in the shallow waters but, there is a spot wherein sands settle in shallow waters. Already ok for a couple of hours of swimming. The beach side is serene during night time - very quiet and can be able to reflect for a while.

(5) FOOD: me and 1 of my brother had a breakfast in the penthouse while my parents and other brother is on the regular restaurant. (sad because we are not together dining in on that time). Ok, in the penthouse, there is a large variety of food you can choose from and most of them are well cooked and tastes good. On the regular restaurant according to my parents, same quality as mine and they serve the same set as with in the penthouse. Well, I wont suggest that you dine-in here and pay for them because it is pricey. Try going to "Kainan sa Dalampasigan" (Dining on Seaside) which is 10 minutes from the resort.

(6) CHECK-OUT: very convenient as checking-in.

(7) PRICE: Accommodation is worth it for an overnight with 5 adults + free breakfast + good service + clean and spacious suite room in Peak Season (Holy Week) for about Php. 12,000.00 or less thasn $300.00 - just don't dine in on their restaurant if you want to save money for more delicious meals.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AngPutingKabalyero
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Pool is very large and nice but water was very warm, seawater is good as well but water in shower is colder. I enjoyed a lot because there were only few people that time so there are more space for swimming and resort looks clean as it is not crowded. We arrived like about 2pm therefore, no problem for waiting on long lines for check-in time. Requests for room has been granted; 4th floor and north wing, I love the king bed, however it is far from elevator, so better get one near the elevator. South wing has a pool view while north wing got sea view. I've heard bad reviews for food, therefore we've decided to buy foods from the city (fastfoods available: chowking, jollibee, andoks, inasal, 7-eleven) and brought inside the resort, good thing is that no one checked our bags therefore no corkage fee at all (in which we are expecting). One of the room attendant delivered our towel on the room, but f.o advised us we must get that somewhere. I've tried to order water on there restaurant but they give me instead glass of water with ice for free, which is better coz bottled water is Php85. Also before you reach the lobby you will need to present your ID to the guard for security pass but they didn't get any of our ID :D

So far, we are lucky because we never had those not-so-good-experiences. I think your trip will still depend on how you expect with the hotel amenities and services. Just enjoy your trip, relax and you won't have complaint at all :)

Room Tip: room near elevator, but if you hate noise go further :D
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Month of March when we decided to buy metrodeal vouchers for our vacation. We picked canyon cove's deal which is 2999. We bought 2 vouchers and that is 3 days and 2 nights.

Just like the others, we are not familiar in Nasugbu. So we decided to look for blogs and reviews on how to get there. There is a blog that mentioned 3 bus terminals that will bring us to Nasugbu. We picked San Agustin Terminal at Lawton. When we got there, a San Agustin bus driver bound to Dasma told us that they are no longer have the Lawton Terminal. Instead, he told us to go at Pasay Rotonda (that we don't know either because we are from Quezon City). It is then we decided to take a taxi to Gil Puyat Station. I asked someone inside the DLTB station if they have a trip to Nasugbu and he said none. We don't know what to do. We asked someone from Jac Liner Terminal and he said we can ride the bus bound to Batangas City then there is a grand terminal there where we can ride a bus to Nasugbu. Then that's it! At Nasugbu, we rode a tricylce going to Canyon cove. It costs 100. I don't know why it is so expensive.

We are able to sneak some foods because the guards did not checked our bags. We had a smooth check in since it is almost 3pm. I expected that there are many people who are lining up to check in. Then a nice manong helped us with our things. He led us to our room which is room 323 North Wing. The room was spacious and has a beachfront view. The food? well we decided to eat at Max's restaurant inside the resort. The cute girl there is very accommodating. Kayaking was fun! and witnessing sun set is a great experience. If you're planning to have a vacation here, I suggest you make it 3 days and 2 nights because 1 day is not good enough to enjoy everything in this resort. And also try to book during weekdays. Overall our vacation is great! we really had fun there. And if someone will ask me if i'll be going back? Definitely YES if there is a new deal at metro.

Room Tip: Choose the room at North Wing. The south wing is under renovation.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chelle A
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's birthday in Canyon Cove lat May 4 to May 5, 2013. Stayed in 2nd floor. The bed is comfortable but the room needs air freshner because of the toilet. It needs more cleaning. Fortunately, there is water to use for cleaning.
Check in was not a problem around 4 pm. Dinner is good since there is Max's restaurant inside and the service is quick.
Lifeguards are always on the look for violators as they keep using their whistle sa mga pasaway. Good job.
Pool is nice and big. Parking is also big and has 24 hour security.
It takes only around 3 hours travel from Manila.

Room Tip: Try South wing, 2nd floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
White Castle Resort & Hotel

Been to Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!