“Nice Overnight Stay. Recommended for Family Outings”

Canyon Cove Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Manila, Philippines
“Nice Overnight Stay. Recommended for Family Outings”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a good overall experience in this resort. This is the first time visited Canyon Cove and travelled with my Family during the Holy Week 2013 (just had this time to write a review).

I will tell my in-detailed experiences from accommodations up to resort check-out.

(1) RESERVATION and CHECKING-IN: Very convenient. Just inquired directly at their email and with ease, I've finished the transaction in less than a day. Reception upon arrival is very convenient. Although in a peak season, the parking is sufficient (able to park my car near in our room) and with ease. Receptionist greeted us with warm welcome and we are able to go into our room smoothly.

(2) ROOM: 1 suite room just fit's us (my parents and two siblings = 5 adults) my little brothers slept in the extended room while my parents and I in the main bedroom. It is amazing that there are daybeds in both rooms as you can see in the picture. Loved the view as you rise up from your sleep. The room we had is very clean and the design is very modern. You can really fell you had a vacation.

(3) SWIMMING POOL: loved the design and it is big enough for so many people who wants to splash out and refresh. The downside of this is that you cannot appreciate it in night swimming - not enough lights in the pool. Hope they can improve this.

(4) BEACHSIDE: The sand is not as powdery as in the beaches in Bohol's Panglao Island, but not as rough as in Laiya, Batangas. It is rocky in the shallow waters but, there is a spot wherein sands settle in shallow waters. Already ok for a couple of hours of swimming. The beach side is serene during night time - very quiet and can be able to reflect for a while.

(5) FOOD: me and 1 of my brother had a breakfast in the penthouse while my parents and other brother is on the regular restaurant. (sad because we are not together dining in on that time). Ok, in the penthouse, there is a large variety of food you can choose from and most of them are well cooked and tastes good. On the regular restaurant according to my parents, same quality as mine and they serve the same set as with in the penthouse. Well, I wont suggest that you dine-in here and pay for them because it is pricey. Try going to "Kainan sa Dalampasigan" (Dining on Seaside) which is 10 minutes from the resort.

(6) CHECK-OUT: very convenient as checking-in.

(7) PRICE: Accommodation is worth it for an overnight with 5 adults + free breakfast + good service + clean and spacious suite room in Peak Season (Holy Week) for about Php. 12,000.00 or less thasn $300.00 - just don't dine in on their restaurant if you want to save money for more delicious meals.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AngPutingKabalyero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Pool is very large and nice but water was very warm, seawater is good as well but water in shower is colder. I enjoyed a lot because there were only few people that time so there are more space for swimming and resort looks clean as it is not crowded. We arrived like about 2pm therefore, no problem for waiting on long lines for check-in time. Requests for room has been granted; 4th floor and north wing, I love the king bed, however it is far from elevator, so better get one near the elevator. South wing has a pool view while north wing got sea view. I've heard bad reviews for food, therefore we've decided to buy foods from the city (fastfoods available: chowking, jollibee, andoks, inasal, 7-eleven) and brought inside the resort, good thing is that no one checked our bags therefore no corkage fee at all (in which we are expecting). One of the room attendant delivered our towel on the room, but f.o advised us we must get that somewhere. I've tried to order water on there restaurant but they give me instead glass of water with ice for free, which is better coz bottled water is Php85. Also before you reach the lobby you will need to present your ID to the guard for security pass but they didn't get any of our ID :D

So far, we are lucky because we never had those not-so-good-experiences. I think your trip will still depend on how you expect with the hotel amenities and services. Just enjoy your trip, relax and you won't have complaint at all :)

Room Tip: room near elevator, but if you hate noise go further :D
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Month of March when we decided to buy metrodeal vouchers for our vacation. We picked canyon cove's deal which is 2999. We bought 2 vouchers and that is 3 days and 2 nights.

Just like the others, we are not familiar in Nasugbu. So we decided to look for blogs and reviews on how to get there. There is a blog that mentioned 3 bus terminals that will bring us to Nasugbu. We picked San Agustin Terminal at Lawton. When we got there, a San Agustin bus driver bound to Dasma told us that they are no longer have the Lawton Terminal. Instead, he told us to go at Pasay Rotonda (that we don't know either because we are from Quezon City). It is then we decided to take a taxi to Gil Puyat Station. I asked someone inside the DLTB station if they have a trip to Nasugbu and he said none. We don't know what to do. We asked someone from Jac Liner Terminal and he said we can ride the bus bound to Batangas City then there is a grand terminal there where we can ride a bus to Nasugbu. Then that's it! At Nasugbu, we rode a tricylce going to Canyon cove. It costs 100. I don't know why it is so expensive.

We are able to sneak some foods because the guards did not checked our bags. We had a smooth check in since it is almost 3pm. I expected that there are many people who are lining up to check in. Then a nice manong helped us with our things. He led us to our room which is room 323 North Wing. The room was spacious and has a beachfront view. The food? well we decided to eat at Max's restaurant inside the resort. The cute girl there is very accommodating. Kayaking was fun! and witnessing sun set is a great experience. If you're planning to have a vacation here, I suggest you make it 3 days and 2 nights because 1 day is not good enough to enjoy everything in this resort. And also try to book during weekdays. Overall our vacation is great! we really had fun there. And if someone will ask me if i'll be going back? Definitely YES if there is a new deal at metro.

Room Tip: Choose the room at North Wing. The south wing is under renovation.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chelle A
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's birthday in Canyon Cove lat May 4 to May 5, 2013. Stayed in 2nd floor. The bed is comfortable but the room needs air freshner because of the toilet. It needs more cleaning. Fortunately, there is water to use for cleaning.
Check in was not a problem around 4 pm. Dinner is good since there is Max's restaurant inside and the service is quick.
Lifeguards are always on the look for violators as they keep using their whistle sa mga pasaway. Good job.
Pool is nice and big. Parking is also big and has 24 hour security.
It takes only around 3 hours travel from Manila.

Room Tip: Try South wing, 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
manila
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days 2 nights. Heres what to expect...
Room- spacious with a terrace...the king size bed was comfortable and my son had his own little kingdom in the bed by the window...its not the cleanest room thou...upon inspection I found rubbish in the form of chips and food wrappers under the bed...quite disgusting really...i had to call the front desk and it took them 3 hours to find somebody to clean it.

Bathroom- again it is quite big but the drain doesnt work properly. And if youre staying longer than one night youd have to ask for daily clean up otherwise they wont clean up

Food-again this is a big disappointment. We opted to look in the town proper for food in some fast food chains rather than suffer their abysmal cooking...

Pool- this i liked ...it was big and since there was not a lot of people when we went there...we were very comfortable...i just hope that they are more strict now in implementing the proper swim suit attires...

Beach- the shore was clean...there were a lot of beds to choose from.

Service-the staff can do with more seminars on how to do their jobs...considering that we were there on a weekday and on a off peak season...their lack of attention to their guests was really bad.

Over all...it was a nice resort to take pictures of...and thats it....it was not relaxing nor was it peaceful...(i actually got into an argument with the next door koreans who were making so much noise at 2 am!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank geraldine682000
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The family had a great time when we first booked a stay at this resort hotel in 2010. So we didn’t have second thoughts booking again this year. It was a let down.

Check in, oddly, was set at 3pm. You have a lot of people coming in late morning to around lunch time from the very hot summer sun and the staff didn’t even bother to step up the pace. A lot of people have had to wait hours in the lobby without airconditioning, without sufficient number of seats, and without welcome drinks. You fall in line to register, and then you fall in line again to check in. Ive never seen a check in process this complicated. I have had better reception from an election precinct. It was unbearable and we decided we’d just get back in the car and drive around for an hour to escape the blistering heat while waiting to cue in again for the check in.

The rooms still impress, but theyre showing their age. The bathroom especially. The bed creaks like crazy and everytime I shift position the wife gets woken up. The window shutters don’t work. For some reason the power trips every now and then. Towels are really worn out; a lot have patchwork on them.

Food is too steeply priced for the quality you’re getting. A barbecue stick or a hotdog on a stick poolside will cost you P90. A can of beer or soda costs P95. And a cup of rice costs P30. And yet for this price the food is served on ill-fitting cartons likely to spill if youre not careful. Very classy. After a round of high cost bland food poolside they never got our business again.

The beach is still great, but it needs cleaning. No one cleans the beach or the few available beachside/poolside casitas. No one. You’ll find remnants of plastic bags, cups on the sand, and ketchup, fishbone and whatever other leftover gunk on the tables.

But the biggest letdown was the reception. On day 2 I asked for our breakfast coupons for the following morning and the receptionist asked me 3 times if I hadn’t already received a set for the 2nd breakfast. Wondering, perhaps, if I just wanted more coupons to give to friends who may wish to partake of ordinary tasting food.

What a waste. This place has the place, the building, the facilities to make a really, really great resort so close to Manila. But it fails in management. Its like the people running this place made it up as they went along, keeping big profits in mind. This place needs a professional manager and a professional staff.

Room Tip: Tip: If you really must go to this place, dont plan on arriving before 3pm.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ac_agati

Travelers are raving about these Nasugbu hotels

Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family (group of 8 adults) went to Canyon Cove last April 27 for a day tour given that it is fully booked and we just wanted to enjoy a nice trip to the beach on a hot summer day. Before we went there, my sister called to check on day tour details and we were told to just show up and thats it. Upon our arrival, there were 6 buses (not coaster, but buses!!) so we already knew what we were up against. A swarm of people all over the place. The parking was busy too so I knew that there were many people - understandable, it is summer. BUT they could have also managed their visitors' volume because their manpower cannot accomodate such huge crowd.

Here's why this is the worst beach trip ever:
1. We paid PHP 800/person for the day trip. PHP 300 was consumable. Not bad right? However
2. Use of locker had separate payment of PHP 100 (where did the 500 go?)
3. There were approximately 1,000 people with just less than 15 shower slots. Unless you are willing to shower outside for all people to see.
4. True that 300 was consumable but their meals were way TOO expensive!! A small piece of grilled squid (of about 5 inches in length) was PHP 420 pesos!!!! Their grilled food was so expensive and of poor quality. The bangus we got gave us all tongue-itch because it wasn't even fresh. The 1 pc grilled chicken (same size as that of Inasal) is PHP 380. They said it was a set meal with juice - that comes from a water dispenser and looked like water with sugar and coloring. Hello? Tetra-pack juice isn't pricey! Their supply of grilled food was so late so they obviously had poor meal and supply planning because they just kept accepting guests and not check on their food supply.
5. My sister ordered set meal from the resto for our babies and was told the meal was PHP 95 pesos, only to be informed that she lacked P600! Laughingly told my sister, she made a mistake it was P300/meal.
6. Their staff was the most discourteous ever. My sister called it poor customer service, I call it ZERO customer service. A carinderia lady would place high in standards for customer service. The head cashier was drinking the same juice they're offering their customers. She was shouting at the phone because the food was late or because she just had no manners.
7. Their canned soda was P95 each. You cannot bring any food inside (not even water) but you can sneak in food (or else what? they will kick us out? :D)
8. Their swimming pools were so full of people the water was cloudy, sticky, and who knows what else is in there. We didnt swim.
9. Their beach had the same amount of people and you'd share water space with those doing kayaking and jet ski. How risky right?
10. They're still up on Metrodeal - so more people can be punished with this kind of service.

The place is nice, they have clean surroundings but their facilities doesn't match up the price you pay. Their customer service is zero so am not sure what else is left for anyone to be convinced and visit that place.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank lindsayym
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Coral Beach Club
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Canyon Cove Beach Club? Share your experiences!