“What other says is true”

Canyon Cove Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Manila, Philippines
“What other says is true”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Reviews on trip advisor helped me to be prepared for our trip to canyon cove. And what other says about canyon cove is true. Here's a list of good and bad points.
Good points

4. Check in time 3pm no consideration even if you drive 3 hours to get there
5. Beach definitely not your type

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank rejoicegirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband's company outing was in this hotel and we decided to go with him for an overnight stay. We booked the suite. Check-in was officially at 3pm but we arrived at 10:30am. We were registered but no room is available yet. Apparently, they were fully booked as early as Friday. We were told that room will not available till 3pm. It was not easy to wait in the lobby which was already crowded with guests; it was not well air conditioned too. We checked the shower room near the pool and was hoping kids could already swim but it was so dirty. We just decided to wait in the penthouse (temporary buffet area because resto was under renovation). I could not believe how crowded the place is. It seems they have no limit in accepting day tours but problem is they cannot cope in terms of service and cleanliness. I witnessed many unsatisfied guests complaining in the reception desk when I had to check every 30 mins if there is an available room yet. Finally we got a room at 1:30 and only because we pressured them. As expected, room was not well cleaned. The tissue box was not refilled. There was bath towels but no hand or face towels. The suite is big though and the only consolation is that they have 2 extra daybeds in addition to the king-size bed. The whole place obviously needs some renovation. The sofa upholstery looks dirty and you will not be comfortable to cozily sit on it.
The worst experience was probably the food. At dinner time, they have no room service nor ala carte. It was only the buffet in 1 resto at PhP 600+/person. The breakfast was not also good. There are many things they could improve on like the presentation of food and their attention to details. It was as if it is not being managed at all.
The pool is so crowded at all times.
You have to expect the worst if you decide to book in this hotel.
It is definitely not a vacation place you would want to go back to.
The staff seems immune already to the guest complains and they were not friendly or attentive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank CynthiaMM_13

Travelers are raving about these Nasugbu hotels

Manila
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Start with the good- location- quick and easy drive from Manila. That's it for the good!

Bad- worst food I have ever seen in my life! I really don't know how people can eat the crap they putout at the breakfast. Oh my, so bad...I could not believe it. Many of the Filipinos there didn't seem to mind it and I really could not understand. Nasty place.

Rooms are pretty small and dirty. Not good cleaning staff. They skimp on bed and bathroom is crap.

Pool- would be great if they cleaned it and if there were not 500 people in it. They bus in people from somewhere every morning along with bus loads of Korean groups. There is not much shade and no comfortable seating. You need to have cash to purchase food and drink at the pool..have no idea why you can't charge it to the room? Weird and management is soooo bad! Even the 10 kids working at the pool admitted how bad their service is and they don't seem to care...laughable. No use ordering the food at the pool as it is way over priced and terrible. We went out to eat every meal. Found one good seafood place in town...amazing there are no seafood restaurants on the sea...first time I have ever seen this. I spend a lot of time in Thailand so I guess I am used to good food and quality places on the water.

Beach- it's fine, but they don't have any comfortable chairs to sit on....just cheap plastic tables and benches. Really strange. They Nickel and dime you like true Filipino style here...nothing is included in overpriced hotel room price. Get boat trips from the guys in the the city..we went on a great trip for 1/5 the price from a local in the city.

I have been here in the philippines for 3 years and have seen some pretty bad places but this one tops it. I wouldn't stay here again for free..honesty. Nasty place with no customer service. Amazing how people would ever come back to this place....

Room Tip: Don't get a room! Spend your cash elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Travis O
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The place itself was very good, the hotel room is very nice and comfy. We had a very nice view from our room to the beach. But staff was very slow in attending needs of customers, some are suplado/suplada, and some are deadma. The beach is nice and clean as well as there pool were very nice. About the food, since we arrived late we haven't tried to have dinner at the hotel so all we had was their free breakfast in the next day, but the food really was not good. I don't know if their buffet were delish but their free breakfast was not good. But, overall i love the place except their staffs whose very slow in giving service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SkyscrapperIyah
Pasay, Philippines
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughter's wish to go on swimming on the Beach with swimming pools. I keep on searching and browsing for resorts nearby Batanggas and I choose "Canon Cove". I never hesitated to book our 2days 1 night stay in a superior room The resort picture ads amazed me and to tell you it is really amazing and cozy... This is one of our gifts to our kids for their academic excellence and also for us to unwind and relax. The room is big enough for 3 adults with 2 kids, the bed and blanket smells good and clean, there CR with Bath Tub is nice.

Never mind bringing towels if your going to stay over night, 5 Towels per room will be given for you at the PADI's Store near the Beach area and another pair of Towel inside the room.

There staff where friendly to assist in your needs.
You could bring in foods without corkage or anything.

There place really is nice for photo opts.

Food... well never mind.. I suggest they should hire a good chef... and there are many fast food nearby about 5 to 10 minutes ride from the resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Marj M
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I found a good deal so we went here for our post-heart's day celebration. It is a 3-hr long drive from Manila.

The room overlooking the beach, is big for 3 adults and 2 kids. I love the bed and the bathroom. But Wifi is only available at the lobby.

There are lots of photo ops at the pool and beach areas so don't forget to bring your waterproof camera. Watersports such as kayaking, banana boat ride, jet skiing and island hopping are available for an extra cost.

Beach towel is free for use during our stay. There are only 2 pools, for adults and kids, but huge enough to accommodate everyone.

The place is near the city, around 15mins drive. You can go outside if you want to find a good place to eat. We tried their breakfast the next day. Food variation is very limited and not so enticing.

The only not-so-good that happened to us during our stay is that my daughter was prickled by jellyfish and it took them 30mins to respond.

Overall, this place is recommended for families who's looking for a quick getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Eranie
Makati City
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Clean beach, fairly fine sand, waves are minimum, great for swimming and other water activities

Very nice pool, heated so it's not too cold when swimming at night, has pool for kids and for adults

Rooms are very spacious and homy; stayed in a suite so there were 2 TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the living room); bed is not too soft nor too hard; free toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, slippers; may request bathrobes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank khargayle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nasugbu
Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
White Castle Resort & Hotel

Been to Canyon Cove Beach Club? Share your experiences!