Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Puerto Azul Beach(Cavite City)
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
  • Pool
All reviewsmax restaurantwater activitiesfast foodoverlooking the beachwhite sandbanana boat ridesized beda bit priceyisland hoppingfood choicesadults and kidsbeach towelskiddie poolbeach clubteam buildingkayakref
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2011

i stayed there 2 night in deluxe room. the room nice, but the tv, 50 channels blocked only. no slippers, for daily toothpaste and brush, u better beg, they reload it from alone (even the room is Peso 7,800).
restaurant is the pure horror: unfriendly, lazy staff, standing around only for chatting. you must beg for every single beer. the bill they present you for immediate cash while you begin eat, thats same, as someone force you to leave. the staff cant remember your order at all. begging is a bad thing, if you must pay for. best: when order a botle red wine (peso 1,800), the waiter said: "you must go to upstairs and pick-up!" not sure, for what they are there, and what they are doing, beside chatting. menu didnt show a main course, just entrees, but the size of the portions explain it. nothing a bit international or at least good for a special dinner for 2. after we was so disappointing removed from table, we never eat in this restaurant again, and change to lobbybar. all guest (about 10!) meeting there, and just one waiter was very busy, but we was happy to get 4 mini meals for 2, cooked in LL kitchen. instead beef come cutted hotdog without shame.
resume: as soon, as you had paid (and this on arrival), you are written off for your stay. NEVER EVER AGAIN IN THIS RESORT !!!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank europetraveller44
Reviewed March 26, 2011

staffs are not so accommodating, they seems busy all the time. food served was small as if bird they are feeding not human. really poor service if you are in day tour shower room has only 4 vs 1500 day tour guests... i ask the lady if she can open one vacant room at least to use a shower she said no not allowed... the sea shore is too rocky ...

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank lennyong
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Me and my friends spent the weekend at Canyon Cove.. we are 13 people including 4 kids.. we stayed at one of the residential units.. I must say that the scary unfinished buildings were true.. but our experience was great and we really enjoyed the atmosphere.. the big and clean pool.. there is also a small pool i think intended for the owners of the residential units.. the beach is just fine.. its rocky and i saw a small jelly fish swimming around.. we immediately left the beach because it is the kind of jelly fish that stings.. we did not experience the lousy service of the hotel staff because we did not stay there so i cannot really say anything about it.. overall i can say that our vacation was really worth it.. the children had a great time..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank my_kat20
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My 2 toddler kids and I tagged along in my husband’s teambuilding in this resort.

There were some hassles encountered when the group checked in. They said that they are fully booked hence some rooms were unavailable. This is an unacceptable response because the team building room requirements were coordinated in advance. This eventually got sorted out after a considerable waiting time.

Accommodations -
We stayed for 3 days, 2 nights in an executive suite. Our room had a king sized bed and bay window bed that can comfortably accommodate our two kids (or 1 adult). It had a spacious living room (I counted 3 long sofas) with tv, kitchenette and powder room. For the rate that we are paying, I was disappointed with the room. It didn’t have a luxurious feel. There was no room safe. Bathroom didn’t have any bathtub and toiletries not impressive. Coffee/tea maker consists of 2 sachets of instant coffee. You are better off in staying in a superior unit.

Food –
We had buffet meals all throughout our stay. We felt cheated because the food sucks! The quality and range of food offered failed to justify the exorbitant price that they were charging. We consistently gave our feedback to the resort staff serving us. There is nothing much they can do though. If the resort cant bring down their food prices, the least that they can do is to get better chef/cooks to man their kitchen.

Beach/Pool –
The beach is clean and the waters are clear. The resort offers the usual water activities – jet skiing, kayaking, island hopping etc. The pool is big. Adult swimming pool is 4 ft deep with adjoining kiddie pools (3 and 2 ft).

Resort –
Good location for a quick weekend getaway. While I would have to agree with other reviews on this resort that the unfinished units that would greet you upon entering the resort is creepy, once inside the resort, you’d find the place to be very nice, relaxing and clean. I had to use various toilets during our stay (ie at the dinning area, pool area, function room) and these were consistently clean and with sufficient tissue!

Staff –
Staff were generally friendly and courteous. Our requests (ie additional towels, blanket, ice) were immediately acted upon at no extra charge.

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Probably but I would manage down their expectation where food is concerned.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank xenebugsy
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I feel bad for Canyon Cove for the bad reviews they get from their guests. It sure was nothing like Boracay but it is good enough place for me and my family to spend the weekend together. The location was excellent. The resort was beautifully design. The beach is not polluted unlike other beaches in Batangas. The pools were clean except for few sands that came from guests with no slips on, running from the beach straight to the pool. There were couple of things that even a non-peculiar guests can easily pinpoint in the hotel room. I don't know if it was a co-incident but our bathroom had a dusty floor that looked like it came from the ceiling. The ceiling above the toilet bowl had some stains on it. When I opened the wooden window next to the bed, I found a cockroach stuck between the glass and the window. The safe was unopened making it useless for the guests to keep their valuables. My bed sheets even it was fresh linen had an apparent bloodstain on it, hidden underneath the comforter. It didn't bother me so much since the bedroom itself was very cozy. I just pretended that maybe the room had not been occupied for a long time and the staff didn't double-check it. I appreciate that the room can accommodate up to 6 people and ideal for friends who'd like to bond overnight. If you chose to open the patio door instead, you can only hear the soothing waves of the beach outside. I also feel bad for the pre-owned condominium units around the hotel. Most of them were unfinished and abandoned, more like ruins during World War II. It looks creepy by day and I wonder how it is at night. I didn't eat breakfast in the hotel or any other meal but my dad wasn't satisfied by it, neither did my brother and sis-in-law. I ate outside the hotel, about 5 mins away is the town proper. Food bought outside is not allowed in the hotel so we had to hide it every time. I realized just now that I didn't ask for any help from the hotel staff. But all of them were courteous to greet us anytime of the day, so it's not fair to comment about their service. Personally though, I find this resort very calming and relaxing. I would still come back here given a chance. I just hope the management will look into the matters raised by their guests so it won't have to be that bad the next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family