“Average”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had visited the North Sea bar quite a few times whilst working in Ghana. I suffered from a bad tummy once or twice after eating there but in honesty I think it was due to me drinking from the bottle when having a beer with my dinner. The food was OK, nothing more. Service OK, set right on the double road right in the centre of town.

Visited March 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“The must stop for a meal in Takoradi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

In traveling to or through Takoradi the Northsea is a must for lunch or dinner. Clean with a relaxed atmosphere and good service (not always available in Ghana). The restaurant is now open for more than 10 years and is a bit of an establishment in Takoradi. Extensive menu with anything from good fish dishes to local African flavours. If you have not experienced it yet - you missed out. Traveling to Ghana on a regular basis I ensure I make my arrangements to have at least 1 meal on my trip at Northsea.

• Visited October 2013
Tarkwa, Western, Ghana
“sweet meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had a lunch here and it was tasty and healthy talk about a local dish in the sekondi takoradi metropolis then look no where else but northsea restaurant.

Visited September 2013
“Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've wanted to visit North Sea restaurant for sometime now, I finally did on 29th June and I was happy I finally had dinner there.we were welcomed by staff who were polite and friendly.our meals were excellent from the freshly squeezed orange juice, garlic shrimps starters, to beef steak with fries and pizza were all nicely garnished and tasted wonderful.
My girlfriend and I can't wait to visit again.

• Visited June 2013
Takoradi
“Terrible place to eat / Bad welcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I ordered a greek salad which came with a "spoiled" cheese. After many back and forth on the type of cheese available, I was given those slices of cheese made for sandwiches!!!! I rejected them and eventually ate the salad with the remaining ingredients (cucumber, tomatoes, olive and salad). when the bill came, I mentioned to the waitress that I could not pay the full price since the salad was "incomplete". This almost turned to a fight with the owner (the wife of the owner, cooking the food) ready to fight with me because I did not want to pay the full price....I had never seen this in my life! Obviously since then I decided not to go there again. Meanwhile the place has changed a bit: added a night-club which does not bring any good value either to the place! Additionally, the food is too often raped/spoiled. Be careful with seafood.

Visited February 2012