“Perfectly adequate”

Premier Inn Bicester Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bicester
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting the area. Very convenient location close to the M40 and Bicester Village. Would also be suitable for visits to the Cotswolds. Only 40 minutes from Stratford upon Avon and about 20 minutes north of Oxford. Clean comfortable rooms in a very quiet hotel despite the close proximity to the main road. 30 minutes free wifi access was useful. No problems with the automated check in. Brewers Fayre just across the car park was a welcome surprise and a pleasant way to finish off a busy day although we did not sample the food. Found it amusing when we asked to barmaid what wines were available and she offered the choice of 'red, white or even rose'. Overall a perfectly adequate stay for £70.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RedKlover
BicesterPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Bicester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, found our 30 minutes free wifi useful, and the check in easy. It’s great to hear that you also found the rooms to be comfortable and quiet.
As you mention, we are an ideal location for travelling around the local areas, with good access onto all main roads.
Your comments about the restaurant will be passed along to the team.

Many thanks, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

No different from any other Premier Inns we have stayed in, because it has only recently opened still shiny and new. Like others was shown how to use to automated check in system upon arrival - not sure why the receptionist couldn't check us in. Room spacious and airy. My only moan about the hotel is regarding checking out, there are no instructions on what the process is at reception, we just left our keys on the front desk only to find two members of staff stood outside the front door having a cigarette. Not an impression I would want guests at my hotel to leave with.

If you are arriving at the hotel from the Bicester direction rather than the M40 beware that you might drive straight past it as the signage is not visible! After you have left the roundabout at the Outlet Village you will see a Brewers Fayre on the opposite side of the road, at the traffic lights turn right.

If you want to eat I would recommend the 10 minute walk into Bicester town centre where there are plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from. We did walk into the adjacent Brewers Fayre but found the staff to be very disinterested, upon arrival we waited to be seated for about 5 mins, the 'hostess' had gone awol and as a previous reviewer had mentioned lots of empty tables but told we would have to wait an hour.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KVJ166

Good evening, thank you for your review,

We strive to make sure all of our Premier Inn’s follow consistently high standards, so that you always know what to expect when you stay. As you say, Bicester has been fitted with the kiosk check in, however you can always choose to be checked in by the receptionist if you would prefer.

I’m sorry that you had trouble checking out, as everything is done on check in, when you come to leave, you are welcome to leave your keys at the desk, however we like to make sure everything was okay with your stay, so I’m sorry that no one was available when you left, these comments will be forwarded onto the reception team.

It’s suggested that you book a table in the restaurants, as they can get very busy in the evenings, I’m sorry to hear your comments regarding this occasion, these will be passed onto the restaurant management to review.

Many thanks again, and we hope to see you again

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our first stay at a Premier Inn and found the reviews on Tripadvisor to be very helpful. Before my husband booked the hotel he rang to ask about the heating issues that had been mentioned in a previous review. He spoke to Jodie who was very helpful and open about the heating issue they had had, but assured him that this had been resolved. We were happy with this assurance, so went ahead and booked a one night stay for 2nd May. On arrival we were greeted by Jodie and the hotel manager Chris. As we had never been to a Premier Inn before Jodie took the time to explain and guide us through the check-in, which in our mind was fast and straight forward and was also advised that the normal way of checking in was available. The room was a lot bigger than we had expected, for a budget hotel. The room was clean and had all the over night amenities that you would need, if not in your room, then in a vending machine. We booked a table in the evening at the Brewers Fayre, but as the restaurant was empty we choose to eat outside. The restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly both in the evening and when we had our breakfast there the following morning. We would recommend this hotel as a place to stay while exploring further afield and a trip to Bicester Outlet Village. We agree with other Tripadvisor reviewers that Jodie is an asset to this hotel brand, and was just as cheerful and helpful the following morning when we spoke to her again. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TBnRB

Good evening, thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

As you say, trip advisor is very helpful for checking reviews of the hotel, and I’m glad that you were able to call in, and Jodie was able to reassure you of any issues. All our staff strive to deliver the best possible service, and it’s great to hear such positive feedback, your comments will be passed onto Chris, Jodie and the team.

As you say Bicester has a kiosk check in, I’m glad that you found this straight forward, and reception helpful, and also found the rooms to be spacious and clean.

It’s lovely to hear you also found the restaurant to be good both for breakfast and dinner; your comments will be passed onto the team.

I’m very glad you enjoyed your first stay in a Premier Inn, and that you will stay with us again. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here last week for work purposes. Firstly greeted by a man who wanted to show me how to check in using the automated check in system which took ages and I couldn't buy Internet access so after checking in I then had to make a separate purchase for Internet which took just as long.
I was then asked by the man for my feedback, I was honest and said that the service was impersonal and inconvenient as it took so much longer. I was told firmly that Premier inn is a budget hotel so services are automated to save on costs. I then proceeded to explain that including bed, breakfast & Internet it had cost me over £90 so in my opinion it wasn't a budget price. At this point the man started to argue the point with me instead of excepting my feedback which I was not happy with and quickly went and found my room.
Later I went to the new restaurant without booking a table, on arrival I was informed they were very busy and I would need to wait about 30 minutes. I could see plenty of empty tables in the bar area and asked if I could sit there and quickly eat but was told I couldn't as this is the waiting area for the restaurant. I then went and sat at an empty table, got the table number, went to bar and ordered my food. Dinner was then delivered to my table so god knows why I was told I couldn't sit there and eat.
Would not recomend this hotel and defiantly won't be visiting again. Very unhelpful staff in hotel and restaurant.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Barry G
BicesterPI, General Manager at Premier Inn Bicester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Good Morning and thank you for your feedback about our hotel.
Our aim is to make every guest's experience special and check in with us should be a smooth, welcoming experience. I am sorry that this did not happen on this occasion and I can assure you that I have investigated the matter and have spoken to the team member and his manager to prevent this happening again.
Our automated check-in terminals are ideal for business people who want to check-in quickly, but there is no reason why we cannot check you in using the computer. The experience should be informal, friendly and efficient and I am sorry that this affected your stay.
Our rates are driven by demand and are always cheaper on-line and further in advance.
The restaurant sometimes put a short wait on when they seat people to ensure that there is no delay in getting your meals to you, but I have passed your comments onto the restaurant GM.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Andy Gelleburn
Cluster GM

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked two nights at this Premier so we could visit bicester village shops and Oxford with my sister for her 60th birthday. Hotel was superb only having opened nine weeks before. The standard was very high, rooms were so quiet the only time we heard anything was when someone closed there door opposite. The only criticism was that there is no proper reception desk or permanent receptionist and you are able to check yourself in if you wish which makes it less personal for me. It also would have been nice to have a bar in hotel although brewers fayre is only opposite. However I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BicesterPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Bicester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Good evening, and thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel

We are an ideal location for Bicester Village, and also have very easy access to the main roads to travel into Oxford. It’s great to hear that you found our hotel clean and superb! Your comments will be passed onto the staff, as we always aim to deliver a great stay.

As you mention our site is equipped with kiosks, however our receptionists are available 24 hours a day, and should be there to assist you through the check in process, I’m sorry that you did not feel the check in was as personal as it should have been.

It’s great to hear that you will stay with us again; we hope to see you soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn Bicester on 15 April 2013. The check in was quite novel as it was an automated machine. Beds were clean, rooms decent but sparse. There is no hotel restaurant but there is a pub about ten metres away. However, the plumbing was suspect as during periodic intervals at night I heard loud bubbling noises from the bathtub. Upon further inspection, I noticed that bubbles/water was regurgitating from the bathtub. It went on for about an hour. I did not report the issue to the manager as it was late (about 11pm) and I was too exhausted to request for a room switch. It's a pity though, because overall it was a pleasant stay with the exception of the plumbing.

Apart from that, location is great as it is within walking distance to Bicester Village Premium Outlet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Good evening, thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant stay, and found the rooms to be clean and the hotel in a great location.
As you mention, our restaurant is a Brewers fayre, this is located opposite the hotel as oppose to being joined onto the hotel.

I’m sorry to hear you had problems with the plumbing during your stay, although as you say, our staff would have been happy to move you rooms had you wished. We always aim for our guests to have an enjoyable stay, and I’m sorry that on this occasion you were let down by these issues. I will pass on your comments to the staff and make sure these issues have been looked into.

I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us again, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was perfect, it was very clean, in a great location. Only minutes from the chic outlet village so i didn't have to walk far with all my shopping. The staff were very nice, especially the receptionist (sara) she was very welcoming. We will definately return when i have saved more shopping pennies

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Good evening, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and as you mention, we are an ideal location for a days shopping at Bicester Village!
Our staff strive to deliver the best service possible, so it’s great to hear that you found them friendly and welcoming. Your comments will be passed onto Sara and the team.

I’m glad to hear that you will return, and we hope to see you again soon.

Oxford Cluster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bicester
Travelodge Bicester hotel
The King's Arms Hotel & Restaurant
1 mi away
Bignell Park Hotel
Bignell Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chesterton
Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40
Best Western The Jersey Arms Hotel
Best Western The Jersey Arms Hot...
#1 of 1 in Middleton Stoney
The Holt Hotel
The Holt Hotel
#28 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Premier Inn Bicester Hotel? Share your experiences!