“Beware!”

Acorn
Ranked #13 of 24 Quick Bites in Bicester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Acorn is part of the Greene King Local Pubs brand. Our pubs are high-energy, upbeat and focused on providing quality food, local ales and fine wine and with 40 Gins to try. Whether you’re a nearby resident or a tourist enjoying a day out, our pubs are welcome pit stops for anyone who enjoys a refreshing pint of real ale and freshly prepared food in a friendly and lively atmosphere, A home from Home experience. Also open from 8am -11am for Breakfasts...
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ate here. Paid for parking. Vehicle problems caused us to call a breakdown service. Naturally preoccupied we overstayed by 20 mins.
£100 fine. On the website management told us to phone and they would sort it out. When we phoned it was a case of tough luck. There's nothing we can do! Beware that sort of customer service!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Acorn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your 3rd review on this, as stated in the original google review from Martin Redford, we asked you to phone to see if we could help. Due you informing us on the telephone that the matter is closed with yourselves & Britannia as you paid the fine before speaking to us, there is nothing we can do.

Write a reviewReviews (761)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went for a meal with my family and the service was very good especially who served us which was Jack who was very help full. I would recommend this place to friends and family 10/10

Greene_K1ng, Manager at Acorn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Lovely to read your comments about your experience, I'll make sure to pass them on to Jack & the rest of the t We hope to see you soon! eam.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way to London as it was a lovely day-we sat outside . The tables were dirty , I wiped with a wet towel and it was black , no staff member came to wipe the table , before our meal was delivered .

On our way out I asked to speak to the manager , who informed me and I quote ‘he didn’t need me to tell him how to clean tables ‘ . Well , obviously we do as they don’t ! However , the toilets were very clean . Food mediocre , wouldn’t bother going again

Greene_K1ng, Manager at Acorn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback, from the manager Joanne

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely day out sampling the menu here at the Acorn. Beautiful pub, good ales and a lovely location. We paid for parking on arrival, and when we ordered our food and drinks it was knocked off the bill. Great day out! Will definitely recommend to a friend

Greene_K1ng, Manager at Acorn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Callumstevens12, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went In around 8pm, departed 3 hours later. Was from out of town so not heard of this place but was convenient. Had some food and drink which I won’t comment on. 2 weeks later I received a £60 parking fine. I arrived in the dark, didn’t see any sign for a parking fee walking from car to pub.
If the management of this place are too stupid to understand the short sightedness of this parking policy then they deserve to fail as they surely will. I’ll pay my £60 but won’t be returning and I urge others not to also.

Greene_K1ng, Manager at Acorn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Gully777, we are disappointed to see your low star rating. Please see pictures on Tripadvisor for signage (taken early evening & at night), Including a big sign at the entrance of our pub. When parking is paid for by our guests, it is refunded at the bar. £3 for 2 hours, £5 for 4 hour & £8 for 6 hours.