“Avoid on bank holidays unless you want to queue to enter some shops”
Review of Bicester Village

Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Bicester
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located less than an hour's train ride from London's Marylebone station, and 20 minutes from Oxford, Bicester Village boasts more than 130 luxury designer outlet boutiques of British and international brands including Anya Hindmarch, Alexander McQueen, Mulberry, Yves Saint Laurent, MCM and Diane von Furstenberg - all with reductions of up to 60% on the recommended retail price. Additionally, Smythson, Temperley London and Vivienne Westwood are represented by their only outlet stores worldwide. Shoppers can travel with ease from London Marylebone or Oxford Parkway directly to Bicester Village railway station alternatively the Shopping Express(R) luxury coach service from central London to the Village. A number of luxury services available at the village, which include, valet parking, an award-winning Visitor Centre complete with multilingual hosts, Hands-free Shopping, and a children's play area. Restaurants include Le Pain Quotidien, Villandry Grand Cafe, itsu and farmshop restaurant & cafe from Soho House & Co. A trip to Bicester Village provides guests with an enjoyable day out and a value-added luxury shopping experience.
Bromsgrove
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Avoid on bank holidays unless you want to queue to enter some shops”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love Bicester but usually visit midweek if ever travelling along the M40. We used it as a stop-off last bank holiday Monday and it was bedlam. Many shops (unfortunately ones I wanted to visit) had tensa barriers outside to control the queues. We had to wait in line for toilets, queue for food then for wait for a table at Pret a Manger and because it was pouring with rain queuing to enter a shop wasn't appealing. Otherwise, I really do love this place.... just the wrong day to visit :-(

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 313 helpful votes
“AMAZING! Shopaholics will be in heaven!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I am a real shopaholic and I only managed to go to Bicester Village for my very first time yesterday and it was better then I could have imagined!

The style of the village is very chic and cool and is actually very big, we went on a Monday and it was quite busy so it must get very busy at weekends. There are so so so many shops to choose from, super designer labels such as Gucci, Alexander McQueen to more high street like SuperDry.

Food outlet choice isn't huge, but good enough to grab a bite - we went to Carluccio's which was lovely after walking round for a few hours.

I managed to get some incredible bargains that I am really delighted with and I must say that every single staff member in every shop was extremely helpful!

I will definitely be returning again after the next pay day!!!

Visited June 2014
6 Thank Adrian L
Catfield, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“First visit”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

myself and my partner visited after being at Silverstone for the morning, we were early arriving-around 10.30am so got parked no problem. but any later and we would have struggled.
limited choice of food outlets, so we left early and had lunch elsewhere.
Some lovely shops and I got some good bargains in le creuset, links and lulu Guinness. However, the place seems to cater more for the overseas customers who come by the bus load.
We found some shops highly pretentious and the staff were rude and unwilling to help. The security guards in most of the shops eyeing you up as you entered the shops put me off.
Im glad we didn't drive all the way from Norfolk just to visit here whilst in the area- as we would have been highly disappointed.

3 Thank shence1
London
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Money money money!!! It's a rich man's world”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

If you're gonna go here then make sure you have lots of money. Now all the shops are designer but back in the day there were lots more high st ones and a more range of shops. There were more bargains to be had back then as prices were lower. Now Bicester is really busy and the crowds are too much hence, the security in most shops. Go before 11 otherwise parking will be difficult. I spent loads in Michael Kors, Furla, CK underwear, Jack Willis and Ralph Lauren Home but most of it wasn't a bargain. You don't pay RRP prices but prices are still high despite being last season. You're better off waiting for the sales. Thank gosh I'd saved up. My husband went to the men's Ralph Lauren but spent nearly 2.5 hours in there and bought 1 shirt. Despite this it was a bargain. However, the shop was a mess, crowded and queues for the changing rooms were crazy. I didn't bother to go to the women's one cos of the queues and Ted Baker was a mess and really busy as was Superdry. I went to Gucci and waited ages but the sales assistant was too busy with the Chinese customers. I walked out. Bicester is marketed more for the foreign shoppers now and they even cater for VIP's. I had a good day out but I won't be going here again. Bicester has changed too much and I don't like it.

1 Thank DD15London
Oxford, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Used to be good...but getting ridiculously too upmarket”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Being a resident of Bicester, I tend to avoid Visiting due to the mad hustle and bustle tourist mecca this has turned into. Originally there were a wide range of shops, designer and other popular outlets...books, toys, and better value to be had. Seems now to be mainly catering for the true designer top end of the market...and some of the prices are far from a bargain, with better pricing and quality on comparable items in some of the high street shops! Sorry...but apart from the Clarks shop, I don't rate the place at all any more and like a lot of locals, keep well away!!

9 Thank WanderingMooo