“F1 w/e revisited!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Bicester B&B and Inns
Dorset, United Kingdom
“F1 w/e revisited!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited this great B&B again for the F1 weekend with another couple and once again it was brilliant!
The rooms have been redecorated in a cheerful sunshine yellow, the place is spotlessly clean, comfortable and spacious. There is a brew kit, which in replenished every day and a fridge with a pint of fresh milk - I've stayed in lots of B&Bs and I've worked in a couple too and I've never had this provision. Breakfast is very good - bacon, eggs, tomatoes and a constant stream of hot buttered toast - lovely!
The Watts family are lovely, they really make our stays a pleasure, see you next year, thank-you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Uxor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Needed a place to stay in Bicester recently, and am very pleased that I called Watts Lodge up to see if they had any room.

The service was mostly friendly, although I did have a slightly confusing conversation with with the manageress when booking, where I struggled to explain that I wanted to arrive in the morning to drop a bag but didn't need to get into my room. When I turned up, I was again confused when the manager laughed off my apology about being there before the room was ready, and showed me straight into the room. I was thoroughly confused when about 30 minutes later the manageress appeared and told me I shouldn't be in the room! It didn't really bother me, and is part of the eccentricity of staying in English B&Bs.

My en-suite room was simply furnished but for the most part very clean and had everything I needed. There was a TV and coffee making facilities, and the shower was very good. The only blemish was a small pile of plaster-dust in the otherwise spotless bathroom, which looked like someone had been doing some DIY and not cleaned up after themselves. I initially put this down to me being let into the room early, but I was a little disappointed that it hadn't been cleared up by the time I returned in the evening.

Still, the room was good valule and the breakfast the next morning was fine, with an excellent selection of cereals. It was also very convenient for the Bocester North railway station (line from London Marylebone). I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank archdeacon101
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times now and every time it's lovely. The owners are welcoming and friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious. The bathrooms are spotless with a amazing power shower. The breakfast is so tasty and fills you up you don't need to eat all day. Can't wait to go there again.
I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone .

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Caroldam
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been in more than a dozen B&Bs in the past 4 months and Watts Lodge was by far the best. The room is spotless and is maintained so during your stay, the bed is massive and really comfortable aiding a perfect nights sleep. The bathroom is very spacious and the room is well appointed and also has a couch to relax in. The Watts family are very accommodating of your needs, allowing me a double room at single rate for a few days until my husband joined me, avoiding the need for me to have to switch rooms. There is ample parking at the front door, shops a minutes walk up the road, a nice safe location and more than reasonable rates for the area.
We will definitely be back. Thanks A.D

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AWDD
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently organised a visit for a grpoup of European teachers visiting my school. They were spread accross two B&Bs, one of which was Watts Lodge. The rooms were spotless, recently decorated and exactly as described. My visitors said that they enjoyed the stay and found their hosts most helpful and accommodating. They became big fans of the 'English Breakfast'.

I will definitely use Watts lodge for the next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael W
Wareham
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stay here monthly and have been doing so for several years. The place is purpose built and spotlessly clean. The rooms are a good size and all have spacious en suites. Ron and Barbara, the owners, are welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast is cooked fresh for each person, while you watch. The price is very reasonable, too. What more can you ask?

Room Tip: There only six rooms - all good.