“One word ... wow!”

Description: Traditional Turkish & Mediterranean
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“One word ... wow!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited the restaurant earlier this evening following a day of shopping at Bicester Village. We went there based on the Trip Advisor review. We weren't disappointed.

Upon approaching the restaurant we were greeted by a very pleasant waitress opening the door. This standard of service was maintained throughout our time at the restaurant.

We had two courses: mains and dessert. I went for the chicken breast and creme brûlée. Both were exquisite - particularly the former.

I can't give the restaurant high enough praise. I would gladly have paid much more for the meal. It's unusual to find such an excellent restaurant with all the attributes (quality expertly prepared food, brilliant atmosphere and excellent service) for such a reasonable cost. I wholeheartedly recommend the restaurant and I look forward to visiting again in the future.

3 Thank Trience4178

• Turkish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,187 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,818 helpful votes
“I'd forgotten how good this place was!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My second visit to this lovely restaurant for lunch after shopping at the Bicester Village.
Really warm welcome & they remembered me from last time I visited. They could even remember what I ordered!
Mixed meze starter followed by my favourite iklender kebab. Absolutely authentic Turkish food & absolutely delicious!
Wish I lived nearer, I would eat here a lot.

8 Thank Leedsaway67
“Best Turkish Food outside of Turkey!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

First of all, please DISREGARD the two terrible reviews!! Apparently those people have no clue what 'good food' is all about, or they were having a really bad day and sadly took it out on the restaurant! I have been there when they are busy, and that is a sign of a good restaurant, but the service and friendliness was the same. Denis is a fine restaurant, the food is the BEST and everyone that works there is kind, thoughtful, considerate and caring. They take pride in what they serve and how it is served. They go the extra mile. I have eaten there on numerous occasions and taken others there who also were pleased. I wandered in one Friday afternoon to check it out after shopping on Sheep Street and was so impressed I took my whole family back and now go probably once a week. Occasionally my friend and I go for lunch. They were great with my kids, so for anyone who has kids and hesitates to take them to a restaurant I highly recommend Denis. My kids love it there and always ask to go back. I highly recommend this fantastic restaurant to anyone. I have never had anything at Denis that was not amazing: friendly people, great food, and ambience. Very welcoming, Basically you feel like a guest and not a customer, as if you were visiting a friends home. I have been there alone, with my husband, with a friend, and with my family and always was welcomed, and treated well! Thank you to all the staff at Denis for making our day! I have no personal or business relationship Denis, just a satisified guest!

3 Thank Travlinldy
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Best Turkish restaurant I have been to - what a gem”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was taken to this restaurant over the weekend by my Turkish friend - and I was wowed. Great food, great service, clearly a very popular restaurant in the area (I recommend you book a table as it was packed all night). I thought the turkish wine was very good value and extremely nice. I cannot fault this place - well done to the owners and staff. I don't live in the area but if I did I would be recommending it to all my local friends and family.

4 Thank Liz R
Alig99uk
“Nice change from Indian!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really lovely friendly restaurant - loved the food and house wine was really good. Plenty of choice on the menu, lovely tender lamb. Made a ncie change

Visited September 2012