“Derek johnson”

Ranked #16 of 19 Bicester B&B and Inns
kensington, London
“Derek johnson”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I work all over the country and my god what a little beauty I found here. I rang at very short notice and the lady on the phone was really helpful and polite she could not do enough for me ie directions, places to eat. when I turned up at Ava house I pulled straight on to the front of Ava house. I found parking an ease. I was met by a charming man called Wayne, he showed me my room and said if I need anything else just bang on his door and he would be more than happy to help. The room was lovly and clean with all modern facilities. I awoke the next day after the best nights sleep ive had in ages. I needed breakfast at 6:45 to be on the road again by 07:15 and Wayne made the best cooked breakfast going. After a hearty breakfast I departed amazed that such nice people still exist. Ive never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, but from my experience you have opened my eyes. Thank you so much everyone concerned

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Derek J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bicester
Reviewed April 17, 2012

From the Owner. This person was offered our country location just outside of the town as an alternative when they called, with secure parking. We are in the business of hospitality and don't speak to anyone as though they are a child. There are other reviews where this person says they have been spoken to like a child!! I think all insurance covers where ever you park. Their review is based on a telephone call, they have never been to the property. And we are not the only review they have on here based solely on a phone call!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
warminster, wiltshire
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I booked four nights over two weeks on line by e-mail in march. Just before I left home to go to bicester, I thought i had better check the parking facilities as it was not mentioned on their website. I telephoned and was told there were four spaces and first come, first served but there was space in the pub opposite and more spaces in the public car park around the corner. As I have an expensive, high profile car, I was very reluctant to park it in a pub or public car park as if anything happened, my insurance would probably not have covered this.
I told the lady this and she very curtly told me I should have checked when I booked. I did apologise for being a human and making a mistake etc. etc., but she was incredibly rude and just kept saying I should have checked - I was spoken to like a naughty child and ended up telling her to forget it - I found somewhere else that was/is brilliant (and with mega car park space). Two B&B in Bicester with owners with dreadful attitudes - Bicester you need to clean up your act.

Room Tip: please see review above
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Spuddy2009

Travelers are raving about these Bicester hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Visited friends in Bicester for the weekend and wanted a bed for the night. Ava House is clean friendly, well priced, what more do you want. Wicked bacon sarnies Wayne, cheers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SimonHaigh
London
Reviewed July 10, 2011

fastastic cooked breakfast+ very big choice of cereals, clean room, friendly chap. thank you Eddy. All the best!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L0nd0nJames
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2011

No frills B&B in suburban estate opposite pub - 15 minute walk from Bicester North railway station. Nice room, en suite a little crampt but OK for one night. Shame shower only gave cold water but didn't find out till morning so no time to see how quickly fixed. Would use again, and obviously has regular clients.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Easygoingtravellor
London
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I stayed here for one night following a wedding nearby. We chose it for the location and it was a short drive from the town centre and it was close to the wedding venue.

My room was a good size and nicely furnished - the bathroom was very small but adequate.

I had trouble with the shower and couldn't get any hot water although when I complained about this, the B&B staff were able to get it working so not sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was an intermittent fault!

The breakfast was good, full English plus cereals, fruit, yogurt etc.

Staff were fine and there was parking at the front on the drive.

Suited us fine as we were a group of 5 adults and two children.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family