Hotel Casa Iguana
Auto Hotel Niza(Tlaquepaque)
Casa Abadia(Guadalajara)
Casa Armonia(Tlaquepaque)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmismaloya beachhot tubturtle pondtony's restaurantpuerto vallartaliving roommexican villagemini martbotanical gardensreal mexicancobblestone streetbus servicecleaned dailysmall hotelrented a carrecommend casaa short bus ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2010

my wife and i stayed for the month of feb. in room 315.. excellent place, clean, and terrific hospitality from the staff, alfonso, louis, diane, stewart caretaker(forgot his name) and cleaning staff...would do anything for you..
they do not have all inclusive anymore, just breakfast...
not 15 minutes out of town, but a half hour, 7 pesos for the wild ride of your life on a bus, comlete with entertainment..loved it,
joe & laurie brugman.....niagara falls, ontario, canada

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank litebros
Reviewed February 24, 2010

So it didn't start off well. We were booked to stay for a week and had paid extra for the All Inclusive package. Well when we got there the restaurant had closed. However the staff gave us a discount and really went out of their way to make our stay nice.

I am glad we stayed because the hotel was just what we needed. Mellow close to the village, great rooms that made it feel like home. I recommend this place for people that want a comfortable place to relax at. This is not your typical giant beach resort.

Also the village up the road is really nice and has a real Mexican feel. I loved it!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank VicVoyager
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in January. We had a big group for our wedding, with about 30 rooms booked over the course of a week for our friends and family. Overall we had a fantastic time at this hotel.

The rooms were big and roomy and kept pretty clean. They could use a bit of an update but we liked the authenticity of them. The hotel has free wifi but you had to sit on the balcony to get a strong enough signal.

The food was amazing. The a la carte menu was varied and everything on it was delicious. The chef arranged a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week when most of the guests were there and this worked out great. The food was fresh and there was always enough variety.

Carlos, Luis, Hugo & Norma were super friendly wait staff. They made our experience at the hotel that much better. We had fantastic service, always with a smile. All of our requests from food to putting up a screen for a slide show to turning up the hot-tub were granted.

One thing we were disappointed about was Mariano, the front desk manager who overbooked the rooms during our guests stay. The onus to fix the problem was on us to collaspe rooms and move some people around. This was a hassle for some and a uprade for others who were moved to the suites. In the end everything worked out but at the time it was very frustrating.

During our last couple of days at the hotel things started to feel a little unsettled. Apprently the restaurant will only be open for breakfast now- thank goodness it was at the end of our stay and most guests had already left as we had paid for the all inclusive option. Hugo and Carlos were no longer working but Luis was doing his best as usual to please all guests. The staff didn't seem to know what was going on.

That said, based on our experience I would recommend this hotel to any group who wants an initmate setting where guests are close by at all time. We felt it was the perfect setting for our group as it allowed us to mingle without having to travel all over a huge resort looking for them. If we return to Puerto Vallarta we would definitely book at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We are half way through our month's stay at Casa Iguana. The staff are superb and the rooms couldn't be cleaner. Yesterday, we arrived back from a visit to the Botanical Gardens to find that the maid had put a beautiful vase of flowers in our suite thus making our 'welcome home from your day trip' extra special.

Unfortunately those expecting an 'All Inclusive' option will be disappointed as, except for breakfast, the restaurant closed down last Monday. Apparently, Stuart, the former manager, is opening another restaurant under the same name in Puerto Vallarta. We had only booked the breakfast option so we were safe but others who had booked the all inclusive option were shocked to find that they had to find somewhere else to eat at very short notice. Only Luis is left from the old staff to serve us breakfast but as previously mentioned, he cannot do enough for those who chose the breakfast only option.

Apart from all the great local restaurants that others have recommended, one of our favourites is 'Juan and Only' on the main street in the village of Mismaloya. Juan opened this place about three weeks ago but through word of mouth it is already becoming very popular. He serves great tacos and his burritos as well as his kabobs are outstanding.

We are very pleased that we chose Casa iguana for our first long stay vacation in the this part of Mexico. We will add another note at the end of our stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maclab
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My son and his fiancee decided to get married in Puerto Vallarta at a very romantic and unforgettable location called Las Caletas which was near Mismaloya Beach and town. After searching through many hotels they decided to use the Casa Iguana Hotel in Mismaloya town as a base for their wedding activities and a place where the approximately 60 guests that attended could socialize and have an unforgettable time before and after the wedding. The Casa Iguana staff was extremely helpful with organizing the stay for our large group and any problems with bookings, etc. were quickly resolved.

One of my son's friends Beej Turner who submitted a review which is just below this review was one of the guests that attended. His comment about the overbooking was correct except he did not mention that the guests, all single males that were asked to share a room, were given a three bedroom suite at the hotel which I understood was the best suite in the hotel. I heard no complaints from them at all about their suite quality which was 3 doors down from mine except that they boasted that they had the nicest suite in the entire hotel. My room was cleaned daily and I never noticed any problems with the maintenance of the pool, hot tub or hotel grounds which were attended to on a daily basis.

The description of the rooms and the hotel grounds provided in the review below by "monica1978" and the location of the hotel described by reviewer "snoutmeat" are dead on accurate. The comments about the store at the hotel are accurate as well. I used the excellent fast and free "wifi" internet provided by the hotel without any problems. Even my new "Magic Jack" worked perfectly "to call free" to the United States and Canada.

The Casa Iguana Hotel is located a short walking distance from Mismaloya Beach and after a great day at the beach or coming back from a 5 to 6 hour boat ride and snorkeling trip it was a pleasure to just "come down" at the Casa Iguana bar and enjoy the quiet, friendly and peaceful atmosphere with our friends and family. The lively "Texas Holdem" games were also unforgettable moments and my son still mutters about me calling with only a 10 and Jack on an "all in pot" - I guess it was a good call as I won a huge pot with a two more tens showing on the turn and the river cards.

Boat rentals for 5 to 6 hour snorkeling and fishing trips are available for a reasonable rate at Mismaloya Beach - be sure to negotiate the cost before boarding - rental includes the boat operator/guide and sometimes a helper - snorkeling equipment can be provided/negotiated by the boat owner for a reasonable rate as well - 10 of us rented a boat for two snorkeling trips at a cost of about $20.00 per person - bring your own drinks - ice provided by the boat owners. Be sure to do one of these unforgettable trips to snorkel Los Arcos - Quimixtos - Majahuitas or any of the many other snorkeling locations nearby as these are the best snorkeling spots in Puerto Vallarta and all are near Mismaloya Beach.

Returning to the Casa Iguana Hotel after an outing feels like you are coming home. We used the Casa Iguana Hotel food and drinks all-inclusive option added to our room cost which was extremely reasonable even if you ate out a few times at the nearby beach or Mismaloya town restaurants. We were introduced to the excellent chef and the kitchen staff at the on site Boca Bento restaurant. The food was always plentiful, freshly prepared, delicious and the restaurant service by "Captain Carlos" and staff and his forever smiling young protege "Hugo" was second to none. They were quick to accommodate all food service requests - right down to my need for "American Sauce - ketchup" for the delicious breakfast omelettes.

I also can't forget to give my unqualified recommendation to "Luis" the bartender whose service was super behind the Casa Iguana bar and he always had a cold "Pacifico" awaiting when I approached. My suggestion - if you need any local information don't forget to ask your bartender.

I have traveled and stayed many times along both the West and East coasts of Mexico as well as through historic Central Mexico and truly feel that my first stay at the Casa Iguana Hotel ranks right up at the top of my favorite places to stay in Mexico and when I return to Puerto Vallarta - I will definitely stay there again.

If you choose the Casa Iguana Hotel on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta be sure to include the all inclusive meals and drinks option as part of your stay and don't forget to leave the hotel, restaurant and bar staff a minimum tip of few dollars or more daily per person in your group for their friendly, impeccable and super service during your stay. It's well worth it! The staff worked their butts off for our group during our stay.

This is the first time I have ever written a review on any place I stayed at in Mexico and I visited Mexico many times since 1971 including 3 trips to Puerto Vallarta and Mismaloya Beach. Please try the Casa Iguana Hotel on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta - their web site has toll free numbers and friendly staff to easily book your stay.

"Hola" Casa Iguana Hotel - Carlos - Luis - Hugo - and staff!

• Stayed: January 2010