Hotel Casa Iguana
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
Hotel Platino(Guadalajara)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmismaloya beachhot tubturtle pondtony's restaurantpuerto vallartaliving roommexican villagemini martbotanical gardensreal mexicancobblestone streetbus servicecleaned dailysmall hotelrented a carrecommend casaa short bus ride
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We really enjoyed our trip to Puerto Vallarta. Casa Iguana hidden paradise, still very affordable. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. The staff is very welcoming and a joy to be around. Very good place to stay if you'd like to get out and explore the area. Local bus system runs about every ten minutes, only .$60 to town.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Bebotero
Reviewed January 20, 2009

When we booked our stay at Casa Iguana we didn't know what to expect, however, after six wonderful days we are completely hooked. The local family like staff was excellent, our rooms clean, the food sublime. It was the perfect mix of local charm and the comfort of home.

Mismaloya also turned out to be a peaceful gem with plenty to do and see for the week. Buses ran regularly (every 10 minutes) and we never felt trapped even though we didn't rent a car during our stay. Puerto Vallarta was easy to get to but not a place we wanted to go.

As for our favorite things to do in Mismaloya we recommend getting a massage, taking a horseback ride, hiring a boat for a day on the ocean or zip lining.

When you stay at the Iguana be sure to eat at their restaurant which will be a hit with any foody. This is not your usual hotel food, this is quality cuisine. We especially recommend Sunday brunch. All we have to say is bottomless ceviche bar... a true dream come true.

We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank LaFamiliaSeattle
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I stayed here in Dec 2008 and my family was more than pleasantly surprised at how good this hotel was. After a few days in Puerto Vallarta we were glad to escape the plastic tourist scene and try and experience the real Mexico. For once the rooms were better than they looked on the website and their restaurant (Boca Bento) was nothing short of sensational. Great menu, a good variety of dishes that we had never experienced before (being from Australia), and fun waiters.

It was funny to see the seasoned travelers who had read the reviews on trip advisor and rushed in to check the spa temperature. The spa was so hot I had to keep asking them to turn the heat down. No problems with the hot water in the room either. No stray dogs in the hotel either!! These issues have all been fixed.

The manager (Stewart) really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and gave us some fantastic advise on activities.
Some of our favorite things here were:
1. Cooking Class with the chef from the restaurant.
2. Hiking to the Predator set (where there is zip lining)
3. The beach nearby.
4. A day trip by water taxi to Yelapa
5. A visit to the zoo up the road (where else could you pat a hippo and hold a lion or jaguar?)
6. Buying fresh hot tortillas from the local shop
7. Visiting the local tequila distilleries.
8. Zip lining
9. Improving our Spanish with Carlos the waiter from Boca Bento (my kids loved this).

So heaps of activities nearby. A clean, cheap hotel with hot spa, good pool, the ability to cook some meals in your room if needed, and a truly wonderful restaurant .You are also only a short 60 peso bus ride from the hustle, bustle and inflated prices of Puerto Vallarta. After traveling extensively for six weeks, this place was by far my number one favorite.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank AussieShane
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Wonderful Time
I visited Mex. in late Dec. /early Jan. of 2008/2009. I was pleasnatly surprised by the hotel and its facilities anhd services. I was able to get in and out of PV easily with the local bus service which saved me the hassel of driving the roads and narrow streets of PV. My room was great....the service prompt....everything clean and enjoyable. I could not have had more firendly people "taking care of me" any where else I am sure. I would return again and again if I had the chance. The hotel seems good for any age...and I saw a variety of ages there.
Thanks for a wonderful holiday......LLL

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank lindy1776
Reviewed January 15, 2009

The Casa Iguana is a relaxing hotel away from downtown Puerto Vallarta in the up and coming area of the Mismaloya River. Although there are numerous restaurants in the area, we found ourselves eating at the hotel most of the time because of the excellent food. We enjoyed everything on the menu. Downtown is a 15 minute ride by taxi or the beach is a ten minute walk. Recent improvements in the infrastructure will open up a nice area up the hill from the hotel. There are several nice restaurants, tequila distilleries, and a very nice zoo with animals that you will see no where else. The hotel manager Stewart is a great host and very knowledgeable about the local area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple