“What fantastic food. My new benchmark.”
Review of Thaiways

Thaiways
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Albion
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Asian food is always popular and at Thaiways in Albion, you will always get exceptional Thai cuisine.we also offer individual entrees, Chef Specials, Stir Fried dishes and more. If you're hungry for something hot and spicy, try our wonderful Green Curry with your choice of roasted duck, seafood, tofu and vegetables, chicken, beef, prawns or pork. Other delicious offering at Thaiways include our traditional Pad Thai .
Kingston SE, Australia
“What fantastic food. My new benchmark.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I visited Thaiways for the first last night and all I can think of is where has it been all my life. I went with friends who are asian (admitedly Chinese) and live in West End, the traditional asian/thai restaurant mecca for Brisbane, so for them to be willing to travel all the way to Albion for thai certainly raised some eyebrows initially.

It shouldn't have. The food was delightful. Supremely fresh, zingy and full of flavour. Nothing overbearingly hot and every single meal we ordered was fantastic, there wasn't one disappointment, every entre' and main dish were standouts.

What's more, I found the prices to be on the high side of reasonable, certainly not expensive. I think I will be driving to Albion from Hamilton regularly to eat here.

• Visited June 2012

Australia
“YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I moved to Brisbane 15 years ago and was introduced early on to this wonderful "sleeper" of a restaurant. It's dated decor bely a fantastically delicious Thai menu, that sees it's patrons returning time and again for their tasty dishes. The massaman beef is superb as are most of the dishes on the menu. The staff are only too happy to make recommendations for you and I have to say, they have never let me down. Dine in or take away, reasonably priced dishes. A must-try experience!!. Close to public transport and the city.

• Visited May 2011
Australia
“One Thai restaurant to avoid.”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We were a family party of four celebrating a birthday. It was mid-week so the restaurant was not busy. First of all the air-conditioning was up too high. Ok so I should have brought a jacket. After a wait I was told the meal I had ordered was not available. I only ordered fried noodles and chicken for goodness sake. Meals came out staggered, with too long in between, so that each of us had to begin, otherwise the meals would have been cold had we waited to eat together. One member of our party had already stopped eating by the time my meal was brought out - he did not like his meal. Mine came last. A sticky, sugary mess of boiled noodles and mascerated chicken, complete with grissle - where does one find grissle in chicken? After a couple of mouthfulls (I was already beginning to gag) I began pulling out of my mouth one long black hair, complete with bits of chicken and noodle stuck to it. I could not eat any more. I told the waitress, an older, chatty lady who was the owner, but my meal was not replaced and no apology was offered. To add insult to injury my husband had to pay for this meal. We left in disgust.

• Visited November 2011
Brisbane Australia
“Do yourself a favour”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family have been regular visitors to Thaiways for over 25 years! In fact we drive past 5 or 6 Thai restaurants to get there and we benchmark all others By Thaiways. Be sure to try their stuffed eggplant, sounds yuk but is unbeliveable!. Its great value - expect to pay around $18 per head and they also are BYO. We especially like their takeaway as I feel its even better value and generous size servings. the owner's name is "Choosery" but I don't know how to spell her Thai name. I believe its Brisbane's best Thai. If we ever get visitors too Brisbane we always go to Thaiways. They always say its amazine and cheap! My other favs are Panang Pork, Garlic Beef, Pad Thai with Chicken, Beef and cashew nuts is great too! Enjoy.

• Visited June 2011