See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We were allocated an enormous room with a terrace. Before arrival I called them to see if there were any restrictions regarding our dog and they were friendly and courteous, and by the way there are not any extra taxes to pay for the dog's stay.
The swimming pool is a real pool not a tiny little toy-like one. You can swim lengths there! Breakfast was abundant. The cakes were stale, though.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family is from Lanciano and my husband and I recently traveled there to visit family. We stayed at Anxanum for 4 nights. It wasn’t very busy, but this hotel is used mainly for business travelers and we were there on a weekend. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is adequate. Breakfast consisted of yogurt, ham, salami, cheese, croissants filled with fruit, bread, and a few pastries – not much, but enough for us. The shower has a mat with holes in it for the water to drain through, but it didn’t work too well. By the end of the shower I was standing in a puddle. If you move the mat off of the drain, it drains just fine, but then having the shower mat is useless.

One thing that annoyed us is that when we checked out we were charged for the waters we drank in the minibar. The minibar only contained sparkling water and natural water, and there was no price list in the room for these items, nor were we told beforehand that we would be charged. Some hotels do have water in the rooms for free, so we thought they were complimentary. Next time we’ll ask if it isn’t clear.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrettyLadyP
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We drove here in a thunder/hailstorm, by GPS, and discovered later, it took us in the back way - we had some problem finding the hotel - as it was tucked behind a street. But we were short on time, plus it was pouring / stopping / pouring every 15 minutes and we wanted to get into "old town" - a 10-15 minute walk. We asked if there were any taxis, "No, but come on, I'll drive you in my car!" The hotel owner drove us right to where we wanted to go! They were so accommodating and helpful.

The rooms were fine, and they have a beautiful pool -( that was overflowing from all the rain.)
We also were able to park free of charge right outside.
You might find fancier hotels, but this one was perfect for us!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked this hotel to coincide w a family trip to Italy to visit family. An emergent situation forced us to need to arrive 4 days early, and ended up staying seven days instead of three. The location was a perfect launch pad for our daily travels. The breakfast is just the right size. One day, the owner cooked us a grand lunch, modestly priced. The rooms were clean and spacious. On our last day, we rested at the pool and jumped in to join the weekly aqua aerobics class. It was a wonderful end to a month long visit in Italy. .

Room Tip: After three weeks sharing rooms with family members, I booked a single - and it was the best money I spent on lodging during the whole trip
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank martha C
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We had to pick up our daughter in Lanciano. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are very basic, and the color scheme is from the 70's. They charged me 10 Euros for indoor parking, and 10 Euros per person for breakfast. The breakfast was below average, and not appealing at all. Lanciano is not a big tourist attraction, so your choices are rather limited.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family