“Best Easter lunch ever”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

They were kind enough to set up a table just for me though it was a very busy day for all restaurants in Lanciano and I had the best Easter Sunday meal ever. The cook is respectful of the local traditions but doesn’t target quantity as much as quality. From the appetizers all the way to the coffee, everything was superb and high quality. I was only asked 38 euros for a meal worth much more. I left a generous tip for the staff which was truly multinational: kudos for this as well!

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (209)

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Really quite an amazing, welcoming experience. Ow re was gracious and chef was very engaging and concerned that we enjoyed the meal, which was fabulous. The service, setting and staff were exceptional. As is often the case we totally stumbled into this ace without reservations on a very busy night and they acomadated us so well. Grazie mile!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat @ 1.30pm...not the perfect time, but doing it the tourist way . We enterd and were welcomed by the cook who said it was no problem. So we had the best lunch in Lanciano.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Visited Lanciano at mid day to visit the church of St Francesco and found that it didn't open until 3pm.After a quiet stroll in what felt like a ghost town we looked on trip advisor to find a place for lunch. Fortunatly the Osteria Patria was round the corner but from the outside we probably wouldn't have found it as it is down a small side street.
Inside it is charming and colourful and the waiter was friendly and welcoming. The menu was interesting and simple and prices very good value considering it's position near a tourist attraction. The food was really delicious and had I been staying in Lanciano I would have returned to try the other dishes on the menu?
On this occasion I was really glad the everything closes at lunchtime in Italy as I wouldn't have found lovely restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Friends who live locally took my husband I to this wonderful little gem of a restaurant for lunch. We had such a great meal we went back several times during our stay. The food is traditional, delicious and varied. The atmosphere is cosy with interesting decor the staff were friendly and accommodating particularly when we took our daughter who is gluten intolerant. The chef made a risotto just for her. I can't wait to go back later this year.

Date of visit: December 2015